Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS]
"CacheSize"=dword:00001000
"EnableCache"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers]
"InputBufferSize"=dword:00000200
"OutputBufferSize"=dword:00000200

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer]
"MaxBufferSize"=dword:00000100

Copy entries above and save it in fix.reg file (for example, with notepad), then remove your SD card, connect you TP to USB and move fix.reg to your device, say to "\My Documents" folder. If you don't have Total Commander installed, get it and copy it too. Disconnect USB cable, run Total Commander (install it if you don't have it), find your fix.reg file, hold stylus on it so context menu will open, select "Copy to clipboard", then go to \\Plugins\\Registry and hold stylus in empty space, then select "Paste here (Copy)" from context menu. Soft reset your device. You're done.

lukesan

May 1, 2009
I also had to hard reset my device, not funny at all.
I don't think messing around with the Fatfs registry setting is ok to start with.

Also I took a look at the website of the so called 6 or 8 people working on this project. It looks like some unprofessional not up to date website.
A company logo that has been updated for over 2 years now still shows the old logo.
There are many other things that bother me on the website but ... no comment

Lock and big warning please

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I'd say stay clear of this....

p50kombi

But after the fix, the GPS reception is better?

in all fairness.. I'd stay clear of this fix..
My GPS was superb to start with, I was just curious...
There's lots of better ways to improve your GPS than this so called fix, it just screws up your device without the developer explaining exactly what it does...
I have undone all the registry crap they changed, and thank goodness avoided a hard reset..
Hard resets are such a waste, unless you're upgrading roms..
If you want better gps, I'd suggest a custom rom (SHEP's roms are suberb)0 and enable agps with the nokia settings..
If you need help, just PM me and I'd be happy to help you out....

Take care everyone...

Last edited:

darkshad01

Jul 18, 2008
would anyone happen to have a cab file for agps for at&t network for the fuze, i just realized the custom rom i downloaded the other day doesnt include agps

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
at&t agps from 5.11

would anyone happen to have a cab file for agps for at&t network for the fuze, i just realized the custom rom i downloaded the other day doesnt include agps

Yeah. Courtesy of Captain Throwback.

EDIT: I posted this stuff below by accident in the Rhodium thread this guy made in response to someone lost with GPS and then realized that I was giving Raphael instructions to TP2 people so I might as well put it here in case any of you are using an AT&T Fuze (or any other Touch Pro except the AT&T AGPS settings cab won't help you) and haven't gotten under the hood yet:

If you really don't want to flash a custom rom, you might be able to get AGPS fired up using the cab attached which will tell your phone how to connect to AT&T's AGPS servers (it modifies the registry, but in a safe way, just adding some server entries extracted from an official HTC rom by Captain Throwback who is trustworthy) but you must be using Raphael radio 1.12.25.19 or higher. Depending on when you bought it, your phone may already have radio 1.14.25.35 in which case you're good. To figure that out you can check in Start menu > Settings > System > Device information. If you don't have such a radio, you've got to get one either here where I explain how to flash radios (and a lot of other stuff) or here if you already know. So, when you have the right radio and you install this cab, go to Start > Settings > either System or Connections > Assisted GPS or AGPS. If you can't find that, get AdvancedConfig which will let you enable it.

Finally, to tell whether or not your phone's trying to use AGPS, fire up an offline GPS program (not Google Maps) and see if it initiates a data connection. Another clue is whether or not you can get a fix. I'm also attaching GPSTest to do that with. So in review, flash one of those radios if you don't have one (this may include hardspl and rilphone cabs), install the AGPS cab I attached, make sure AGPS is enabled on your phone, cross your fingers and test it.

For those of you using other carriers and want AGPS working, search XDA for "agps settings [your carrier]" and try to track one down. Pain in the balls, all of this, but worth it to get decent/tolerable GPS performance. Another option to consider is going to radio shack and buying a tomtom device.

Doug

Attachments

• ATT_aGPS_Settings_511_T-Back.cab
    3.2 KB · Views: 60
  • GoogleMaps_v3.2.1.cab
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab
    282.1 KB · Views: 39
  • GPSTest.ppc.CAB
    148.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - admins please make this a sticky

Hi y`all

Some people like myself have very many problems with the GPS.
    After hours of searching I managed to find out the cause I have here a special patch for it.

I hope you all like it.

Install Instructions:

Second download the atachement from bellow.
    install it on your device then start the program.
    click fix it.
    press menu and then reboot thats it !

and have fun ;)

Greats Antonius

EDIT: Added the new program ;)
    It is working HTC Touch pro/HTC Touch pro 2 (This is tested)

UPDATE NEW VERSION ADDED

- fixed performence issue`s
    - fixed some registry settings
    - fixed phone responding strange.