FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like Lava Iris 504Q..??

Very Much (Excellent)

43 Vote(s)
95.56%
Its not so good.

2 Vote(s)
4.44%

[B]LAVA IRIS 504Q Development (ROOTING, CWM AND EVERYTHING HERE!!!!) { UPDATED }[/B]

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 369

Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2013, 04:45 PM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
@manik I will upload it again for you but tabish has already downloaded it and using it.
Please I request you to download that mkv video and check on your 504q

Sent from my iris504Q using xda app-developers app

18th August 2013, 05:19 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Unhappy
Ahh finally I got promoted from newbie status after helping 10 people Puff!!. Now, I just wanted to ask if any of you have faced issues in ur Iris 504q with proximity sensor? I am facing this problem esp. when using Int. Flip Cover(though it can happen with the plain one also I guess) that for some reason, whenever I try to make a call and on pressing the Call Button, the screen blanks out completely even before I bring it to my ear. No button works during that time until the call terminates. I narrowed down to issue in proximity sensor that when using the provided flip cover, if I keep it closed for a long duration say 5 min and then open the cover & check in AndroSensors app, it shows Proximity Sensor reading as 0cm which means either it is detecting obstruction nearby(which is ofc. not the case) OR the sensor has gone to sleep. The only way is to press the sensor area and the PS wakes up to show proper 1cm in AndroSensors app.

I have read on FB another user also having the same problem so can u guys try out this usecase(Flip Cover usage by keeping it closed for good duration 2-5 min) + Dialing number after that. Whats ur reading on AndroSensors.

I bought my phone on 14th Aug and in 2 days detected this. Shop owner says it is normal but my Karbonn A21 never had any such problem. Pls guide what shud I do or how do I re-calibrate Prox. sensor.
18th August 2013, 06:10 PM |#283  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 369

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolnsmart

@manik I will upload it again for you but tabish has already downloaded it and using it.
Please I request you to download that mkv video and check on your 504q

ok plz upload on google drive or Sky drive if possible,,,
Also the video upload to google drive or sky dive
thx
18th August 2013, 06:17 PM |#284  

More
@Power you have only 7 days time to replace your handset means up to 21 Aug just show this problem to the service center and ask them for the DOA certificate which is required to replace your handset.

Or
You can install cwm recovery and wipe data and dalvik cache and then install my stock rom

19th August 2013, 05:47 AM |#285  

More
Quote:

@Power you have only 7 days time to replace your handset means up to 21 Aug just show this problem to the service center and ask them for the DOA certificate which is required to replace your handset.

Or
You can install cwm recovery and wipe data and dalvik cache and then install my stock rom

Thanks @coolnsmart for the Guidance. Can you explain me what is DOA, where do I take it suppose if the shop I took the phone from gives it to me. I doubt they even know abt this. When buying I had asked what if there is some problem in handset will u repllce it promptly, they told me they will send the handset back to company and will get new piece in 3-4 days. Can you please tell me what is the correct procedure? Dont want to go thru the CWM, Flash process. Have done it on my beautiful A21 and am repenting doing it when installing my own ROM due to wrong partion references was otherwise fine. Thus have only rooted the 504q till now.
19th August 2013, 08:02 AM |#286  

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by power2top

Thanks @coolnsmart for the Guidance. Can you explain me what is DOA, where do I take it suppose if the shop I took the phone from gives it to me. I doubt they even know abt this. When buying I had asked what if there is some problem in handset will u repllce it promptly, they told me they will send the handset back to company and will get new piece in 3-4 days. Can you please tell me what is the correct procedure? Dont want to go thru the CWM, Flash process. Have done it on my beautiful A21 and am repenting doing it when installing my own ROM due to wrong partion references was otherwise fine. Thus have only rooted the 504q till now.

