Yet another $20 qi charger (was $18, now $23)

Search This thread

burnski

Mar 9, 2013
I just ordered one. Will the phone still charge if I switch it off?

And what am I meant to use as the power supply, the charger that comes with the N4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yep phone has to be on. Screen off/sleep is fine but if it's completely powered down it won't work. Also if your battery is completely dead it won't work.

For the power adapter, this picture from the auction seems to imply you need a 1.5A

$(KGrHqYOKo0FICOHKvS!BSIBK-BnhQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: olyloh6696

thesoupthief

Dec 13, 2012
Dublin
I have the Metrans 3 puck charger. It charges my nexus 4 just fine when the phone's powered down fully (ie, turned off). Charges rather faster when switched off than when left on, actually, presumably because there's not power usage in running the device. Similarly no problem charging if the battery's fully depleted.

Sent from my Oric-1 micro

gnik luap

Dec 5, 2012
I have the Metrans 3 puck charger. It charges my nexus 4 just fine when the phone's powered down fully (ie, turned off). Charges rather faster when switched off than when left on, actually, presumably because there's not power usage in running the device. Similarly no problem charging if the battery's fully depleted.

My WCP-300 charged my Nexus 4 when it was off,and the same for my S4.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Yep phone has to be on. Screen off/sleep is fine but if it's completely powered down it won't work. Also if your battery is completely dead it won't work.

For the power adapter, this picture from the auction seems to imply you need a 1.5A

The WCP-300 sold by Verizon came with a 1.8 amp power supply, but in the car I use a 1 amp supply & it seems to work fine. When I check with the current widget app it shows the same input to the S4 whether I use the 1 amp supply in the car, the 1.8 that came with the charger, or the 2.1 amp power supplies that came with the S4 & my Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

burnski

Mar 9, 2013

Ironically I've never tried. I have the orb and the wcp300. This is just what I've read in other threads.

uncola

Feb 6, 2009
Mine arrived today and I'm very happy with it. It connects very reliably. when you have it too far off center, there's a special repeat beep to tell you to center it. It takes no time at all to know where you can set it down, seems to be the middle of the phone or slightly lower for a perfect alignment. currentwidget shows it charging at about 590-600mah. I tried it with both the nexus 4 stock ac adapter and also my 4 port ipad charger thing.. that does max 2 amps.. and current widget shows both charging at about 600mah. When I turn the phone fully off and set it on the charger, it starts charging and turning on.. I have cm 10.2 so not sure if that is a factor

burnski

Mar 9, 2013
Mine arrived today and I'm very happy with it. It connects very reliably. when you have it too far off center, there's a special repeat beep to tell you to center it. It takes no time at all to know where you can set it down, seems to be the middle of the phone or slightly lower for a perfect alignment. currentwidget shows it charging at about 590-600mah. I tried it with both the nexus 4 stock ac adapter and also my 4 port ipad charger thing.. that does max 2 amps.. and current widget shows both charging at about 600mah. When I turn the phone fully off and set it on the charger, it starts charging and turning on.. I have cm 10.2 so not sure if that is a factor

Awesome!

I think I will order one of these for the wife. thanks.

EDIT: ordered. Cant believe these are down to $18 with shipping! score.

Last edited:

burnski

Mar 9, 2013
I think I tracked down the manufacturer specs on this incase anyone is interested: http://okeler.manufacturer.globalso...eless-charger/1070382353/Wireless-Charger.htm

Key Specifications/Special Features:
Description:
This new model of our qi wireless charger is designed with portability in mind
You can slip it in your pocket for it’s lightweight and handy
The small and simplicity desgin make sure that it fits in right at home or on your office desk without stealing a lot of real estate nor particularly looking much like a gadget
Unlike other qi chargers which can let your phone hit thrilling 50 to 60°C while charging, this charger has built-in temperature regulation chip and overcharging protection chip which ensure you have a safe and great charging experience
Specifications:
Frequency: 100 to 200KHz
Charging distance: 4 to 10mm
Net weight: 50g
Thickness: 9mm
Diameter: 69mm
Wireless charger:
0.3m micro USB cable
1.5m micro USB cable
User's manual

Last edited:

Illugami

Sep 6, 2013
Finally someone answers lol, guess I'll pick this up of my battery doesn't have any more problems

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

xstarbuckx

Dec 3, 2007
Incase anyone's interested I asked them why no UK post and they said it's because it takes a long time to arrive in the UK and this has meant they've had negative feedback but they said they will put some up next week with UK shipping so keep an eye out

Here's their uk store
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EarlyBirdSavingsUK

Last edited:

thesoupthief

Dec 13, 2012
Dublin
Incase anyone's interested I asked them why no UK post and they said it's because it takes a long time to arrive in the UK and this has meant they've had negative feedback but they said they will put some up next week with UK shipping so keep an eye out

Here's their uk store
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/EarlyBirdSavingsUK

Best hold fire til next week - they're currently GBP18.69 on the UK store, rather than the GBP11 equivalent of the $ price
Reckon I'll get myself another one of these for downstairs - at that price it's rude not to!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found another one while surfing ebay. Appears to be a knock-off of the LG but i dont think its the Metrans one. $21 with shipping. Looks like it comes with a USB cable but not with the power adapter.

EDIT: wow, these keep dropping in price. Now $18: http://www.ebay.com/itm/30096427953...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=300964279534&_rdc=1

EDIT2: I think I tracked down the manufacturer in anyone is interested. They are made by "Okeler". Heres the manufacturers specs: http://okeler.manufacturer.globalso...eless-charger/1070382353/Wireless-Charger.htm

$(KGrHqF,!oEFIIJuvJ0yBSFumovmQg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!ooFILfu8Wr0BSFumgYQJ!~~60_57.JPG

Anyone have one?

I bought one (white + orange) and have been using it over the past week

Looks great, feels solid and well made, and comes in proper retail packaging! You are correct, it doesn't come with a power adapter, just two micro USB leads (one long and one short) to use with your own. I'm using a 2.1A supply and it charges the phone from empty in about the same time as AC charging (2.5 hours). LED on the front is green when powered up and goes blue when a phone is placed on it for charging. Putting the Nexus 4 on charge is easy as it doesn't seem to be that fussy about placement, just plonk it down just off centre (towards the lower half where I'm guessing the phones receiver must be). The pad is not much wider than the phone itself so there's very little room to get it wrong!

The coloured ring around the top not only looks good, but its made of a tacky rubbery material, so the Nexus 4 doesn't slide about once you place it down (this is the reason I chose to go for this over the LG charger) :cool:

So far, no complaints at all! I didn't see the point of wireless charging before using it, I just bought it to have a play and to see how the tech works but I'm now a convert - I've been that impressed by this charger I've just ordered another :good:
    I'll order one once it goes <$20
    I like it, but it's not like I need it.
    I just ordered one. Will the phone still charge if I switch it off?

And what am I meant to use as the power supply, the charger that comes with the N4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My only concern with those was that apparently they will randomly stop charging.

Nope its not the model that charges to full and then never charges again so your phone is down 25% by morning. This one tops it off every 10min or so with screen off, or constantly trickle charges with screen on.