[CLOSED][RECOVERY] Unofficial CWM Recovery for Moto X -- Unlocked Bootloader Only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dew.man

Nov 26, 2006
White Lake
Got the recovery installed and did a backup. All good so far. But now I can't find the actual backup files. I browsed /sdcard/clockworkmod from my computer, and there's only a tiny 135 byte file there. I tried adb shell ls and don't see anything at all.

I know I'm just being stupid and overlooking something simple, but I've been up most of the night and everything is turning blurry so any help would be appreciated...

hidea

Got the recovery installed and did a backup. All good so far. But now I can't find the actual backup files. I browsed /sdcard/clockworkmod from my computer, and there's only a tiny 135 byte file there. I tried adb shell ls and don't see anything at all.

I know I'm just being stupid and overlooking something simple, but I've been up most of the night and everything is turning blurry so any help would be appreciated...

You could use one of the Play Store apps to manage your backups:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.h3r3t1c.bkrestore.pro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.free.alpha.cwmbackup

Reactions: flashallthetime

dew.man

Nov 26, 2006
White Lake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <external/cyanogenmod/std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

-----------------------
    PLEASE USE THE NEW RECOVERIES BY DHACKER29 THIS IS DISCONTINUED
    CWM
    TWRP

Discontinued - Downloads and Links:
    Unofficial CWM Recovery 6.0.3.6 for Moto X --- 8/25/2013 WORKING!
    Mirror^

Superuser by Koush -- If you want to root.
    SuperSu by Chainfire -- If you want to have root. Pick this one, or the one above. Not both.
    Stock Motorola Recovery for Moto X --- If you want to return to stock, or take OTA's.
    Motorola Fastboot Files --- Windows/Mac/Linux
    Motorola USB Drivers 6.2 [Windows 32/64]

Thanks to:
    Google for Android.
    Koush for CWM.
    Jackpot Calvin for Ramdisk fix.
    rob43 for pointing out Fstab error.
    hidea for testing over XDA and Skype.
    Hey Matt,
    Nice to see you again.!

So how do u unlock the bootloader? Is it as simple as a nexus 4 or like the Atrix HD?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

It's done with the Official Motorola Unlock Tool on their website. You enter the 'get_unlock_data' and get a code emailed to you.
    I don't understand what there is to test since you already said it doesn't work. Perhaps you should change the OP so it's a bit more clear of your intentions.

Did you not see the large work in progress header? As he said this is for anyone to work or test on. Did you come here to help or complain?

Obviously you do not know who he is. Great to see this is being worked on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Booted on my Droid Razr M, so it should boot on everybody's Moto X/Ultra/Maxx devices as well. The recovery fstab is borked though on the build in the OP. I'll pull one off the stock recovery and pastebin it here in a sec

http://pastebin.com/9YDxeTgF

I just added /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ in front of the device name so instead of it saying just boot, it says /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot

That's what it should look like for a recovery built with CM10.1 (Android 4.2) sources
    I just unlocked my Bootloader. Rooted the phone.

If it's not *too* dangerous, I'm willing to try this!

You can flash back the stock recovery.IMG if it fails :)

http://batakang.com/ftp/recovery/ghost/stockrecovery.img

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2