Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2013, 12:25 AM |#71  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 364

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiedacz

I have the AT&T version and mine are behaving opposite. Once I applied setting once from the app, my email app appears to have a black theme with white message body background. No matter how I toggle the switch. Prior to this, my email app was a light theme with white background.

For anyone having trouble resetting it, follow these directions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasgura

• Use Root Explorer, ES File Explorer or a similar app to go to the /system/csc directory
  • Delete the feature.xml file
  • Rename the feature_backup.xml file to feature.xml
  • Make sure the file permissions on the new feature.xml are rw-r--r--:
    • Owner: Read, Write
    • Group: Read
    • Others: Read

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nagasgura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nagasgura Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 01:36 AM |#72  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 248

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

For anyone having trouble resetting it, follow these directions:

Yup, that worked and I am back to my original. Would you like me to post my original and modified feature.xml files, along with a screenshot of how my email program looks?
24th August 2013, 01:46 AM |#73  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiedacz

Yup, that worked and I am back to my original. Would you like me to post my original and modified feature.xml files, along with a screenshot of how my email program looks?

Sure, that would be helpful.
Also if anyone has an others.xml file and no feature.xml file (like at&t phones), please post it. I'm trying to fix a bug with certain phones.
24th August 2013, 02:04 AM |#74  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sure, that would be helpful.
Also if anyone has an others.xml file and no feature.xml file (like at&t phones), please post it. I'm trying to fix a bug with certain phones.

I donĀ“t have feature.xml file in i9300 stock (I9300XXEMG4_I9300TPHEMG2_I9300XXEMG4) firmware, in attach my original others.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip others.zip - [Click for QR Code] (901 Bytes, 17 views)
24th August 2013, 04:43 AM |#75  
Flag Brooklyn, N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 50

More
any one try the "Auto power on before alarm" ? Does this work like it did for blackberry, where if the phone is off it'll automatically turn it on for the alarm?
24th August 2013, 04:50 AM |#76  
Thanks Meter: 1,695

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazytazz

any one try the "Auto power on before alarm" ? Does this work like it did for blackberry, where if the phone is off it'll automatically turn it on for the alarm?

id like to know as well...and please mention what kind of phone you are using because this app works on multiple phones
24th August 2013, 12:50 PM |#77  
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwazytazz

I'll give it a test, I hope so as this is my biggest issue since switching to a 'smart' phone.
24th August 2013, 09:36 PM |#78  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Jersey
Thanks Meter: 773

Donate to Me
More
Hi ,First of all thanks for all your hard work.

I have been using csc features in all kind of roms from android to windows for a long time so i had to try your app

When i tried your app in my modified stock ROM( latest note 2 uk rom) i noticed i had lost all my previous csc hacks, i had to find out why.

I my case you app is malformating the xml (feature.xml)file therefore rendering it useless, i have found where the problems are and editing the file all the features come back.
Attached are the files from your app and the one fixed so you can compare it.

other fixes....
enable camera on call is missing a more than(>)character and therefore rendering the the code lines below it useless, here is the correct code:
Quote:

<FeatureSet><CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringC all>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall></FeatureSet>

Suggestions:
in order to enable keyboard symbols for all languanges at once use this code:
Quote:

CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>es_US;en_G B;en_US;en_AU;en_CA;en_PH;en_IE;en_NZ;en_ZA;ko_KR; de_AT;de_CH;de_DE;fr_FR;fr_CH;fr_BE;fr_CA; bg_BG;cs_CZ;da_DK;el_GR;es_ES;et_EE;fi_FI;ga_IE;hr _HR;hu_HU;is_IS;it_IT; lt_LT;lv_LV;mk_MK;ms_MY;nb_NO;nl_NL;nl_BE;pl_PL;pt _PT;pt-BR;ro_RO;sr_RS;sv_SE;tr_TR; ca_ES;eu_ES;gl_ES;kk_KZ;ru_RU;sk_SK;sl_SI;uk_UA;uz _UZ;az_AZ;hy_AM;ka_GE;

Also here is a picture of the file created by your app with the errors pointed out, i hope it helps in improving the app, many thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: zip feature.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 12 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faria Ad-Free
24th August 2013, 10:07 PM |#79  
Flag Lake Charles,LA
Thanks Meter: 521

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82

I found this app via xda portal

and SAMMOBILE

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/22/...s4-and-note-2/

Same here. I was probably one of the first to download it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
25th August 2013, 03:57 AM |#80  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faria

Hi ,First of all thanks for all your hard work.

I have been using csc features in all kind of roms from android to windows for a long time so i had to try your app

When i tried your app in my modified stock ROM( latest note 2 uk rom) i noticed i had lost all my previous csc hacks, i had to find out why.

I my case you app is malformating the xml (feature.xml)file therefore rendering it useless, i have found where the problems are and editing the file all the features come back.
Attached are the files from your app and the one fixed so you can compare it.

other fixes....
enable camera on call is missing a more than(>)character and therefore rendering the the code lines below it useless, here is the correct code:

Suggestions:
in order to enable keyboard symbols for all languanges at once use this code:

Also here is a picture of the file created by your app with the errors pointed out, i hope it helps in improving the app, many thanks.

Thank you!!! I was just emailing one of my users who was having the same problem as you, you just saved me a lot of time. If I ever make a paid version or a different paid app, you'll be the first to get it for free. Attached is the fixed version of the app:
Attached Files
File Type: apk Note2HiddenSettings1.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (256.5 KB, 43 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nagasgura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nagasgura Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 03:06 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzamalek

Thx for this great program
Please add future " use extra vol. for calls "

Is there any help for this ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
csc, feature.xml, hidden settings, infinite scroll, turn off shutter sound

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)