[APP] Light Manager Compatibility

Search This thread

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
It works, but inconsistently. Sometimes when there is a message or I reboot the device the damn stock blue light comes back. But what bothers me more is that the brightness settings in your app doesn't work anymore, properly. I mean I always used your app on my Note 2 with the LED brightness set as high. It was always bright regardless of the ambient light intensity, another stupid thing Samsung does! When I select the same setting on S4, it works 2 out of 10 times, which is annoying. Hope you will fix it sometimes.
Isn't there any way you can detach all the connections with the system LED settings? I mean you know if I turn off the system LED settings then your app doesn't work.

Update: Okay so for testing I flashed a custom kernel, and in STweaks I turned up the LED intensity in low light environment to 120 and it stays. If that's any help to you.

Last edited:

elbildozer

Dec 7, 2012
I am the developer of Light Manager. It is an app to configure notification LED color and its flashing frequency for different notification types. Quite a number of people reported that it is not working properly on Samsung Galaxy S 4, however at the same time there are people reported it is working perfectly. I am confused since currently I do not have a device to test.

So I created this thread to gather more comments about Light Manager on Samsung Galaxy S4. If things go serious, I would consider getting a S4 device for testing. I would like to make it compatible with S4.

For more information, you may go to the original thread at Samsung Galaxy S IIII section at:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735331

Nice And Great Thread ...Thanks mate :good:

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
By the way, how the constant LED behaves now? Totally not working? Blinking?
Any kernel which now has my LED controls on the 9500 will behave the same as on the S3 and Note 2 (And probably also 9505). I exposed the hardware driver to allow a blinkrate of 0. I tested things with your original app to have userspace behave as it should. You can use /sys/class/sec/led/led_fade as a flag to detect the controls, reverting whatever changes you did should fix things.

Reactions: cgvelmax

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Sure, the Rom is that http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2306650

I found another annoying problem, without no nothification the led lights white, alone, without no reason, for this problem i cant use your app :(
i hope you fix this two problem..
thanks

Please see FAQ #20 for the problem about SMS.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t26evGufoC4Fha1Vjyho1cgBKHY6MLJGBPHcsGKZVLc/edit
About the 2nd problem, is there any notification you set to white color in Light Manager?

Reactions: tanoxxx

mckoo

May 3, 2011
It works, but inconsistently. Sometimes when there is a message or I reboot the device the damn stock blue light comes back. But what bothers me more is that the brightness settings in your app doesn't work anymore, properly. I mean I always used your app on my Note 2 with the LED brightness set as high. It was always bright regardless of the ambient light intensity, another stupid thing Samsung does! When I select the same setting on S4, it works 2 out of 10 times, which is annoying. Hope you will fix it sometimes.
Isn't there any way you can detach all the connections with the system LED settings? I mean you know if I turn off the system LED settings then your app doesn't work.

Update: Okay so for testing I flashed a custom kernel, and in STweaks I turned up the LED intensity in low light environment to 120 and it stays. If that's any help to you.

Sorry that I am not going to override system LED settings since it requires root to tweak. Tweaking is different for different device as well.

tanoxxx

Feb 10, 2010
Florence
Good, i will try it :good:

About the 2nd problem, is there any notification you set to white color in Light Manager?
No, i didnt set to white any notification, also i havent any notification when the led start to light white.. is strange, it light alone without any possible reason :confused:
i hope we can found the way to fix it, i wanna use your great app...

Thanks for your support

mckoo

May 3, 2011
Any kernel which now has my LED controls on the 9500 will behave the same as on the S3 and Note 2 (And probably also 9505). I exposed the hardware driver to allow a blinkrate of 0. I tested things with your original app to have userspace behave as it should. You can use /sys/class/sec/led/led_fade as a flag to detect the controls, reverting whatever changes you did should fix things.

The guy is talking about Adam kernel. You mean your kernel is having the same problem with Light Manager since you allowed blinkrate of 0? But stock kernel is still not allowing blinkrate of 0, right? That's the reason why I couldn't revert the changes.

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011
The guy is talking about Adam kernel. You mean your kernel is having the same problem with Light Manager since you allowed blinkrate of 0? But stock kernel is still not allowing blinkrate of 0, right? That's the reason why I couldn't revert the changes.
Adam uses my controls. What I'm saying is to avoid your 9500-specific hack if you detect a custom kernel with these controls which fixed the 0 blinkrate in the drivers.

jas0nuk

Apr 6, 2009
Slightly unrelated post, but a strange message appears when a withheld number causes a missed call notification. Bug?

Sent from my GT-I9505

jas0nuk

Apr 6, 2009
Not everyone, since it's generally considered to void warranty:)

Sent from my GT-I9505

mckoo

May 3, 2011
I don't know, but what's the reason of avoiding root! Isn't everyone rooted nowadays? As I said on Note 2, the LED brightness worked fine, on S4 it isn't working.

Not everyone is rooted. From the beginning until now, I am always trying to avoid root. Trying to make Light Manager standardized to all devices is my main objective as well.
FYI, Light Manager brightness setting is just a workaround method. There is no brightness adjustment without using root.

Last edited:
Reactions: schizovivek

schizovivek

Aug 11, 2011
Mumbai
Not everyone is rooted. From the beginning until now, I am always trying to avoid root. Trying to make Light Manager standardized to all devices is my main objective as well.
FYI, Light Manager brightness setting is just a workaround method. There is no brightness adjustment without using root.

so maybe a separate version for root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am the developer of Light Manager. It is an app to configure notification LED color and its flashing frequency for different notification types. Quite a number of people reported that it is not working properly on Samsung Galaxy S 4, however at the same time there are people reported it is working perfectly. I am confused since currently I do not have a device to test.

So I created this thread to gather more comments about Light Manager on Samsung Galaxy S4. If things go serious, I would consider getting a S4 device for testing. I would like to make it compatible with S4.

For more information, you may go to the original thread at Samsung Galaxy S IIII section at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735331
    I have solved the problem of constant LED light not working on i9500 in the latest version v4.4. Please try and let me know if it is not working. Thanks to cgvelmax & Manu who helped me to test and troubleshoot the issue.:good:
    Using it only for SMS, calls and battery states and works fine. Only sometimes when I plug the charger, "stock" LED indication appears instead of Light manager indication...Very randomly. Im on stock MDM firmware with kernel 3.4.0-526204 if it helps.

The best way is to turn off "stock" LED indicator for battery in your phone settings.
    No error, only the message which indicate the force close.

On the next release, I will fix something and hopefully I can fix your force close problem.
    By the way, how the constant LED behaves now? Totally not working? Blinking?