Neo Hybrid imitation, almost identical? UPDATED: Pictures and brief review

Search This thread

Bstin

Dec 26, 2010
Got mine yesterday.

I ordered a lime green one. The bumper part looks nice and feels a little bit cheap. Compared to my official yellow one the plastic feels a little cheaper and softer. If I replace the buttons with the original it feels great. The buttons that came with it are a little loose. The TPU part does not fit my phone, which is a bummer but I only really wanted the bumper part anyway. Since I got a color that spigen doesn't officially sell, I am happy with it, but if you are looking for a color that spigen actually sells, I'd say go the official route.

ecsm0800

Apr 18, 2011
I received my red neo hybrid from aliexpress and it's really not too bad for the amount paid. The buttons are a little loose (but still very responsive) compared with the original. The color of the red frame is a little darker than expected. However, the TPU portion fits my S4 pretty well; no complaints. I guess it comes down to quality control?

Last edited:

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte
Does anyone here use the OEM wireless charging cover? I really want to buy one of these, but I don't want to waste the money if I can't use the OEM wireless back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, this was just listed on eBay. I ordered one too see how it will fit my original one or to compare it. It looks almost identical to the original one, especially with the buttons. The previous fake ones had the buttons intact to the tpu shell, this one isn't so it looks like the frame can be use for my original one. It's worth a try

P.S
    It doesn't say NED HYBRID and the lettering is small like the original one :D

uploadfromtaptalk1371623646786.jpg

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231002304984

UPDATE:

I got mine from the mail, and good new people! IT FITS!
    The case feels solid for the price in my opinion.
    I doesnt feel or look cheap but I have to say the original one feels better.
    The tpu that came with the knock off is more stiff than the spigen one but it doesnt feel cheap.
    The frame look exactly the same with only differentiation are the "neo hybrid" logo and the buttons. Judge the pictures for yourself. And It does say "neo hybrid" :p
    The buttons are not tight like the original ones, if i have one complain its the buttons, but they can be easily switched with the original ones. Push the buttons from in to out and they come off easily to be switched. That is what im planning on doing.
    Cant complain with the price and how it goes along with the original ones.
    They are the same thickness, if not the fake ones are a little thinner.

Look at the pictures for better judgement.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    One thing to know about Aliexpress, yes your money is safe. Aliexpress doesn't release the money until you get your package and confirmed that you have received it. In other words if you experience any problem as long as you havent completed the order, your money is safe.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm wondering this too about how safe is AliExpress and with this buyer. Where did you see the $5 coupon for using MC? I don't even see the MC icon for that item (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-Galaxy-S4-With-Retail-Package/935142568.html).

http://www.aliexpress.com/mastercard 5$ off 25$
    Aliexpress is SAFE! I have made more than 50 orders there and i had problem with just one package, it is like Ebay you must check the seller reputation before made an order.
    I've been using my "Identical" knockoff for two days now...And I have to say it's the very first knock off I've ever been happy with and wanted to use for more than a couple of hrs. I currently own 2 genuine SGP products and the knock off is within 85-90% of the quality level of the SGP. Given that the knock-off is <20% the cost of the original it think it's absolutely worth it.