FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[i9505] 4-SEPT New update today MH8 (JDQ37)

663 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By gadjet, Senior Member on 4th September 2013, 01:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2013, 06:18 PM |#131  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSN

I haven't noticed any differences apart from an annoying problem. I get constant 'Prevention information' errors:

"An application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device. It may be solved by the policy update service. It may be safe to delete an application obtained from an unauthorized route. Check now?"

If I try to use the 'Security policy update', it fails and says: 'Update failed due to network issues'.

My phone is not rooted and I don't have any dubious apps.

Exact same issue here since installing the latest update. Also not rooted and no dodgy apps.

11th September 2013, 06:40 PM |#132  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I updated through kies at weekend and didn't know about this update. But everything is fine no problems and excellent battery life

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
11th September 2013, 07:27 PM |#133  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 111

More
how to disable knox and this app checking? i can even play asphalt 8 because it is blocked.. damn you samsung... htc one? more and more tempting...
11th September 2013, 07:29 PM |#134  
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriomag

how to disable knox and this app checking? i can even play asphalt 8 because it is blocked.. damn you samsung... htc one? more and more tempting...

There is no option to disable it. Seems to me that Samsung rushed out Knox far too quickly and didn't bother quality checking it. The update feature for the security policies doesn't work either and all the Knox stuff in the menus is in broken English. I hope they push out another software update soon to fix it.

All this is doing is pushing me closer to just flashing CM.
11th September 2013, 07:46 PM |#135  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexgore

There is no option to disable it. Seems to me that Samsung rushed out Knox far too quickly and didn't bother quality checking it. The update feature for the security policies doesn't work either and all the Knox stuff in the menus is in broken English. I hope they push out another software update soon to fix it.

All this is doing is pushing me closer to just flashing CM.

i disabled all knox apps with titanium, now there are no more infos about blocking but apps still are not working.
11th September 2013, 07:51 PM |#136  
Flag βelgium
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
flashes stock MGA firmware on my i9505
its updated to MH8 fw.. but i try to root and custom FW/Kernel/recovery..and everything works.. so i don't see/have any problems for now
11th September 2013, 07:53 PM |#137  
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriomag

i disabled all knox apps with titanium, now there are no more infos about blocking but apps still are not working.

Can't disable without root though.
11th September 2013, 09:31 PM |#138  
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,203

More
Which region has the least number of bloatwares included?
There are two MH8 ROMs as of now: BTU (United Kingdom) and TPH (Portugal). Both the same build date and changelist.
I downloaded BTU yesterday, but TPH came out right after, so I haven't flashed yet until I get your opinion guys.
11th September 2013, 11:58 PM |#139  
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

Which region has the least number of bloatwares included?
There are two MH8 ROMs as of now: BTU (United Kingdom) and TPH (Portugal). Both the same build date and changelist.
I downloaded BTU yesterday, but TPH came out right after, so I haven't flashed yet until I get your opinion guys.

In theory if you're using general unlocked firmwares rather than network branded ones the amount of bloatware shouldn't be too different. But if you're rooted you can remove the bloatware yourself anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hexgore For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hexgore Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 08:28 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
I've updated to MH8 a few days ago now and cannot see any app/evidence of Knox at all on my device. Can someone please point me in the right direction so that i can see what all the fuss is about
12th September 2013, 08:49 PM |#141  
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pos51

I've updated to MH8 a few days ago now and cannot see any app/evidence of Knox at all on my device. Can someone please point me in the right direction so that i can see what all the fuss is about

This is how it happened for me. I have Mega installed and use it as my cloud storage. I went into Gallery and uploaded an image to Mega from there. The upload was successful but afterwards I got an error saying the phone had closed the Mega app because it was trying to gain "unauthorised access to system." Others have reported the same error just from trying to open various games. When the error comes up I tap the button to update the security policy but it does not work, it just tells me there are network problems even though I'm on WiFi and it works fine.

I went to the security settings to turn this feature off or at least try and configure it but there is no option to do so. The only way to disable Knox is to root and disable Knox processes with Titanium Backup or similar. The built in application manager in settings does not allow you to disable Knox.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)