FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!!

3,548 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,208
 
Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2013, 08:57 AM |#391  
Ryuinferno's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,208
 
Donate to Me
More
Term-init updated for Android 4.3 compatibility! Lookie here: https://github.com/Ryuinferno/Term-i...0b0e3b3993c3a4

Therefore, for now, Term-init is recommended over others! Enjoy guys...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
 
 
8th September 2013, 09:58 AM |#392  
mw86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Afton
Thanks Meter: 3,101
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno

Term-init updated for Android 4.3 compatibility! Lookie here: https://github.com/Ryuinferno/Term-i...0b0e3b3993c3a4

Therefore, for now, Term-init is recommended over others! Enjoy guys...

Excellent work Ryu! With a lot of devices updating and coming now with 4.3, plus capable devices jumping on aosp 4.3 you certainly have made an already magnificent resource all the more better and the go to for Initd
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mw86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mw86 Ad-Free
11th September 2013, 06:50 AM |#393  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
When I used to open the app, It force closed.
(Process com .andoguide.universal.init.d) has stopped unexpectedly.
11th September 2013, 07:05 AM |#394  
Ryuinferno's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,208
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaishree

When I used to open the app, It force closed.
(Process com .andoguide.universal.init.d) has stopped unexpectedly.

I do not maintain that app that you are referring to...It's by Androguide.fr...logcats would be helpful..
but my bet is your phone does not have root...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
13th September 2013, 09:12 PM |#395  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 8,299
 
Donate to Me
More
I might be digressing from the Op so I apologize in advance.

I used this method to provide init.d on a TV Stick. I had put the 99touch script in the init.d folder just to test. But I realized, whenever there is a script to be executed in the init.d folder, my device (Android version 4.0.4) will show the standard message

"Android is upgrading" with a spinning circle.

What I wish to know is, how'd I get rid of this message ?
13th September 2013, 11:02 PM |#396  
BetA3D's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Red face Woohhaaaa
niceee,


Thanks a lot for this work mate..I Finally have init.d support on my Xperia mini pro (sk17i) with Official xxx.587 ROM (4.0.4) (modified by me)... im Fu...ng happy now, haha..Finally i can use the leakage protection in AFWALL+..


Thanks a lot !! works like a charm, with the APK install...
14th September 2013, 07:46 AM |#397  
Ryuinferno's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,208
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

I might be digressing from the Op so I apologize in advance.

I used this method to provide init.d on a TV Stick. I had put the 99touch script in the init.d folder just to test. But I realized, whenever there is a script to be executed in the init.d folder, my device (Android version 4.0.4) will show the standard message

"Android is upgrading" with a spinning circle.

What I wish to know is, how'd I get rid of this message ?

Hmm...it depends on what your init.d script is doing...I am sure the message won't show if there are no scripts at all in the init.d folder...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryuinferno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ryuinferno Ad-Free
14th September 2013, 11:16 AM |#398  
jatin@1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Seems pretty helpful especially for my phone because now ram can be increased and play games smoothly.
For increasing ram here is a tutorial (not by me). Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2440383

Hitting thanks is not charged by xda...so wanna try how it feels?
14th September 2013, 02:59 PM |#399  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 8,299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno

Hmm...it depends on what your init.d script is doing...I am sure the message won't show if there are no scripts at all in the init.d folder...

Yes I know. My script is a test script to write a dummy message to another file. I do want to have one or two scripts in there. Is there a way to hide that message from my users ?

Yes I know if I used Script manager, it will execute these scripts at boot but not show this message.
14th September 2013, 03:36 PM |#400  
Ryuinferno's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,208
 
Donate to Me
More
That dialog box shows that it is running something...do you have anything in /etc/install-recovery.sh at the very first place? Script manager runs right after the phone completed boot, which is why you won't get that...
16th September 2013, 03:18 PM |#401  
Perseus's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 8,299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinferno

That dialog box shows that it is running something...do you have anything in /etc/install-recovery.sh at the very first place? Script manager runs right after the phone completed boot, which is why you won't get that...

Yes I have something at the top of install-recovery.sh. Its a check to see if a new recovery was installed or new file flashed. Its just a check.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, init.d, stock kernel, terminal emulator
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes