[APP][4.0+] DynamicNotifications (formely "ActiveNotifications")

Search This thread

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
This app seems to be stuck on my phone. I first deactivated it but it still wouldn't let me uninstall, so I tired removing it via Root Explorer but the icon is still in my apps list. Play Store still thinks it's on my phone too. Anyway to remove it?

Cheers ;)

EDIT: Ran a search with Root Explorer and found a few remaining files. Deleted those, rebooted and now back to normal. Seems like a great app, just wasn't for me. Keep up the good work ;)

Last edited:

virus86

Apr 20, 2013
I just upgraded from v1.7 to v1.8 and breathing no longer works. I have the screen time out at 0:15 and then breathe at 0:30. Im using it on a S4 with Android 4.2.2, not rooted. Is anyone else experiencing this?

dano1282

Jan 31, 2012
I'd like to be able to customize the clock...also have it more MotoX like... Also what are the possibiities of implementing the ability to touch the screen and see the notification and have it go right out after you release

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app

Riimez

Jul 29, 2012
Hello everyone,
v 1.8 on my s4 mini & same problem like in previous version:

Sometimes my proximity sensor turn off the screen if i cover it damn :banghead: only with dynamic notification is installed so... :rolleyes:

The problem is that my screen turns offre everywhere, in other apps or just in home screen :banghead:

No one has the same problem??

Yes I have the same problem, when you set it as your lock screen and activate the auto torn on feature, it for whatever reason decides to lock the phone in any situation when something covers the proximity sensor.

Reactions: iMax87
Fantastic!

Great app! Initially i was skeptical about the performance but it is quite stable....not a single crash on my old galaxy s. However it would be nice to reduce the icon size a bit...app icons looks a little jagged on my low res screen :p
But great job none the less :good:

sdzbwxp

Aug 2, 2012
Victoria
wake lockscreen first

when a notification comes, the lock screen with pattern lock appears first for a few seconds before the active notification screen appears. I am running 4.3 on a Gnex.

llewellyn1

Jan 6, 2013
Fantastic app, my only suggestion would be is there a way to have the clock hour and minutes in the same roboto thin font instead of bold and thin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

DynamicNotifications is an elegant, unobtrusive way to show you your latest notifications even when the screen is off. When you miss a call or receive a new email/SMS, the display will discreetly light up to let you know, without needing to unlock the device. Most phones only have a pulsing notification LED that doesn't actually tell you anything about the incoming notification - with DynamicNotifications, you can immediately decide if something is important enough to act: DynamicNotifications (free) on Google Play

It uses the new "Notification Listener" service introduced in 4.3 and therefore has minimal impact on your battery. If you own an AMOLED-phone, the "battery saving" feature should work automatically, since black pixels are simply not turned on. The app comes with a number of additional features, such as not turning on when the device is inside your pocket, purse, or lying face down. I've recently added compatibility for 4.0+ devices via the "Accessibility service". How well this works may vary from device to device, the best experience/performance will be on Android 4.3.

Thanks!
    Nick

Update (v1.2): I've released a beta-version (v1.2beta) through this Google+ Community (and have attached the same .apk to this post). Please let me know if you're running into any issues while using the beta, I will make it available as a public update soon. [Changelog]

Update (v1.3beta): Version 1.3beta is now live in the Google+ Community (and attached here). It implements multiple notifications (displayed as small icons below the "main" notification). Please let me know if something doesn't work.

Update (v1.3): I have just pushed version 1.3 to the Play Store (and attached it here), so everyone (not only beta-participants) should receive it soon. If you run into any issues, please email supp.. @greatbytes.org

Update (v1.4alpha): I've just release the very first alpha version of DynamicNotifications that is compatible with Android versions >4.1.2. There are still many bugs to fix, so please don't be disappointed if it doesn't work on your device straight away. Please join this Google+ Community and opt-in to receive the alpha version via this link afterwards. It may take a few hours for the update to be visible in Google Play. You don't need to update if you're on Android 4.3, the only change in this version is 4.1.2+ compatibility. I'm going to bed now, it's 3am over here and I've been working nonstop on this app for the past 3 days, so please be kind if the alpha version doesn't work straight away :)! Thanks!

