[mod] Get rid of qslides in notification

Search This thread

madmack

Can you re-post the ADB method? I don't particularly want to install recovery, the only reason I'm interested in root is to get rid of the QSlide bar.

the adb method won't work with you anymore because the attached files in the OP are different. Why not flash recovery though? It's 2nd init recovery so your sensitive boot partitions remain virtually intact and no one can boot into that recovery from cold boot (if you're worried someone might figure out about your root and recovery installation). Once you've rebooted out of our current 2nd init recovery, it disappears and won't be launched unless you execute it via the app again.

mrfeuss

Dec 22, 2012
Nowheresville, NJ
the adb method won't work with you anymore because the attached files in the OP are different. Why not flash recovery though? It's 2nd init recovery so your sensitive boot partitions remain virtually intact and no one can boot into that recovery from cold boot (if you're worried someone might figure out about your root and recovery installation). Once you've rebooted out of our current 2nd init recovery, it disappears and won't be launched unless you execute it via the app again.

Just wanted to report that pushing the modified LGSystemUI.apk to /system/app does the trick, even after the Value Pack update. Thanks again for your hard work on this mod!

GnarlyCar

Oct 25, 2009
I'm missing something...

So I downloaded the file, extracted it, and now have a folder called 'hide_qslides' on the device. In that folder are folders called 'patch,' and 'META-INF.' I can navigate into those folders and actually find a folder called LGSystemUI.apk, but it's just another folder with a couple more folders inside, and finally a file called 'floating_launcher.xml.' I have no idea what to do with any of this. Could someone post a step-by-step with what I should do next?

I am rooted, and I can get to the LGSystemUI.apk file to rename it in /system/app. I'm just at a loss for what to do with the files in the zip.

Thanks,
MattyBoy

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
Works for LG F240

Awesome mod works for LG 240K JZ054K,

Only if we could also remove the carrier text in the status bar :p

patrick8996

Dec 29, 2011
Oregon
Well I am now stuck at the LG symbol....I was stupid and didnt make a nandroid backup....I am on the AT&T E980 and people said it worked in this thread and now I am stuck -.-

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Well I am now stuck at the LG symbol....I was stupid and didnt make a nandroid backup....I am on the AT&T E980 and people said it worked in this thread and now I am stuck -.-

I've used this several times and it has always worked for me without any problem...
Man you have to remember to ALWAYS make a nandroid backup I have one on my phone and one on my pc...

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I want this mod on LG G Pro Lite Dual. This model don`t have CWM, only root. I downloaded the file thinking to copy files, but it has only a script. Without CWM, no deal.

So, I think I have to deodex my LGSystemUI apk, extract it, and put back on the phone. I`m right?

Plus... Even if I can apply this mod, I`m not sure this will let the phone get the "security error" at boot, or enter a bootloop. For now, the only way to recover this model from a brick is re-install all firmware with LG Mobile Tools (on or off-line method). Both are too slow and takes a lot of time...

Thanks in advice!

PS.: Pro Lite Dual runs 4.1.2. I read somewhere LG Optimus G Pro has hability to disable QSlide in settings, and it uses same version. Can I use LGSystemUI from LG Optimus G Pro?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, this is a fairly advanced topic, I'm not providing a nice little cwm file for you to "apply" or "revert" so you gotta know what you're doing. Namely, you'll need to know how to type some commands via adb and be rooted.

I'm providing two CWM files that you can flash over odexed or deodexed LG Optimus G Pro ROMs. Simply put these in your sdcard, use the 2nd init recovery to reboot into recovery, then apply and reboot.

Props to mateo1111 and lv4n35. I used their contribution for "pointers" :)

Enjoy your reclaimed notification slide down real estate.

I've used this several times and it has always worked for me without any problem...
    Man you have to remember to ALWAYS make a nandroid backup I have one on my phone and one on my pc...

once and if we get the bootloader unlocked, then it would make sense to provide cwm files that you can apply and revert easily. if someone packages this file in a cwm file in the meantime that you can flash via 2nd init, then I'll post it in the OP.

Edit: found the time to push two cwm files in the OP :)
    Wish there was a better way to do this.

Hi Noob Here ...let me get this straight ..u renamed the LGSystemUI.apk to LGSystemUI.bak which was already on the phone and then u pasted the apk which the OP posted and then set the permission to RWRR and rebooted ..Right...

The demand for this mod is more than I initially anticipated. You guys made me feel bad :silly: so I'm providing two little nice CWM flashable files in the OP. This should now work on odexed or deodexed ROMs. Guys with international PRO variants, you can try these files too. Worse case is that you'll have to flash back to stock using LGFlashTools given that we have no recovery to fix stuff from a soft brick yet.
    Can someone confirm if this works with AT&T's stock KitKat? I am thinking of upgrading from the stock Panama ROM for the 980 but I really don't want qslide to come back.

Also, can this be flashed with TWRP or Flashify rather than CWM?

Thanks.

With stock kk you don't need this mod ........ There is a option to not use qslide.

2SHAYNEZ