FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLVED] Mediatek quad core gps tracking bug solved: very easy.

234 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By elsita, Senior Member on 4th September 2013, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
One user in endomondo forums (sorry but the link does not work when I put it) has posted a solution for this annoying problem affecting to all mobiles using mediatek 6589 or 6589T processor.

You only need to add a line to the build.prop file located in system directory, so you need to be root, framaroot works fine with this processor.

The line alters the behavior of the JIT compiler, surpassing the bug, and all tracking and sports applications like mytracks, endomondo and every other one, now report accurate data in distance and speed.

The line you have to add is this:

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

I added it at the end of my buld.prop (caesar h7500+ with last zopo stock rom) after another line starting with dalvik. too, using es file explorer editor, no need to change file permissions with this software, but you need to be able to write system. This is how the end of my build.prop is now:

ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

# begin adupsfota properties
ro.adups.fota.oem=Vanzo
ro.adups.fota.device=ZP800H
ro.adups.fota.version=ZP800H 20130604-192031

Other users have used build prop editor from the play store with success.

This solution has been extensively tried and tested in spanish forums htcmania and movilesdualsim (this post and folowing), and it works in every phone.

Some custom roms, have a different build.prop file and users have reported as failure, so if you are using a custom rom and the problem is not solved, I advice you flash a stock rom and try afterwards.

Some users report also higher antutu values after the patch, so it seems that the changing in jit compiler working mode does not compromise phone efficiency.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to elsita For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elsita Ad-Free

4th September 2013, 11:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I will try decompile the app and add android:vmSafeMode = true under Application tag.
5th September 2013, 07:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiechin

I will try decompile the app and add android:vmSafeMode = true under Application tag.

After decompiled the app and did the modificaton I said. The distance or speed measuring are back to normal state, but the flip map layer wont display anything.

So a modified app signed by myself will solve the mtk6589 issue but also bring new problems.

Mtk6589 or CM10.1 users can test the modified version (enable vmSafeMode)
TEST_MTK6589_Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro v9.0.2.apk (11.3 MB)
https://
mega.co.nz/#!MNJU3QoB!Z63HBVAH-c4JgsY0oBIKoCXMtopzsFaUWhGu66jU9GM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackiechin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackiechin Ad-Free
8th September 2013, 09:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Made the changes on my Acer Liquid E2 Duo (mtk 6589) and i now can use Endomondo again.
Thanks for the tip.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T met Tapatalk 4
10th September 2013, 09:17 AM |#5  
Flag Long Beach, California
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Did this one my THL W9 Mediatek 6589T, thanks bro!
12th September 2013, 12:16 PM |#6  
Flag Como Lake
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsita

One user in endomondo forums (sorry but the link does not work when I put it) has posted a solution for this annoying problem affecting to all mobiles using mediatek 6589 or 6589T processor.

You only need to add a line to the build.prop file located in system directory, so you need to be root, framaroot works fine with this processor.

The line alters the behavior of the JIT compiler, surpassing the bug, and all tracking and sports applications like mytracks, endomondo and every other one, now report accurate data in distance and speed.

I added it at the end of my buld.prop (caesar h7500+ with last zopo stock rom) after another line starting with dalvik. too, using es file explorer editor, no need to change file permissions with this software, but you need to be able to write system. This is how the end of my build.prop is now:

net.bt.name=Android

ro.adups.fota.oem=Vanzo

This solution has been extensively tried and tested in spanish forums htcmania and movilesdualsim (this post and folowing), and it works in every phone.

Some custom roms, have a different build.prop file and users have reported as failure, so if you are using a custom rom and the problem is not solved, I advice you flash a stock rom and try afterwards.

Some users report also higher antutu values after the patch, so it seems that the changing in jit compiler working mode does not compromise phone efficiency.

HY

can you write a step-by-step guide for newbies?

Thank you so much
The Following User Says Thank You to luca_vivi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luca_vivi Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 03:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
what about Google Maps navigation? works?
22nd September 2013, 07:36 PM |#8  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiechin

After decompiled the app and did the modificaton I said. The distance or speed measuring are back to normal state, but the flip map layer wont display anything.

So a modified app signed by myself will solve the mtk6589 issue but also bring new problems.

Mtk6589 or CM10.1 users can test the modified version (enable vmSafeMode)
TEST_MTK6589_Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro v9.0.2.apk (11.3 MB)
https://
mega.co.nz/#!MNJU3QoB!Z63HBVAH-c4JgsY0oBIKoCXMtopzsFaUWhGu66jU9GM

Works perfectly, thank you bro!
11th October 2013, 04:21 AM |#9  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks work fine with my symphony w125...accept for the problem u have mentioned..
18th October 2013, 05:25 PM |#10  
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsita

net.bt.name=Android

ro.adups.fota.oem=Vanzo

Wowww, you're an !!!

Since I'm using my Zopo ZP980 smartphone with Android 4.2.1 I couldn't use my favourite running app (Endomondo) but after reading and follow your instructions it's working perfectly.

For luca_vivi below my step-by-step:

1) Root your device (Google search)
2) Download BuildProp Editor in from the Google Play Store
3) Start BuildProp Editor
4) Click on the pencil icon right bottom
5) Search the line dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt en typ onder deze regel dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

If above done you'll have something like:

---
net.bt.name=Android

ro.adups.fota.oem=Vanzo
---

6) Click on the save icon left top
7) Restart your device and now it should work
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ties(to) For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ties(to) Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 11:38 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Still need some help, please :)
I did the fix above (dalvik .... int:fast) on my doogee DG100 (MTK6572) which could not attain any lock before.
under GPSTest it now locks even indoors close to the window.

But when ever I move to any other application (google maps, waze, ...) it looses lock and hence the GPS is still useless .

Any ideas ??

thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
endomondo runtastic mytracks tracking error

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)