Update (v1.4alpha6): I've updated the 4.1.2+ compatible version again, it's been pushed to the Play Store and is attached here. The changes:
    - Custom brightness feature implemented
    - If a custom timeout is set and you hold down the middle icon, the timeout is temporarily paused (until you let go of the middle icon again)
    - Forces "portrait" orientation of the notification screen by popular demand
    - Implemented JB-clock for devices running >=4.2
    - Added explanation to the "Custom timeout mode" (currently doesn't work correctly if you've got your system lock set to "None" or "Slide" and requires Device Administrator rights to be able to shut off the screen)

Update (v1.4): I've further improved version 1.4 and have pushed it to the production-channel on Google Play (and it's attached here).
    The changes are:
    v1.4:
    - Fixed JB-clock cut-off issue
    - The *newest* notification will now always be displayed in the circle (and older notifications will move to the bottom icon row)

Update (v1.5alpha2): Attached is v1.5alpha2. *The only change* in 1.5alpha2 compared to 1.4 is that it adds experimental compatibility with Android 4.0+. So if you've got a 4.1.2+ device, you don't need to update to 1.5alpha2, but if you're running 4.0/4.1 it would be awesome if you could let me know here (or via email) if the alpha works for you. As I said, it's extremely experimental as I don't have a 4.0 device for testing, but it should work :)! Thanks!

Update (v1.5stable): Changelog:
    - Fixes SMS notifications on the Galaxy S2/S3/S4 + HTC One
    - Now shows the notifications screen again if a second/third/etc. notification arrives (I'm still working on the "breathing" feature!)
    - Clock cut-off issue should be fixed
    - Main notification icon is now displayed in double the size (white ring coming soon!)
    - "Screen shuts off after custom timeout passed, even if I swiped up" should be fixed
    - Persistent/ongoing notifications are now blocked by default for pre-4.3 devices, too

Update (v1.6beta): Changelog:
    - Revamped the "Custom screen timeout"-feature - it should now work even if you've got your system lockscreen set to "None"/"Slide" and also should play nice with the "Use as lockscreen"-feature. Please let me know if it works better than before - if it doesn't, I can easily switch back to the "old" custom timeout-implementation
    - (Short) breathing animation once the notification screen starts up
    - Dismissing a notification by swiping left or right should now turn off the screen for everyone, even if you're using "None" or "Slide" as your system lockscreen.
    - New high-quality icons for popular notification types (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, WhatsApp)
    - New ActionBar-menu-options for the Settings-screen (e.g. view FAQs, email me (with a log-file attached), uninstall the app (the app needs to be deactivated from the "Device Administrator" system settings menu before it can be uninstalled, which is why I included a "one-step-uninstall"-feature in the menu))
    - Breathing feature (turns screen on and off at pre-defined intervals until you acknowledge the new notification)
    - "Use as a lockscreen"-feature (Shows the notification screen every time you unlock your device, even if there are no new notifications)
    - Some minor bugfixes (e.g. screen no longer stays on indefinitely if you've got the "custom brightness" feature enabled)
    - Rebranding ("DynamicNotifications")

Update (v1.7): Changelog:
    - Fixed the "night mode"-feature (wasn't working for some users)
    - Improved stability of the custom timeout-feature (it should now work regardless of which other options (such as the Lockscreen-mode or the Auto-wake feature) you've enabled)
    - "Double" notifications should now be fixed, please let me know if you're still receiving them
    - The app should now work side-by-side with other apps that use the Accessibility-service on pre-4.3 devices, such as "Missed It!"

Update (v1.8beta): Changelog:
    - "Auto-dismiss": If you remove a new notification via another device (e.g. read a new Gmail-message in your browser), the DynamicNotifications-screen will automatically close (4.3-only)
    - "Multiple notifications"-option for pre-4.3 devices (shows the 3 latest notifications below the main icon. Since the Android system doesn't tell apps when notifications are dismissed on <4.3, it will *always* show the latest 3 notifications, even if you've already dismissed them from the status bar)
    - Fixed a bug where the screen would turn off after swiping up
    - Fixed crashes due to bad proximity sensor readings on some devices

Update (v1.9): Changelog:
    - Appearance customization options (change background/foreground color, use custom background image, show date, change notification icon border style) [requires "WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"-permission to save the custom background image]
    - Fixed a bug where the notification screen would be displayed even when the screen was on (requires "GET_TASKS"-permission)
    - Customizable swipe-actions (open notification, unlock, launch camera, launch custom app, switch screen off, screen off + dismiss notification [Android 4.3-only], screen off + dismiss all notifications [Android 4.3-only])

