[ROM][CM10.1][GT-I9192]Dijinn's First Try Out on ROM Development

Search This thread

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
Hi everyone!

I'm starting this thread because I need to know how many of you have I9192 like me...

I finished porting the @dsixda's kitchen (actually it wasn't that hard, since the mount points are the same of serranolte) and started trying to mod my first system

I want to try to port CM10.1 to our phone, for that I need your help, since I'll need other testers and ppl willing to help.

I would also like to thank a few ppl from xda which have helped me a lot:
@dsixda for creating the kitchen
@Vierko for being patient with me and answering my posts
@cheatman for creating the rooted kernel of i9192 and creating KyleOPEN ROM (which my girlfriend uses and loves xD)

I decided to mention someone else here that has been very helpful to the Galaxy S 4 Mini community and when I re-read this post earlier, I thought it was not right not to mention him...
@arco68 Thank you for helping everyone here a lot too!

Last edited:

Whitest

Oct 6, 2011
I do have this phone right now and would be very interested to test your ROM one day :)

Reactions: yosry

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
I can help as tester would love to have cm on my phone

Enviado desde mi GT-I9192 usando Tapatalk 4

boonhim

Sep 5, 2004
Me too. I Have this Phone and very exciting to try your rom.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 4

inkub1

Jan 17, 2013
+1 I am also planing to buy it so would be a good idea to have CM for it. I am now using Kyle OPEN ROM (4.0.4) on my 7562 and I am very excited to replace it with a bit more powerful dual sim phone. Not many other options though :(.

adosari

Aug 11, 2013
I have one and I am glad to help anytime

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flemlion13

Mar 25, 2010
It would be Custom ROM for Dual-SIM at last

I would like to get the DuoS version of the S4 mini, the only thing that's been holding me back is that dual-SIM in general is very poorly supported by custom ROM, so if there would be a CM ROM for the S4 mini DuoS that would be heaven!

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
I would like to get the DuoS version of the S4 mini, the only thing that's been holding me back is that dual-SIM in general is very poorly supported by custom ROM, so if there would be a CM ROM for the S4 mini DuoS that would be heaven!

You see, the problem on custom ROM for dual chip is that dual chipping is not supported by Android itself...
Google doesn't have any support to dual sim, which means that each of the companies that make dual sim phones create their own way to use both sim slots and etc... Some phones like samsung you can't even get the methods they use to connect to the sim slots using reflection, which makes thing quite hard...

I'm doing my best on trying to figure out what are the modules and stuff needed to port CM but IT IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE! (caps so ppl don't get mad at me later on xD)

I've figured a few things up taking a look at the stock rom and it seems that the biggest problem is the lack of apks that work with dual sim...

For example, the phone application for dual sim samsung phones is a different version of the phone application with 2 buttons to make the call, same goes for sms and mms apps...

I think that even if we port CM to this phone, we are gonna get stuck with some stock apps....

vichunni

Apr 30, 2013
Thrissur
Custom ROMs....???

I am also der bro...I am having S4 mini i9192...!!

Is der problem only with CM...??

Can we get other custom ROMs..??

I was using Xolo Q800 before...it is also a dual sim phone...but, developers are many to make a lot of custom ROMs...I sit possible here..??

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
I am also der bro...I am having S4 mini i9192...!!

Is der problem only with CM...??

Can we get other custom ROMs..??

I was using Xolo Q800 before...it is also a dual sim phone...but, developers are many to make a lot of custom ROMs...I sit possible here..??

I'm doing my best with sir @arco68 to figure out what's needed to make the first port of a ROM for a dual sim phone

The biggest problem is the fact that android itself does not support dual sim functions, so each company did it their own way...¬¬'

Maybe, just maybe, if we figure out how to do it for S4 Mini, we can do it for other samsung phones....and maybe, just maybe we can work things around for other dual sim phones

almahdy

Feb 14, 2012
I bought the phone a week ago and I'm extremely happy with it so far. I'd love to try CM on it though :laugh:

1vs160

Aug 10, 2013
Moscow
There is a lot of users who waits fully google-free firmware for Samsung G4-mini dios gt-i9192
Now, home-cleared from googletrash original firmware have 2 big disadvantages:

1) kernel and os android have unrestrictable parasite internet trafic(afwall+donate) which appears syncronously with good trafic of any app.

2) a big battery drain spontaneously occur even by using down clocking battery saving apps. Only reset can help.

I heared that good firmware for gt-i9195 can be adopted for gt-i9192
We will wait this modification.

----
Community of Russian users.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

I'm starting this thread because I need to know how many of you have I9192 like me...

I finished porting the @dsixda's kitchen (actually it wasn't that hard, since the mount points are the same of serranolte) and started trying to mod my first system

I want to try to port CM10.1 to our phone, for that I need your help, since I'll need other testers and ppl willing to help.

I would also like to thank a few ppl from xda which have helped me a lot:
    @dsixda for creating the kitchen
    @Vierko for being patient with me and answering my posts
    @cheatman for creating the rooted kernel of i9192 and creating KyleOPEN ROM (which my girlfriend uses and loves xD)

I decided to mention someone else here that has been very helpful to the Galaxy S 4 Mini community and when I re-read this post earlier, I thought it was not right not to mention him...
    @arco68 Thank you for helping everyone here a lot too!
    If any body are interested -

Download (or cwm)

P.S. This test build - not all apps, not all work - and i am not responsible if it causes damage to your phone.. bla bla bla...
    No need fix SystemUI - i build 2 different version of OS 4.4 with dualsim support.. But radio not work - not register to network...
    Alright I think Djinn's last seen date (28th August 2013 07:55 AM) says something about his progress on this.

I think this thread should be closed to prevent people from getting false hope. If any other devs have any new progress on getting dual-sim to work on the I9192, please start a new thread.

(Installing CM for other S4 Mini variants on the I9192 will give you a working CM interface with everything working except the radio)

You see, the problem on custom ROM for dual chip is that dual chipping is not supported by Android itself...
    Google doesn't have any support to dual sim, which means that each of the companies that make dual sim phones create their own way to use both sim slots and etc... Some phones like samsung you can't even get the methods they use to connect to the sim slots using reflection, which makes thing quite hard...

I'm doing my best on trying to figure out what are the modules and stuff needed to port CM but IT IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE! (caps so ppl don't get mad at me later on xD)

I've figured a few things up taking a look at the stock rom and it seems that the biggest problem is the lack of apks that work with dual sim...

For example, the phone application for dual sim samsung phones is a different version of the phone application with 2 buttons to make the call, same goes for sms and mms apps...

I think that even if we port CM to this phone, we are gonna get stuck with some stock apps....