By josteink, Senior Member on 3rd June 2013, 07:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd August 2013, 10:55 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

No longer untested.

I've flashed it and it loads fine. Confirmed 2.6.0.0 and confirmed not bricking your device

Thanks. Any changelog for 2.6.0.0?

23rd August 2013, 11:03 AM |#122  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 1,448

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyngkt

Thanks. Any changelog for 2.6.0.0?

Good catch. Updated changelog on first page
The Following User Says Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
23rd August 2013, 06:37 PM |#123  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS
Thanks Meter: 1,770

Donate to Me
More
Just flashed a ROM with 2.6.0.0 and all seems good. Thanks for getting this out. Any chance you'd PM me what procedure and sources you use to build this? I'd be interested in seeing if I can get to work on my PC build setup. Thanks.
23rd August 2013, 07:14 PM |#124  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyk

Just flashed a ROM with 2.6.0.0 and all seems good. Thanks for getting this out. Any chance you'd PM me what procedure and sources you use to build this? I'd be interested in seeing if I can get to work on my PC build setup. Thanks.

See third post on first page.

Adjust -j8 to -j4 if you get complaints about kernel missing config or nonsense like that. If that doesn't help, try letting a regular "brunch tf101" fail first.

This will give you a raw recovery-partition image, flashable by nvflash.

Note: You will need a Orcale JVM6 as your default JVM to build this, as you are building on a ICS base, and ICS-builds not supporting JVM7.

Assuming you have the right webupd8 repo's in place in apt.d, this should do it:

Quote:

sudo apt-get install oracle-java6-installer oracle-java6-set-default

The recovery-image needs to be packed into a "blob" using blobpack. Get it here:
https://github.com/AndroidRoot/BlobTools

This blob can then be put in as twrp.blob in the CWM/TWRP flashable ZIPs, and is typically applied by dd'ing it onto /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 (staging partition). This is what the CWM/TWRP flashable ZIPs do. They take the blob and DD it into staging. Thats all.

For a "TF101G" build, as far as I've understood, all you need to do is unpack the recovery partition-image (which is just a kernel + ramdisk), and edit the values in default.prop from "tf101" to "tf101g".

Use abootimg to seperate kernel from initrd:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...bootimg.1.html
http://gitorious.org/ac100/abootimg

Once you have the initrd available, unpack it:

Quote:

mkdir sos
cd sos
lzma -dc <../initrd.img | cpio -i

Make the alterations you'd like, and repack it:

Quote:

find ./ | cpio -H newc -o > ../initrd-tf101g.img.raw
cd ..
cat initrd-tf101g.img.raw | lzma -z >initrd-tf101g.img.lzma

This updated and LZMA-compressed initrd can then be added to a new kernel/recovery-image, using the same tool as you used to unpack it: abootimg.

You'll probably need to meedle with bootimg.cfg and increase the bootsize until "abootimg" stops complaining about size.

NOW that you have a new raw recovery-partition image, this can be packed into a new TF101G blob using blobtools the same way you did for the TF101.

That should roughly be it and cover all the tools needed. As far as I can remember. If not, I'm sure Google and some trial and error will be able to fill in the blanks.

More information about meddling with kernel-images (and thus recovery images) can be found here, and also by googling the internets:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Ubuntu_Kernels

Give it a go. Give it some time. Worst case scenario: You learn a lot of Linux, besides the Android modding involved
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
23rd August 2013, 08:48 PM |#125  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. That was quick. I'm building on Arch Linux and have the latest Oracle jdk6 and jre6 installed. I'll give this a go for some practice and maybe be ready to help out when the next twrp update comes along.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sidneyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sidneyk Ad-Free
26th August 2013, 12:45 AM |#126  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Are there any decent themes out there for this recovery?
26th August 2013, 08:28 AM |#127  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 259

More
working perfectly and faster than 2.5

Thanks a lot!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alberteske For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alberteske Ad-Free
27th August 2013, 10:38 AM |#129  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
I guess you can tell from my sig now: Finally got the Nexus 7.

I'll be leaving and wont be maintaining this TWRP anymore.That said: if anybody wants to give it a try, feel free to PM and I can attempt to assist as much as I can.

Thanks for the good run. Cheers!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
27th August 2013, 01:14 PM |#130  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 1,797

More
Thanks for the great efforts!!! Really hope someone will continue with this!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st September 2013, 03:35 PM |#131  
Flag Bonner Springs, KS

Donate to Me
More
OK guys, my build system in Arch Linux somehow got broken and I could no longer build katkiss-4.3 no matter what I tried. Just got done reinstalling an Ubuntu build system on a spare partition and just ran a build of katkiss-4.3 successfully. I will look into getting twrp build setup together and give a shot at building it when I get some time. Many thanks to josteink for all his efforts and information provided.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidneyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sidneyk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, tf101, twrp, twrp 2.5.0.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)