26th August 2013, 08:56 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by voetbalremco

You don't have it?!
We, in the netherlands(our dutch forum), everyone gets a force close on their phone when you receive an SMS; doesn't matter on wich ROM.

Using 1 or 2 sim cards doesn't make a difference. I am using 1 simcard aswell and also having the problem.
You press "OK" and you can read the SMS, but its quite annoying if you text a lot with your friends and get a force close everytime they send a SMS to you.

It even seems it is on other phones that use the mt6589 soc like the Zopo C2 or Jiayu G4 too.

But you don't have it at all?!

That's awkard! Never heard anybody complaining about it in the mediatek section of our italian forum... The standard behaviour I'm getting when I receive an sms when phone is not locked is receiving a statusbar notification, then a pop up of the full message and then I can push on "view" without any fc. If the screen is off, it appears the standard green sms pop up and you can directly open sms app which will show the list of all conversations.
Everything seems fine to me!

26th August 2013, 11:22 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

You don't have it?!
We, in the netherlands(our dutch forum), everyone gets a force close on their phone when you receive an SMS; doesn't matter on wich ROM.

Using 1 or 2 sim cards doesn't make a difference. I am using 1 simcard aswell and also having the problem.
You press "OK" and you can read the SMS, but its quite annoying if you text a lot with your friends and get a force close everytime they send a SMS to you.

It even seems it is on other phones that use the mt6589 soc like the Zopo C2 or Jiayu G4 too.

But you don't have it at all?!

Heh strage error. I do not have it in Poland also. Never seen such an error.
26th August 2013, 11:26 PM |#103  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag gelderland
Thanks Meter: 1,860

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmk2404

Heh strage error. I do not have it in Poland also. Never seen such an error.

Good to have your confirmation you don't have it.
Makes me thing its either a software-related problem inside the dutch translation of the sms app or a huge network bug in the netherlands wich causes this, but that seems unlikely as it is running android 4.2.1, and a lot of dutch people have it, with different providers.

So im diving into the sms app tomorrow, looking if I can fix it.
27th August 2013, 02:01 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Sms bugfix for Netherlands
Quote:

Good to have your confirmation you don't have it.
Makes me thing its either a software-related problem inside the dutch translation of the sms app or a huge network bug in the netherlands wich causes this, but that seems unlikely as it is running android 4.2.1, and a lot of dutch people have it, with different providers.

So im diving into the sms app tomorrow, looking if I can fix it.

Flash this zip, it should solve sms FC for people in Netherlands

Sms_fix_Netherlands.zip - 7.49 MB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sambaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sambaaa Ad-Free
27th August 2013, 09:34 AM |#105  
Flag gelderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambaaa

Flash this zip, it should solve sms FC for people in Netherlands

Sms_fix_Netherlands.zip - 7.49 MB

You are awsome!
Did you make it yourself?!
Where whas the problem??

I assume you don't mind if I share it on our Dutch forom with a HUGE credit to you?
27th August 2013, 10:55 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You are awsome!
Did you make it yourself?!
Where whas the problem??

I assume you don't mind if I share it on our Dutch forom with a HUGE credit to you?

Yeah of course I made it flashable to make it compatible with any rom they want to use.

I tried to put Dutch on my phone and experienced the FC you were talking so I got curious and found out 3-4 syntax mistakes in public.xml for your country (probably SMS app would have FC even in other situations, but I don't remember which fields were incorrect).

Sent from my iOCEAN X7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Sambaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sambaaa Ad-Free
27th August 2013, 11:18 AM |#107  
Flag gelderland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambaaa

Yeah of course I made it flashable to make it compatible with any rom they want to use.

I tried to put Dutch on my phone and experienced the FC you were talking so I got curious and found out 3-4 syntax mistakes in public.xml for your country (probably SMS app would have FC even in other situations, but I don't remember which fields were incorrect).

oh well.
atleast it is fixed now, and I don't need to look into it anymore.
I shared it on our forum, explaining that we talked about development for the iOcean and I asked if you also had the FC problem, wich you replied you didn't have it, and thus you began searching for a fix, and found it!

its even confirmed to fix the problem on a Jiayu G3S!
as the firmware is almost the same for every mt6589 phone, this is a really helpfull fix for us, the dutch people that import chinese smartphones

especially for you, in your language:
(because you investigated the problem in the Dutch language)

grazie mille a nome mio e degli olandesi mt6589 utenti
Ps: used google translate, my italian isn't that good
27th August 2013, 11:38 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

its even confirmed to fix the problem on a Jiayu G3S!
as the firmware is almost the same for every mt6589 phone, this is a really helpfull fix for us, the dutch people that import chinese smartphones

especially for you, in your language:
(because you investigated the problem in the Dutch language)

grazie mille a nome mio e degli olandesi mt6589 utenti
Ps: used google translate, my italian isn't that good

Ahaha your google transated italian is perfect though!

Yeah I guess that should fix dutch SMS FC for any mt6589 device with this issue.

PS at least I learned a bit of Dutch!

27th August 2013, 02:19 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Not work USB FLASH DISC via OTG ?
Not for me. I use 3 usbflash, but no work. With previous rom no problem. What I do wrong ?
27th August 2013, 03:23 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baja.ja

Not work USB FLASH DISC via OTG ?
Not for me. I use 3 usbflash, but no work. With previous rom no problem. What I do wrong ?

What kind of error do you get? I just tested it with a USB pen drive on my Youth and it worked. Does it show any statusbar notification when you connect your USB devices?

Is the folder /mnt/usbotg/ empty when you connect your drive?

27th August 2013, 11:43 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Now it working, sorry, bad OTG reduction. Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
iocean x7, iocean x7 rom, port, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)