FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Note 2 Hidden Settings [Easily Change Hidden CSC Features]

272 posts
Thanks Meter: 364
 
By nagasgura, Senior Member on 21st August 2013, 09:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2013, 03:56 AM |#11  
MBariya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jamnagar
Thanks Meter: 423
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llawarta

There is no feature.xml, only a new file feature_backup.xml I believe created by your app.

If there is other.xml file, then no feature.xml file in CSC folder. This app will edit that other.xml file instead feature.xml file and feature_backup.xml is backup file.

Good app. Works perfect on stock MG1 rom. Hope some more features will come.
22nd August 2013, 04:06 AM |#12  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,695
 
More
awesome..going to give this a try on my s4
22nd August 2013, 04:19 AM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Thumbs up
Hi,

I just tested more deeply and works fine almost all supported CSC codes on my device. Great App!

Because I edited manually the file before use this app some values are being duplicated on every save, I think try to merge the before changes will result in a hell, worst if will support more CSC tags and features.

IMHO I suggest you this logic:

1. Exists backup the file? backup : skip
2. Import all the CSC (known and unknown) and keep it on memory
3. Edit known values or add it if not exists
4. To save dump CSC on memory to the file with overwrite
5. Jump to 1.

I think with this scheme you will avoid to merge changes.
22nd August 2013, 04:28 AM |#14  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,695
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82

awesome..going to give this a try on my s4

also confirmed it works on my sprint sgs4

I did notice two discrepencies though with the s4

1. In that the app shows the search contacts by dialer as off, but I can still do it on my s4

2. "enable rotation control icon" in gallery was turned off, but it is already available on my s4



---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llawarta

Hi,

I just tested more deeply and works fine almost all supported CSC codes on my device. Great App!

Because I edited manually the file before use this app some values are being duplicated on every save, I think try to merge the before changes will result in a hell, worst if will support more CSC tags and features.

IMHO I suggest you this logic:

1. Exists backup the file? backup : skip
2. Import all the CSC (known and unknown) and keep it on memory
3. Edit known values or add it if not exists
4. To save dump CSC on memory to the file with overwrite
5. Jump to 1.

I think with this scheme you will avoid to merge changes.

I'm not sure what you mean. I already had edited the CSC files manually to enable shutter menu and take pictures while on call (which is not an option in this app

and when i opened the app the first time, it showed as "enable shutter sound menu" as on, because I had already manually edited that CSC option


___________________

PLEASE, PLEASE make a S4 app for this!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyecon82 Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 05:54 AM |#15  
alankstiyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buried deep inside my mind
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
does it work with the s3?
22nd August 2013, 05:54 AM |#16  
guitardoc64's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lake Charles,LA
Thanks Meter: 521
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82

also confirmed it works on my sprint sgs4

I did notice two discrepencies though with the s4

1. In that the app shows the search contacts by dialer as off, but I can still do it on my s4

2. "enable rotation control icon" in gallery was turned off, but it is already available on my s4



---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------



I'm not sure what you mean. I already had edited the CSC files manually to enable shutter menu and take pictures while on call (which is not an option in this app

and when i opened the app the first time, it showed as "enable shutter sound menu" as on, because I had already manually edited that CSC option


___________________

PLEASE, PLEASE make a S4 app for this!!

Or make it a Samsung galaxy phones app. This could go a lot further once it has been confirmed working on more devices.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
22nd August 2013, 05:58 AM |#17  
MBariya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jamnagar
Thanks Meter: 423
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alankstiyo

does it work with the s3?

It should work. Try out.

Sent from my GT-N7100
22nd August 2013, 06:10 AM |#18  
alankstiyo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buried deep inside my mind
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBariya

It should work. Try out.

Sent from my GT-N7100

it looks like it works on the S3 although it says the device is not supported
22nd August 2013, 06:14 AM |#19  
ttkyles's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
nice... but shutter sound toggled to off but still makes sound..also gallery rotation button greyed out.
suggestions? im on a gn2 sprint .stock rooted

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd August 2013, 06:15 AM |#20  
MBariya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jamnagar
Thanks Meter: 423
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttkyles

nice... but shutter sound toggled to off but still makes sound..also gallery rotation button greyed out.
suggestions? im on a gn2 sprint .stock rooted

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reboot phone once to take effect. Rotation will be fixed. If want to rotate image, then press that button.

Sent from my GT-N7100
22nd August 2013, 06:22 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Flag 大阪府
Thanks Meter: 79
 
Donate to Me
More
I've been playing around with the features.xml file for a couple weeks now. Does this by any chance have the FM radio settings included? At work, so I can't try it out at the moment to see for myself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
csc, feature.xml, hidden settings, infinite scroll, turn off shutter sound

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes