[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

fredphoesh

Jan 15, 2009
thanks for that!
just a little tweak to your wording to make it more clear, it confused me...

Unlock the SPB Menu so you can add and remove links as you wish.
Navigate to: HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Menu>Root
In there you will find folders that correspond to the menu items in the SPB Menu. E.G: Internet
You need to go into the folder and add a DWORD value called "Add" with the value of "1".
Once this is done, go to SPB Menu and then click on the menu catagory you want to edit. Click the options button (bottom right) and you will now see 3 new buttons.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Released: VGA/WVGA version of ProPlus Elegance (go *HERE* for information and download link) :)

ProPlusEleganceScreenShot1-1.jpg

Please give your feedback. If anyone can help me with the Lifestyle layout registry entries for landcape in WQVGA, VGA and WVGA I would be grateful.

Enjoy, Mark.

Vegeta

Apr 20, 2008
Montreal
unzipping a DAT file?

thanks for the post, but how do you unzip a dat file?

1. download MenuBarNull.txt
2. Rename MenuBarNull.txt to MenuBarNull.xml
3. unzip qa_layouts.dat into a folder
4. Copy MenuBarNull.xml into the same folder
5. change LockScreen.xml and LockScreen2.xml in the folder:
replace the line (at the beginning of the file)
<Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBar"/>
by <Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBarNull"/>
6. zip the folder to qa_layouts.dat
7. copy qa_layouts.dat to your mobile shell program directory and soft reset.

Vegeta

Apr 20, 2008
Montreal
1. download MenuBarNull.txt
2. Rename MenuBarNull.txt to MenuBarNull.xml
3. unzip qa_layouts.dat into a folder
4. Copy MenuBarNull.xml into the same folder
5. change LockScreen.xml and LockScreen2.xml in the folder:
replace the line (at the beginning of the file)
<Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBar"/>
by <Layer Name="Menu" Dialog="MenuBarNull"/>
6. zip the folder to qa_layouts.dat
7. copy qa_layouts.dat to your mobile shell program directory and soft reset.

i changed to .zip, but it asks for the psw to unzip or make medofication to the files. anyknow knows the psw of qa_layouts.dat ?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
thanks for the post, but how do you unzip a dat file?
either rename it to .zip and then open it using winzip or you can just associate .dat files with winzip and then open them by double clicking on them the same as you would a zip file. Always remember to use the password: b0fm18zq when zipping or unzipping or it wont work.

zyrocco

Jan 8, 2008
either rename it to .zip and then open it using winzip or you can just associate .dat files with winzip and then open them by double clicking on them the same as you would a zip file. Always remember to use the password: b0fm18zq when zipping or unzipping or it wont work.

Or use ShellExtension.exe...... ;-)

aypee3

Jan 31, 2009
can we scroll lifestyle pages continuosly with "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" ?

I know what you mean lol. The Pro Plus Elegance Theme that I posted on here earlier scrolls the Lifestyle screens continuously so page 7 goes back to page 1. Also I have put buttons above the MenuBar so every screen is selectable without having to swipe at all.

At the moment its only available for QVGA/WQVGA but I will most likely release it for VGA/QVGA in the next few days. I dont know what resolution your device is but look *HERE* for a preview of what it offers :)

i loved the lifestyle screen after putting the "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" as the bottom menubar disappeared and the screen looked enlarged and widgets looked awesome.
i don't want to put "ProPlus Elegance" as this reduces my screen size again and i can have most of its new features with the old spb menu editor.

Could you please make a .CAB file for "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" so that we could swipe all lifestyle pages in a continuos order without scrolling back to the first again ?
i hope, you understand what i mean to say..
Thanks !!!

:) :) :)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
i loved the lifestyle screen after putting the "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" as the bottom menubar disappeared and the screen looked enlarged and widgets looked awesome.
i don't want to put "ProPlus Elegance" as this reduces my screen size again and i can have most of its new features with the old spb menu editor.

Could you please make a .CAB file for "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" so that we could swipe all lifestyle pages in a continuos order without scrolling back to the first again ?
Thanks !!!

I know what you mean. I will have a look at it but it should be easy enough to do. I was going to bring out an updated version of Ultimate anyway with the new widgets I have made so if its possible I will include that aswell :)

carl99

Nov 12, 2007
Could you add the small version of the digital flip clock as well? If I remember correct its in jgjackson theme. As the poster above I prefer the old ultimate theme but with the new widgets. If I had'nt wrote it before - you did a fantastic job to tweak Mobile Shell!!

aypee3

Jan 31, 2009
thanks a lot !!!

hi mskip, thanks for including my post in your response ...Waiting eagerly for the new updated version of Ultimate.

Topflight1111

May 22, 2008
Will Widgets on WVGA

Will the widgets work on a WVGA display. I have the Sprint Touch Pro 2 and when I select the widget it doesn't display? Thanks for your help.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
This may have been answered in the other 397 pages of this thread, but...

I am having an issue with my Mobile Shell "File Explorer" shortcuts. The "Storage Card" shortcut goes instead to my "Bluetooth Neighbourhood". Any chance there's an easy reg edit to point it instead to my "Storage Card"?
Have you tried reinstalling Mobile Shell?

vashwood

Oct 22, 2008
WidjetInjector

Can someone post widgetinjector here? I tried signing up at the french forum to download it, but when I register I get some type of error and I have no idea what the error is....dont speak french.

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH

Attachments

• WidgetInjector_-_fond.zip
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 40
  • WidgetInjectorCockDigit.zip
    1 MB · Views: 39

Mattster_spv

May 14, 2008
I loved the lifestyle screen after putting the "WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA" as the bottom menubar disappeared and the screen looked enlarged and widgets looked awesome.

Thanks !!!

Agreed! Infact, now that MS3Config can be used to change any background and edit the number of lifestyle pages, I would also suggest an update to the Pro Plus Basic 070809:
1. Strip the bottom Menu Bar of the 3 middle buttons.
2. Add the new continuous slide.
3. Add any new widgets.

The latest Elegance version is beautiful, but for me (and I guess it's all personal preference) I really miss being able to use the space in the bottom bar.

Thanks Mskip,

Mattster.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.