Audi A4 In Dash Install

253 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By naiku, Senior Member on 5th September 2013, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2013, 04:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
That looks pretty darn good man! From a fellow A4 owner (06 A4) I got stuck with the symphony II as well and was looking to upgrade to the RNS-E but I just don't know if i wanna pay that much, but i do prefer the OEM look over aftermarket. Looking how you got this thing set up and diggin the RNS look a like launcher, I might just need to get another nexus and have a side project. Subbed man! Will be willing to share the launcher? Keep us posted!
The Following User Says Thank You to Freshtojeff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Freshtojeff Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 07:08 AM |#12  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 366

More
So what are you doing to keep your n7 from getting so hot in such a confined and unventilated space?
10th September 2013, 01:24 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Awesome mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to HandyAndy888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HandyAndy888 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:30 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshtojeff

That looks pretty darn good man! From a fellow A4 owner (06 A4) I got stuck with the symphony II as well and was looking to upgrade to the RNS-E but I just don't know if i wanna pay that much, but i do prefer the OEM look over aftermarket. Looking how you got this thing set up and diggin the RNS look a like launcher, I might just need to get another nexus and have a side project. Subbed man! Will be willing to share the launcher? Keep us posted!

I kept looking to upgrade to the RNS-E as well, but it's typically $800 cost, plus the wiring harness costs required put me off. I can definitely share the launcher, I am still working on it some, but as soon as I am happy with it can send you a copy. It's the 1st launcher I have put together, so a bit of trial and error at the moment. I would need to figure out a way to share it all as one thing, at the moment it's a combination of a background, and UCCW widgets. If nothing else, I can certainly help you getting it set up on your Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyE

So what are you doing to keep your n7 from getting so hot in such a confined and unventilated space?

Absolutely nothing, well, I put a sunshade up in my windshield, but that's it. So far I have had no issues with it, and that has been with the 100F+ temperatures that the inside of the car can see in the Virginia summer. I thought about modifying the A/C ductwork that runs behind/above the tablet, but at the moment see no real need to do so.
12th September 2013, 05:26 PM |#16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku

I kept looking to upgrade to the RNS-E as well, but it's typically $800 cost, plus the wiring harness costs required put me off. I can definitely share the launcher, I am still working on it some, but as soon as I am happy with it can send you a copy. It's the 1st launcher I have put together, so a bit of trial and error at the moment. I would need to figure out a way to share it all as one thing, at the moment it's a combination of a background, and UCCW widgets. If nothing else, I can certainly help you getting it set up on your Nexus.

Absolutely nothing, well, I put a sunshade up in my windshield, but that's it. So far I have had no issues with it, and that has been with the 100F+ temperatures that the inside of the car can see in the Virginia summer. I thought about modifying the A/C ductwork that runs behind/above the tablet, but at the moment see no real need to do so.

Great work I installed one in my friend b6 a4
The Following User Says Thank You to xdafoundingmember For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdafoundingmember Ad-Free
13th September 2013, 01:44 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good work on this Audi, seems original not custom made. Congratulations!
16th September 2013, 08:22 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Excuse my ignorance, but the CAN-BUS adapter is used with the Joycon? The Joycon does not function as a steering wheel control on its own?
16th September 2013, 03:17 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaChris

Excuse my ignorance, but the CAN-BUS adapter is used with the Joycon? The Joycon does not function as a steering wheel control on its own?

The Joycon only reads resistance based signals, which CAN-BUS is not, so the adapter essentially takes the CAN-BUS signal and converts it into a resistance type signal that the Joycon is then able to interpret.
The Following User Says Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naiku Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 08:09 PM |#20  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku

The Joycon only reads resistance based signals, which CAN-BUS is not, so the adapter essentially takes the CAN-BUS signal and converts it into a resistance type signal that the Joycon is then able to interpret.

I just bought a joycon for my mazda 3. Do i need this adapter? i thought i can go from the steering wheel harness into the joycon into the USB hub. Will this not work?
19th September 2013, 02:34 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjv

I just bought a joycon for my mazda 3. Do i need this adapter? i thought i can go from the steering wheel harness into the joycon into the USB hub. Will this not work?

What year is your Mazda? According to the Joycon site it should work with Mazda3 from 2004-2009. See the list towards the bottom of this page for cars that work with the Joycon:

http://www.rcjoycon.com/base_3/menu_...m_board_idx=14
The Following User Says Thank You to naiku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naiku Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)