Update (v2.0): Changelog:
    - Ability to show DashClock extensions on the notifications screen [4.2+ only]
    - Ability to deal with multiple notifications - "flick" any notification from the bottom row towards the center to make it the current "main" notification
    - Increased the consistency of the breathing-feature
    - Option to "lock" the notifications screen orientation to either portrait or landscape
    - Double-tap anywhere on the notifications screen to turn the screen off/dismiss notification/dismiss all (deactivated by default, can be configured by double-tapping anywhere on the "Edit swipe actions"-screen)
    - Preview for text messages should now work (for the stock Android messaging app)
    - Homescreen shortcuts to toggle notifications and lockscreen-mode on/off (can be used by "Locale" to remotely activate/deactivate the notifications)
    - "Holo"-blue as the new default foreground color
    - Many app translations thanks to: Polish: Pan Szym, PiterDemon; Slovak: ja_som; Spanish: Rubén Navarro, Miguel Cruz, Cedric, Daniel Domínguez; Russian: Mavryck, Gidroparik, Виктор; German: user_99; Chinese (simplified): Peng Jone, iKira, zwei; Persian: Amirhossein

Update (v2.1): Changelog:
    - Contact pictures for SMS, Gmail, etc.
    - Music controls (displays track title/artist and album art in the "details" view at the top [4.3+ only])
    - Small number-badge indicating the number of missed events
    - "Breathe out"-animation
    - Revamped "Advanced appearance options"-screen (live preview of all changes)
    - Ability to block the "Home"-button
    - New translations (Italian, Greek, Hungarian, Portuguese, Czech, and Dutch; Thanks, Steven, Greg, Gábor, PMoto, Edbertin, Michal, Pavel and René!)

Update (v2.2): Changelog:
    - Minor bugfixes

Update (v2.3): Changelog:
    - Ability to customize the location of the clock
    - Optional lockscreen security (Pattern or PIN lock) integrated within the app's lockscreen
    - Ability to customize the size of the main notification icon
    - Improved the "breathe out" animation
    - [Android 4.4] The softkeys (back, home, recents) are now hidden by default using the new "immersive mode"
    - Added a "Dismiss (only)" swipe action option (i.e. don't turn off screen)
    - New Korean and Japanese translations (Thanks, MJ and Ikuo Kamei!)

Update (v2.4): Changelog:
    - "Syncing" of notifications across devices (if you dismiss a notification on your PC, it is also dismissed from DynamicNotifications) [Android 4.3+ only]
    - Ability to show the statusbar on the lockscreen
    - Added a "stealth mode" for the pattern lockscreen
    - Ability to show second "Unlock"-swipe action instead of empty "Open Notification"-action when no new notifications are present
    - Ability to directly show the secure lock if no notifications are present on the lockscreen

Update (v2.5beta4): Changelog:
    - Daydream-feature (with separate breathing/timeout settings)
    - New KitKat-style look for the main settings menu
    Dear Developer,

Do you really think it's a good idea to clutter your app full of useless and crappy stuff instead care about the basic features? You miss the point with your app... It is a replica of the MotoX Lockscreen. This lockscreen has just two ideas: simplicity and functionality.

Very sad that you choose this way... I'm out.
    Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Those extra features are optional though. They can be turned off. Options aren't a bad thing. Besides, it is his app so he can add or remove what he feels. And what he added is something that will be useful for others and for some it may not be. I like the added options and I'm using them right now (latest beta)

sent from my Nexus 7
    Working perfectly after figuring it out but I would only love to make it more like the moto x like the animation and stuff otherwise it's an awesome idea that works so thanls

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 4

I'm working on the "breathing" effect right now :)! Thanks for your feedback!
    new update via G+ by @niko001

[PLEASE DO NOTE IT TAKES AWHILE FOR GOOGLE TO TELL US THERES A UPDATE]

• Hi, I've just uploaded a new beta (v1.3beta) to the Play store. Just as a reminder, you'll need to join this group and then opt-in to receive beta-updates via the link below.

The update includes a much-requested feature, namely the ability to display all "unread" notifications on the notifications screen as small icons below the "main", newest notification. Please let me know how this works for you!

The changelog for the new beta is:
      v1.3:
      - Added an "overflow" section at the bottom of the notification screen that shows up to 3 "older" notifications
      - All "persistent"/ongoing notifications are now blocked by default. Let me know if you need this as a configurable option
      - Option to send yourself a test notification through the setting's ActionBar-Menu to see how the notifications screen looks
      - The app now automatically detects if you've enabled/disabled it in the "Notification Access"-system settings
    Could you make this app into an actual lock screen replacement? Just curious :)

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for your feedback! I'm thinking about adding this an an optional feature and will let you know how it turns out :)!