Step by Step Rooting your Z Ultra

Search This thread

timhello

Jul 14, 2010
Portsmouth
I won't be responsible for getting any damages to your phone.

You'll have to connect to a proxy server due to the application requires a Chinese IP

Step 1 : Download and install 360 One-Root - http://down.360safe.com/360Root/360RootSetup.exe

Step 2 : Go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings.Type in 61.144.217.182 in the Address box , then 81 in the port box,at last,tick both of the boxes under proxy server and press ok.

Step 3 : Launch 360 One-Root , Press the green button (一鍵ROOT)

Step 4 : Wait and Enjoy a cup of tea. If the root process fail the first time, DON'T PANIC and repeat Step 3 to 4 Again.

Step 5 : Reboot!!!!! Or you won't be able to update su binary

P.S. Enable USB Debugging
If you have a Security lock , please remove it before trying to root.

Feel free to repost this and Sorry for my Bad English.

Last edited:

newstar

Apr 28, 2009
No need to unlock boot loader for this method? and we lost Bravia Engine?

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk 4

narcolepty

Nov 30, 2008
Just making sure that this root does not touch the bootloader - the bravia/xreality stuff is unaffected, right?

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
Everything is working smooth as butter

After process is complete, restart your phone.
After installation is completed (and phone is restarted) "Root 360" providing own "SuperSU" app (but in Chinese), if you want you can install Chainfire SuperSU from the play store. (I did that to update binary. (binary update was completely success).

(If you installed Chainfire SuperSU app, you can delete from system/app Chinese version of supersu)

People reported that bravia engine working.
(I didn't noticed any difference)

Last edited:

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
Everything is working smooth as butter

After process is complete, restart your phone.
After installation is completed (and phone is restarted) "Root 360" providing own "SuperSU" app (but in Chinese), if you want you can install Chainfire SuperSU from the play store. (I did that to update binary. (binary update was completely success).

(If you installed Chainfire SuperSU app, you can delete from system/app Chinese version of supersu)

People reported that bravia engine working.
(I didn't noticed any difference)

Why does it need to connect to a Chinese server is my question...
Not that I don't trust the OP, but if the process works there, I see no reason why it wouldn't here...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
It's downloading some files. (Latest binarys maybe etc)

That's what I thought... nevertheless we should be able to get those files without a proxy in a couple of days...
Anybody has a more detailed explanation on what or does on the ZU?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Why does it need to connect to a Chinese server is my question...
Not that I don't trust the OP, but if the process works there, I see no reason why it wouldn't here...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Because it grabs your IMEI and other sensitive info, and sells it on the black market. Oh.My.God.

Yes, i'm kidding. I hope

george-in-a-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Reactions: avetny

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Did you remove phone security code and sim pin code?

Inviato dal mio Xperia Z ULTRA usando Tapatalk 4
My phone didn't have phone security code. Anyway I success already using below tools. :)

mgyun vroot - SUCCESS! :D This one no need any proxy set.

The vroot actually is using 360 one also, as it install 360 inside.

Vroot site - http://www.mgyun.com/vroot

9605600608_9753fc2e38_o_d.png

Root required apps running fine.
9602387487_ca3cebab2d_d.jpg
9605622348_4f2cf49a3e_d.jpg
9602386545_9207b04318_d.jpg

Boot Loader is still locked.
9602398141_251772b3a9_d.jpg

Bravia Engine still working.
9605629846_ab67572581_z_d.jpg
9605630488_1f1ea1e206_z_d.jpg

Bravia Off - view using QuickPic | Bravia On - view using Album

Restart, shutdown few times - confirm Root still working. :)

Last edited:

jewelkobayashi

Oct 23, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
Thanks guys. Nice one.

It was so easy yet scary... ALL IN CHINESE, so choosing and clicking buttons to install was a blind hit and miss:p

Anyway, if you keep on failing after multiple attempts, not only should you check that the USB debugging mode in on, and also lock screen is disabled,

YOU SHOULD ALSO DISABLE McAFEE anti-virus app as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I won't be responsible for getting any damages to your phone.

You'll have to connect to a proxy server due to the application requires a Chinese IP

Step 1 : Download and install 360 One-Root - http://down.360safe.com/360Root/360RootSetup.exe

Step 2 : Go into Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings.Type in 61.144.217.182 in the Address box , then 81 in the port box,at last,tick both of the boxes under proxy server and press ok.

Step 3 : Launch 360 One-Root , Press the green button (一鍵ROOT)

Step 4 : Wait and Enjoy a cup of tea. If the root process fail the first time, DON'T PANIC and repeat Step 3 to 4 Again.

Step 5 : Reboot!!!!! Or you won't be able to update su binary

P.S. Enable USB Debugging
    If you have a Security lock , please remove it before trying to root.

Feel free to repost this and Sorry for my Bad English.
    Need help here :crying: So, root completed using vroot tool. R/w access to /system verified.. Then I installed superSU and update binary (normal mode). Chinese superuser allowed the operation, and superSU binary is updated. But when I push superSU into /system (thus overwrites the chinese superuser) and the phone reboot, root access suddenly gone. Everytime I open superSU it requests another binary update, which cannot be completed, because the chinese superuser app from which the superSU gains access to update its binary is already gone :eek:

Redo the rooting process using vroot, then I realised everytime I access superSU app, it requests binary update again and again. Cleanup from superSU and redo the whole thing doesn't help. Suggestions?

mine works fine using vroot tool. what i did is install supersu from play store. update binary from supersu. remove chinese superuser from root explorer. open supersu>settings>convert supersu into system settings. then phone will reboot. voila!
    Just sucessfully rooted my ZUltra using the VRoot tool. Am running 510 fw (Indonesian C6802).

Just wanted to hare my steps:
    1. Connect your phone (don't forget to enable USB Debugging)
    2. Open the Vroot tool, wait until it detects the phone.
    3. Click on the green button on the right bottom corner of the tool (root).
    4. After sucesssfully root using the VRoot (your phone will reboot), install the SuperSU from playstore.
    5. Open the SuperSU app, it will ask to update binary, click ok.
    6. Then open the Vroot tool once again, click the white button (unroot) on the left of the green button, hence removing the chinese superuser app.
    7. After that go to SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperU into /system.
    8. After that reboot the phone, and the SuperSU will still be there, all apps requiring root works perfectly.

Note: if you cannot find the developer options in the settings to enable USB debugging (just like I did the first time :p), go to About Phone and click on the Build Number menu 7 times. That will enable the developer mode.
    Did you remove phone security code and sim pin code?

Inviato dal mio Xperia Z ULTRA usando Tapatalk 4
    My phone didn't have phone security code. Anyway I success already using below tools. :)

mgyun vroot - SUCCESS! :D This one no need any proxy set.

The vroot actually is using 360 one also, as it install 360 inside.

Vroot site - http://www.mgyun.com/vroot

9605600608_9753fc2e38_o_d.png

Root required apps running fine.
    9602387487_ca3cebab2d_d.jpg
    9605622348_4f2cf49a3e_d.jpg
    9602386545_9207b04318_d.jpg

Boot Loader is still locked.
    9602398141_251772b3a9_d.jpg

Bravia Engine still working.
    9605629846_ab67572581_z_d.jpg
    9605630488_1f1ea1e206_z_d.jpg

Bravia Off - view using QuickPic | Bravia On - view using Album

Restart, shutdown few times - confirm Root still working. :)
    Kingo??
    I presume that I can downgrade without root? But do I have to unlock bootlader??

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can downgrade without root, and no, you don't need to unlock the bootloader.