FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,877

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2013, 01:18 PM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question install cwm-recovery-ovation-2.zip (CWM recovery - to install into Nook) onto the ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Your sdcard folder on your CM10 SD is not visible in your PC if you take the card out and insert it into the PC. The only way you can see the contents of the sdcard folder is to use MTP and your USB cord plugged into the PC.

If you made a backup using the CWM that came with your SD install, it backs up the CM10 that is on the SD, not what is on emmc. And that is why you cannot see the backup files when you insert the card into the PC.

To backup emmc, you need to use the CWM from this thread. In other words, make a new CWM SD that is for installing and backing up emmc.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Just boot to your CWM SD and flash the recovery file to emmc again.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.

Thanks very much.

I don't want to over-write my 16GB SD card with SD CM10.2 on it. But I do have a spare 2GB SD card. I have loaded the emmc CMW onto the 2GB card but cannot backup because the SD card is too small. So my plan was to use that card to install "cwm-recovery-ovation-2.zip (CWM recovery - to install into Nook)" onto the original NOOK HD+ rom.

Will this work and is it compatible?

If yes, my plan was to remove my 2GB SD card, boot into CMW recovery installed onto the nook, do a back up, then copy the back up from the NOOK HD+ to my computer.

Hey presto I can then erase the original NOOK HD+ rom and install CM10.3 emmc.

Will this work?

23rd August 2013, 05:22 PM |#492  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,877

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldcheyne

Thanks very much.

I don't want to over-write my 16GB SD card with SD CM10.2 on it. But I do have a spare 2GB SD card. I have loaded the emmc CMW onto the 2GB card but cannot backup because the SD card is too small. So my plan was to use that card to install "cwm-recovery-ovation-2.zip (CWM recovery - to install into Nook)" onto the original NOOK HD+ rom.

Will this work and is it compatible?

If yes, my plan was to remove my 2GB SD card, boot into CMW recovery installed onto the nook, do a back up, then copy the back up from the NOOK HD+ to my computer.

Hey presto I can then erase the original NOOK HD+ rom and install CM10.3 emmc.

Will this work?

First, what is CM10.3? I have never heard of it.

You should be able to do one full backup using the 2GB card. But you cannot use verygreen's version of CWM SD as it reduces it to 1GB. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and use my new procedure to put CWM on the 2GB SD. Then you will have the full 2GB available.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using XDA Premium
23rd August 2013, 05:59 PM |#493  
Thanks Meter: 899

More
Thanks to NookE for pointing to the image archive at Goo.im. I'm changing the CM image links in the guide to point to these for now, as it looks like CM10.1 nightlies have stopped, and weeklies have yet to show up. I'll continue to monitor 10.2's progress, and will revise the guide to it when it is deemed sufficiently stable.

http://goo.im/devs/cm/ovation

http://goo.im/devs/cm/hummingbird
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e.mote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift e.mote Ad-Free
23rd August 2013, 08:57 PM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqballjh

Rooted, etc. booted into CWM using the SD, Installed CWM hummingbird, installed the 8/19 cm10.2, installed GAPPS-jb-20130812-signed.zip; upon rebooting it booted into CM, but when it went to log on to wifi AOSP keyboard failed so i couldn't enter my password for wifi. any ideas?

Never mind, think i got the wrong gapps, trying again.

I understand you got it working, but I figured I would respond anyways: the keyboard failed because you used the wrong GAPPS package.

20130812 is for Cm 10.1 or Android 4.2.2

20130813 (and later) is for CM 10.2 or Android 4.3.
23rd August 2013, 10:18 PM |#495  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Is anyone able to play streaming videos using a browser on CM 10.1? I tried all the browsers and want to watch project free tv but I cant get any sound and choppy video.

I downloaded adobe flash apk from somewhere and I can't even get amazon video to work.

thanks.
24th August 2013, 01:16 AM |#496  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onageric

This is a known bug in CM 10.2.

Any solution for this "location service" bug so far?
25th August 2013, 07:02 AM |#497  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Not sure what happened, everything was good for the day couple minutes ago the nook shut down restarted and now I'm stuck on the cyogenmod screen it just keeps spinning what do I do?

Edit: Went ahead and used the baseline backup, does anyone know of an app that will do automatic baseline backups?
25th August 2013, 10:13 AM |#498  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodochax

Not sure what happened, everything was good for the day couple minutes ago the nook shut down restarted and now I'm stuck on the cyogenmod screen it just keeps spinning what do I do?

Edit: Went ahead and used the baseline backup, does anyone know of an app that will do automatic baseline backups?

follow emmc nightlies thread, I reported latest nightly bootloops after restart.
26th August 2013, 01:01 AM |#499  

More
I used to upgrade 10.1 using an sd card and cmrecovery but now with the nightlies it appears you have to upgrade using the tablet over wifi.

is the correct way to upgrade to 10.2 using the tablet then flashing the latest gapps with cmrecovery?
26th August 2013, 02:07 PM |#500  

More
I upgraded to 10.2 and now when I hold down the n button, I don't see a list of recently used programs to kill.

did that get moved elsewhere or just removed?
26th August 2013, 05:11 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysmoke99

I upgraded to 10.2 and now when I hold down the n button, I don't see a list of recently used programs to kill.

did that get moved elsewhere or just removed?

I don't think that this actually kills the processes, it just removes them from your recently used list. But it still should be there in 10.2. If it's not showing up you can try pressing the double box icon next to the home screen icon on your quick launch bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to NookE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NookE Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)