FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][Unofficial] TeamWin Recovery Project - 2.8.4

696 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,433

By bubor, Senior Member on 8th April 2013, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
TeamWin Recovery Project

Restore in the old 2.4.1 version doesnt work for me. I build from source, now it works, I share.

Download
http://dualhoki.vim.hu/bubor/dev/twrp-i927/
http://rpi.bubor.hu/bubor/dev/twrp-i927/

Current Issues:
display timeout blank screen disabled

Issue report:
Give everything I need to reproduce the problem (logs, guide, dumps etc), I wont reply useless reports.

Changelog:
Changelog can be found : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2
  • 2.6.1 wipe data make smaller data partition, that need for encyption. Encypt mount support.
    2.6.3 removed superuser, compiled with cm-10.2
    2.6.3-2 add fuse, it should support extfat
    2.6.3-3 remove encypt, puth superuser (Rooting)
    2.6.3-4 put security fs, selinux, it will need for flash cm-11.0
    2.6.3.1 update twrp from git (actually its 2.7.0, but you will see 2.6.3 in the corner)
    2.7..1: update twrp, compiled with cm-10.2
    2.8.4: compild with cm-11.0, fix MTP

Credit:

Terinfire(Source)
Dman(Source)
thegreatergood
TWRP TEAM

Install
Install zip from TWRP or ClockworkModRecovery
Put device to download mode ( power on, while hold volume up, hit volume up again when asked to do ), and use odin (included in the zip, browse to pda, dont flash other)

Changelog: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

You may want to install older rom, you must change assert tag in rom zip file META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "i927" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "i927" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I927" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I927" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-I927R" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-I927R" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGHI927" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGHI927" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGHI927R" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGHI927R" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "n1" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "n1" || abort("This package is for \"i927,SGH-I927,SGH-I927R,SGHI927,SGHI927R,n1\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to bubor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubor Ad-Free

8th April 2013, 05:32 PM |#2  
Flag Stowe, VT
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Awesome! Thanks so much for fixing this for Team Glide!

Sent from my Rooted Samsung SGH-i927 Captivate Glide
Running @ndroid JB4.2.2 CM10.1 & TWRP 2.4.4.0 using xda-dev app.
11th April 2013, 04:59 PM |#3  
Flag Stowe, VT

More
They just released a newer version 2.5.0.0

Sent from my Rooted Samsung SGH-i927 Captivate Glide
Running @ndroid JB4.2.2 & TWRP 2.4.4.0 using xda-dev app.
5th May 2013, 09:30 PM |#4  
Flag burbank
Thanks Meter: 238

More
*thanks bubor for keeping twrp up to date.

*please keep twrp up to date since it can then use rom manager to do all the wipes, flash and install roms and gapps package an dother patches along he way.
*can the img extension just be use through adb to get that to the phone or not?

*how is this done and steps pleas?
6th May 2013, 07:06 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8

You can find recovery.img inside the zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubor Ad-Free
11th September 2013, 01:41 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
update to 2.6.1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bubor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubor Ad-Free
15th September 2013, 06:51 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag cadiz

More
Thumbs up Oh my...
I think this is one of the best finds for the Cappy Glide since CM10.1...

Thank you! Thanks SOOOOO MUCH!

I was about fed-up with CWMR, having to spam the volume buttons, but now with touch controls, I mean, COME ON! How much better could it get to flash and recover and restore and backup stuff! Thank you! BIG THUMBS UP!

15th September 2013, 08:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
great thanks, its time to udate it. i see we have a version from odin and one to flash via CWMR.
16th September 2013, 08:19 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 2,469

Donate to Me
More
Initially got some strange "assert getprop" errors when flashing stock Samsung flashable packs (CWM does the job), but flashing CM and PAC looks alright. Just why does the stock flashables all require ro.product.device=SGHI927... (normally it would be SGH-I927)

Sent from Samsung Captivate Glide @ CM10.1.2
16th September 2013, 09:17 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

Initially got some strange "assert getprop" errors when flashing stock Samsung flashable packs (CWM does the job), but flashing CM and PAC looks alright. Just why does the stock flashables all require ro.product.device=SGHI927... (normally it would be SGH-I927)

Sent from Samsung Captivate Glide @ CM10.1.2

assert tag changed a year ago, old custom 4.0/4.1 doesnt work with newer recoveries.
New roms test both assert tags. You can change test in rom's zip file.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubor Ad-Free
26th September 2013, 05:11 PM |#11  
Flag Stowe, VT

More
Well after upgrading to 2.6.3 I get fail to create directory & failed to backup? This is to either internal or external. On 2.6.1 I was getting fails to restore? Anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my Rooted Samsung SGH-i927 Captivate Glide Running Android ICS 4.0.4 LiteRom 0.9.0 & TWRP 2.6.3 using xda-dev app.
The Following User Says Thank You to amppcguru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amppcguru Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)