FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][HYBRID][XXDMG1] Project AOSP v1.5 - Hybrid AOSP/Samsung ROM

847 posts
Thanks Meter: 939
 
Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2013, 12:17 PM |#891  
modstorm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Siggiewi
Thanks Meter: 939
 
Donate to Me
More
Sadly I have sold my Note 2 in order to get a new phone (most probably the One Max once it's released). Regarding the rom, I will still support it and try to help users whenever it is possible. As for updating the rom, I think the rom is quite stable with no other bugs other than the call log bug (which I cannot seem to fix, and the Samsung Contacts can be installed to fix the issue) so I don't think there aren't any updates required.

I would like to thank all of you that helped me get the rom to the state that it's at today and hopefully I will get to work on another rom for my next device
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modstorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modstorm Ad-Free
 
 
8th September 2013, 03:46 PM |#892  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artnada

Use Titanium backup to backup your current camera/gallery.

Try this version. (Right click, Save link as) This is the 4.3 Photosphere and it works for me.

Flash from recovery.

That didn't work, still getting the same error.
9th September 2013, 11:24 PM |#893  
akurei's Avatar
Member
Flag Bochum, NRW
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by modstorm

Sadly I have sold my Note 2 in order to get a new phone (most probably the One Max once it's released). Regarding the rom, I will still support it and try to help users whenever it is possible. As for updating the rom, I think the rom is quite stable with no other bugs other than the call log bug (which I cannot seem to fix, and the Samsung Contacts can be installed to fix the issue) so I don't think there aren't any updates required.

I would like to thank all of you that helped me get the rom to the state that it's at today and hopefully I will get to work on another rom for my next device

Why do all the best ROMs keep stop being developed? xD
Oh well, have to look for an alternative again. Thank you modstorm for this great ROM! Sad to see you leave the Note2.

EDIT: Do you have a recommendation for a ROM that is as close to yours as possible to switch to?
10th September 2013, 02:54 AM |#894  
modstorm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Siggiewi
Thanks Meter: 939
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurei

Why do all the best ROMs keep stop being developed? xD
Oh well, have to look for an alternative again. Thank you modstorm for this great ROM! Sad to see you leave the Note2.

EDIT: Do you have a recommendation for a ROM that is as close to yours as possible to switch to?

If you are happy with the current build you can stay on my rom for now as I didn't have any updates planned anyway. However once 4.2 will be released I guess most of you will want to move to a 4.2 rom and the closest rom to mine that I can think of is [email protected]
The Following User Says Thank You to modstorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift modstorm Ad-Free
15th September 2013, 07:49 AM |#895  
Silver Mask's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Jeddah, Jeddah, whats going ON!
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
in love with your ROM, mainly cuz you hybrided both the AOSP and Samsung functions with it (cuz i bought the GN2 for the pen mostly), but i have 2 main issues that is a make or break for me

1. for some reason the MTP is not working correctly on my home and work PC's (Windows XP SP3 & Windows 8) even with the latest update for the drivers, FYI i have installed the AOSP Extras also, does that Affect the process?

2. the overall sound output in both headphones and speaker are generally low, so i installed a DSP manager, and still no effective results.

i know you lift this scene, and sorry again to bother you at ur G+ community page with this, but its kinda make or break for me this issue.

thx
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Mask For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Silver Mask Ad-Free
15th September 2013, 08:57 AM |#896  
herojig's Avatar
Member
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Mask


2. the overall sound output in both headphones and speaker are generally low, so i installed a DSP manager, and still no effective results.


This one is scary, as even after I replaced this rom with PA 399, my volume is still fraggled. However, I have not tried going back to stock to see if that can be fixed. If there is a fix, I would also like to know
15th September 2013, 09:02 AM |#897  
Silver Mask's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Jeddah, Jeddah, whats going ON!
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herojig

This one is scary, as even after I replaced this rom with PA 399, my volume is still fraggled. However, I have not tried going back to stock to see if that can be fixed. If there is a fix, I would also like to know

my bet is on Kernel differences, i will flash "N.E.A.K. Note 2" Kernel, since it has the audio fix...

still.. this MTP thing is killing me, i dont always have SD readers at hand especially at work
17th September 2013, 04:58 AM |#898  
Silver Mask's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Jeddah, Jeddah, whats going ON!
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Good news everyone, i have solved both problems

1> the MTP thing works ok, the problem was with my long companion, the USB cable, he gave his life to me

2> the uNEAK kernel wont work with this rom, as they dont support exFAT (it resulted into a black screen) so i found a better kernel
SaberKernel_41.3 || 3.0.95 [ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2260397 ]

after installing it automaticly adjust the sound output, plus the app Boeffla Sound Support has so many option i got lost from it, the kernel has so many features like OverClock to 1920MHz and easily change the bootanimation.

check it out @herojig and telll me if it helped
20th September 2013, 05:57 PM |#899  
modstorm's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Siggiewi
Thanks Meter: 939
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herojig

This one is scary, as even after I replaced this rom with PA 399, my volume is still fraggled. However, I have not tried going back to stock to see if that can be fixed. If there is a fix, I would also like to know

This is probably due to the default Perseus Kernel settings. My suggestion is to go into STweaks and boost the volume from there.
23rd September 2013, 09:32 PM |#900  
Member
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Thumbs up h have problem
i like ur rom but i have one problem when i install samsung app contact and phone and play i have view problem
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-48.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	2278053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-31-11.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	2278054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-37.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	2278055  
24th September 2013, 04:26 PM |#901  
Senior Member
Flag BRAMPTON
Thanks Meter: 341
 
More
Request
OP

Is there anyway we can have this ROM for the AT&t Note 2 ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes