Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2013, 07:23 AM |#51  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

Wish udev wasn't using 100% cpu power... hmmmm This I know why...

Bandaid that fixes that.

ctreated killudev1.conf that kills pid 125 starts on mount
udevmonitor told it not to die (because udevtrigger will with killudev2.conf
created killudev2.conf should pkill systemd-udevd
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free

5th September 2013, 06:00 PM |#52  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Well.. that was not very.. reliable...

So.. new bandaids... udevadm settle causes problems with lvm.. I wonder if udev has been compiled to support lvm...

Anyways... Give it a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
5th September 2013, 09:57 PM |#53  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Sweet... I told powerd.conf to start with ubuntu-touch-session instead of dbus and systemd...

Seems to be GREAT now. Going to reboot 5 more times.. then reinstall.. reboot some more.. then reupload.

Well.. there is now a way to get app-armor to be disabled.. but they don't say exactly how.. I may mess with that tonight before reuploading..
6th September 2013, 01:11 PM |#54  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Rom updated.. Seems more reliable.. CPU has plenty of power now, graphics are therefore faster, sound does not ever cut out? Touchscreen seems to work 100%... I added the camera to be mirrored parameter from darregrays older camera source, so the camera is now oriented and mirrored correctly... I also added a udev rule in the ramdisk and data partition for LVM2 which basically tells udev to ignore an lvm partition. udevadm settle now runs without hanging..

The extra udev rules for lvm2 gets rid of PID 125 taking up a lot of cpu usage.

udevtrigger seems to really need to run udevadm settle, so we let it, but then we restart udev when the ubuntu-touch-session is starting.. which for whatever reason... makes the 100% udev processes go away...

Would be wise to have apt-get install lvm2 installed..

I want apparmor to be disabled next, then update the data image to be from something newer when an image passes a good report.. and then.. try to find out why it takes so long to boot each time.. probably an ubuntuappmanager bug?

Added more cgroup stuff in the kernel config.. enabled cpusets
6th September 2013, 01:59 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 619

Donate to Me
More
Have you been able to keep installed suggested apps? I can on my Nexus 7 but they don't persist after the reboot on here. Maybe just me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
6th September 2013, 04:03 PM |#56  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmvxer

Have you been able to keep installed suggested apps? I can on my Nexus 7 but they don't persist after the reboot on here. Maybe just me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Haven't really messed with clickapps.. click did get an update.. I want to keep apparmor disabled for all click apps, then update the data image to be newer from 08292013... then see what happens.
6th September 2013, 05:22 PM |#57  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Come to think of it.. click did seem better on an older image.. like 3 days before 08292013.. Sidestage didn't work as well though... Before they changed alsa and pulse up.
6th September 2013, 05:55 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Yes, it's much faster after the last update. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ergo911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ergo911 Ad-Free
7th September 2013, 10:39 AM |#59  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshafer817

Come to think of it.. click did seem better on an older image.. like 3 days before 08292013.. Sidestage didn't work as well though... Before they changed alsa and pulse up.

Yep.. I knew something was wrong when my speedtest with the browser and speedof.me was at 3mb down...

Now it is 30!
8th September 2013, 03:38 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
@jshafer817 hi, I don't see any link in the OP, the build is still being uploaded? Sorry if I miss something . I am eager to see Ubuntu Touch on my TP . Thanks for your work
The Following User Says Thank You to quantan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quantan Ad-Free
8th September 2013, 06:18 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 619

Donate to Me
More
Set this script into init.d so it runs at startup

Code:
cd /usr/share/applications/
sed -i 's/X-Ubuntu-StageHint=SideStage/Comment=Mod:SideStage Removed for HP Touchpad/g' *.*
This will prevent side stage from coming back on app updates.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)