By Theoriginalgiga, Senior Member on 15th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2013, 02:23 AM |#11  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionx1

I have that charger. I just ordered the receiver, I'll be getting it Tuesday. I'll post how fast it charges once I get it

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Cool, I'm curious if the output is any different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoriginalgiga

That would be good to know, my phone has been charging at 640ma which isn't the speediest thing in the world, but will fully charge my phone at night. I'm curious if it's the charger which won't go past 640 or the receiver.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Makes me kinda wonder if there is a limiting factor in the phone itself? Don't know much about the process but it would seem strange to me that the amount to charge would really be a gating factor on how much the output of the charger would be...

19th August 2013, 03:22 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqeteer

Makes me kinda wonder if there is a limiting factor in the phone itself? Don't know much about the process but it would seem strange to me that the amount to charge would really be a gating factor on how much the output of the charger would be...

Unless there's a limiter placed on the connectors for inductive charging I don't see it being a device related limitation. My thought is either Nokia oversold the output current on the charger, because of my case I'm seeing a 110mah drop in inductive charging, the receiver I put in the phone was oversold (saying it's 1000ma, but really only 640) or the app I used to measure the current is wrong.

With Actionx1 getting in the 1000ma receiver, we'll be able to eliminate the receiver as the potential culprit. When I get home tonight I'll attempt to charge without the case to see if that makes any difference.

Either way though this is just an exercise in curiosity for me. I'm happy as a clam only paying about $19 for each of the charging pads and they work great.
19th August 2013, 06:03 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqeteer

Funny you should mention looking for a 1000ma charger because when I went to look at the receiver I noticed this...

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Wireless...f=pd_sim_cps_4

It was on the same page in the what other customer's bought slider thing. $26.49 + $4.49 shipping so $31 vs $25. Is $6 worth it?

I have that charger. It's the worst one out of all that I have. I also have the samsung charger and one I got off ebay (similar to this: Qi Wireless Charger)

The GMYLE doesn't produce enough range to power through an otterbox case, while the others both do.
It does charge decently, but heats up my devices more than the others.
The red charge indicator glow is also very obvious and bleeds through the white casing at night. Not crazy bright but obvious enough.
19th August 2013, 10:37 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got my wireless charger adapter for my S4:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got NFC to work after I removed the stickers from both sides.

Wireless charging still works with this case on:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im now concerned about the temperature...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)