FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]SuperOneClick v2.3.3 - Motorola Exploit Added!

686 posts
Thanks Meter: 944

By CLShortFuse, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th October 2010, 07:56 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th August 2013, 10:26 AM |#6921  
Flag karachi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
galaxy sl root
First thanks for this ! when i run super one click it stuck at step 7 saying wait for device !

24th August 2013, 11:56 AM |#6922  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,990

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghfran

First thanks for this ! when i run super one click it stuck at step 7 saying wait for device !

As you fail to include even any basic information that might be useful to anyone trying to help you, like which device/software version you have, I can only say that if you're running anything newer than Gingerbread, then this tool will not work.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4
25th August 2013, 11:16 AM |#6923  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can't unroot my LG Optimus 2x
Hi !

I try to unroot my LG Opt 2x with soc 1.9.5 and soc 2.2. It shows that it "roots" the phone, but nothing about unrooting. The superuser app is still on the phone, reseted and rebooted it ... any ideas ?
26th August 2013, 12:40 AM |#6924  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Unhappy
So I just got my new S4 and thought I would finally give this another try, as I want to clean out my old Galaxy S SCH-I500 and use it as an MP3 player.

I downloaded the USB drivers from Samsung, Downloaded Super once click 2.3.3 and 2.2, extracted them both with my antivirus disabled. I unmounted my SD card, enabled debugging and connected my device to my Windows 8 PC and start SOC.

It never completes, or hangs up. One time it got pretty far, but didn't end with the "OK" like the video shows and I abviously wasn't rooted when checked. I just want to remove all the bloat ware from my old phone, it's going to make a great MP3 player, with a decent camera and wi-fi access.

What am I missing? I tried this about a year ago and didn't get very far then either. Is it possible this phone can't be rooted by this method? I don't know enough about the other ways to try any of them. Too many steps and too many questions for an old man like me to have to work out, lol..

Edit, found I had a bad cable, but it hangs here now every time: I don't see where to find info on the "waiting for device issues" as stated in the video on the first page. Doesn't look like it exists any more.
26th August 2013, 08:06 AM |#6925  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
chaotic mpontat
Quote:
Originally Posted by beko70

Hi !

I try to unroot my LG Opt 2x with soc 1.9.5 and soc 2.2. It shows that it "roots" the phone, but nothing about unrooting. The superuser app is still on the phone, reseted and rebooted it ... any ideas ?

FOUND IT !! If you set exploit in SOC from "auto" to "psneuter" it unroots you LG Optimus without problems.
26th August 2013, 10:29 AM |#6926  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp

So I just got my new S4 and thought I would finally give this another try, as I want to clean out my old Galaxy S SCH-I500 and use it as an MP3 player.

//SNIP//

Dude try this thread looks like its compatible with your phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798064
26th August 2013, 01:11 PM |#6927  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaz2

Dude try this thread looks like its compatible with your phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=798064

I read that, but like my original post stated, I don't understand the language of voodoo vs. Non-voodoo, Odin, kernal this or that, nor do I want to have to buy apps that may or may not do me any good if it doesn't work.

I'm not lazy, just honestly with 4 kids, two homes, 4 dogs, a full time job, kids in high school activities etc. I do not have the time to learn all the ins and outs of doing this safely without hurting or bricking my phone.

I don't have a basic understanding of the Android operating system. When I poke around, it seems like every thing is duplicated twice for some reason, and the file structure is cryptic to me.

I guess, unless I can find someone to do this, I'm SOL. I'll keep searching to see WHY this meathod doesn't work, as it clearly states in the first post my phone is supported. Whats different about my phone than the hundreds that have been already rooted? THAT is the question!
26th August 2013, 01:33 PM |#6928  
Flag Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What Android version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp

I read that, but like my original post stated, I don't understand the language of voodoo vs. Non-voodoo, Odin, kernal this or that, nor do I want to have to buy apps that may or may not do me any good if it doesn't work.

I'm not lazy, just honestly with 4 kids, two homes, 4 dogs, a full time job, kids in high school activities etc. I do not have the time to learn all the ins and outs of doing this safely without hurting or bricking my phone.

I don't have a basic understanding of the Android operating system. When I poke around, it seems like every thing is duplicated twice for some reason, and the file structure is cryptic to me.

I guess, unless I can find someone to do this, I'm SOL. I'll keep searching to see WHY this meathod doesn't work, as it clearly states in the first post my phone is supported. Whats different about my phone than the hundreds that have been already rooted? THAT is the question!

I think that this thread's solution might only work for Gingerbread (& previous) Android versions. Given that the bulk of recent phones are for Ice Cream Sandwich (aka ICS) & Jelly Bean (aka JB) Android, yours may well be one of these. If you go to Settings & look in About's details, that will tell you the version of Android installed on your phone (i.e. 2.2=Froyo,2.3=Gingerbread, 3=Honeycomb, 4.0=ICS, 4.1 (I think)=JB).

Even though I have a good understanding of Linux (on which Android is based) & I use Ubuntu (based on Linux) on my desktop & laptop PCs, I don't fully get Android. For example, Android does not use the standard Unix (Linux being a flavour of Unix) password system. The impression that I get is that Google deliberately keep secret the workings of Android for marketing & other reasons.
26th August 2013, 11:13 PM |#6929  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaaronrose

I think that this thread's solution might only work for Gingerbread (& previous) Android versions. Given that the bulk of recent phones are for Ice Cream Sandwich (aka ICS) & Jelly Bean (aka JB) Android, yours may well be one of these. If you go to Settings & look in About's details, that will tell you the version of Android installed on your phone (i.e. 2.2=Froyo,2.3=Gingerbread, 3=Honeycomb, 4.0=ICS, 4.1 (I think)=JB).

Even though I have a good understanding of Linux (on which Android is based) & I use Ubuntu (based on Linux) on my desktop & laptop PCs, I don't fully get Android. For example, Android does not use the standard Unix (Linux being a flavour of Unix) password system. The impression that I get is that Google deliberately keep secret the workings of Android for marketing & other reasons.

My Samsung Galaxy S is Gingerbread 2.3.5.
26th August 2013, 11:33 PM |#6930  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,524

More
When you reach step #7, try toggling USB debugging off, and then back on. Worked for me.

sent from the p509 that I thought I killed again... no trouble at all
27th August 2013, 01:00 AM |#6931  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

When you reach step #7, try toggling USB debugging off, and then back on. Worked for me.

sent from the p509 that I thought I killed again... no trouble at all

I can't toggle USB Debugging with the USB cable plugged in, the phone tells me to unplug the USB cable before I can toggle it on or off. If I do that, it instant ly locks up OCR.

I can't believe this is this hard, I HAVE to be doing something wrong. I've unistalled all antivirus and tracking software frm the phone and am even back on the stock "TWLauncher", hoping the apps I removed, are causing the issue. No good there either.

ANyone in the Dayton, Ohio area care to make a few bucks??? lol
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2, galaxy, galaxy s brazil, galaxy y s5360, root, superoneclick, uckb2, z4root
Previous Thread Next Thread