Ok I will help you but this is due to defected piece you are facing these problem or otherwise this is the best phone so I request you to remove your negative vote from poll.Please.
Just take your phone immediately to the service center and show them your problem there directly and then ask for replacement .Just tell them its within a 7 days period
Locate service center here http://www.lavamobiles.com/EntityDet...treDetail.aspx
After that when they will approve ,they will issue you a doa certificate and give that certifiacte&hand over your mobile with accessories+original bill to your retailer.Thats it. Collect your new replaced handset in just 2 days.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Here is the pic of latest build no. and changes

"Sumit05" have updated his phone and posted it on http://www.gogi.in/lava-iris-504q-review.html
so I request here all xda users to tell him to join here and upload the update .I tried but it says wrong captcha again and again
19th August 2013, 08:10 AM |#287  

More
Sumit has joined xda(see Q&A forum for the same.) I had posted to send us update.zip but no reply from him. He seems to be in Newbie status so he could not reply here.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

@coolnsmart: 1 query on giving DOA to shop. What will they do with it? How and where from will they get new phone in 2 days? asking coz I doubt they know anything what to do of DOA(although they are listed on lava's dealers page) if I give them so wanting to know so that I can tell them what to do with it.
19th August 2013, 08:34 AM |#288  

More
Quote:

Sumit has joined xda(see Q&A forum for the same.) I had posted to send us update.zip but no reply from him. He seems to be in Newbie status so he could not reply here.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

@coolnsmart: 1 query on giving DOA to shop. What will they do with it? How and where from will they get new phone in 2 days? asking coz I doubt they know anything what to do of DOA(although they are listed on lava's dealers page) if I give them so wanting to know so that I can tell them what to do with it.

Thats great!but power please take your negative back from poll please.
After receivng doa from service center submit it with your mobile+accessories+original bill to your shopkeeper and then shopkeeper will provide you new handset within two days with new bill. Then again you will be alloted seven days time for replacement and the process goes on .I advice you to fully check your new replaced phone immediately,charger,flip cover, speaker,calling etc..
19th August 2013, 08:40 AM |#289  

More
@coolnsmart: Thanks. But an experience of the phone includes its support when things go wrong. Allow me a day or two to check this aspect when I take my phone today to shop and SC and if all goes well, I will promptly remove the ratings. Itna to haq banta hai. Thanks for your guidance and I would actively participate in the forum once I have my proper phone.
19th August 2013, 08:44 AM |#290  

More
Smile
Quote:

@coolnsmart: Thanks. But an experience of the phone includes its support when things go wrong. Allow me a day or two to check this aspect when I take my phone today to shop and SC and if all goes well, I will promptly remove the ratings. Itna to haq banta hai. Thanks for your guidance and I would actively participate in the forum once I have my proper phone.

Yeah I understands you faced problems from starting ....There is some problem with testing department of lava ---F***** idiots as it also happened with me.
@manik @tirtha @Violin @TabishFINALLY GOOD NEWS
joIN HERE https://www.facebook.com/groups/409549985832762/
THERE IS A member sumit sitha who has successfully updated his phone and will soon upload it here
If you find the info useful please hit thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to coolnsmart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolnsmart Ad-Free
19th August 2013, 09:56 AM |#291  
Flag Perungudi,Chennai
Thanks Meter: 249

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok I will help you but this is due to defected piece you are facing these problem or otherwise this is the best phone so I request you to remove your negative vote from poll.Please.
Just take your phone immediately to the service center and show them your problem there directly and then ask for replacement .Just tell them its within a 7 days period
Locate service center here http://www.lavamobiles.com/EntityDet...treDetail.aspx
After that when they will approve ,they will issue you a doa certificate and give that certifiacte&hand over your mobile with accessories+original bill to your retailer.Thats it. Collect your new replaced handset in just 2 days.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Here is the pic of latest build no. and changes

"Sumit05" have updated his phone and posted it on http://www.gogi.in/lava-iris-504q-review.html
so I request here all xda users to tell him to join here and upload the update .I tried but it says wrong captcha again and again

Even I tried to register to comment him but failed to login. Don't know what's the problem with the site.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lava iris, lava iris 504, lava iris 504q, rooting lava iris 504q

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)