Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
@NRGZ28.

Many thanks for your excellent ROMs.
I've just 'upgraded' from Polaris to Rhodium and can see that there's a fair bit more happening (in more ways than one :D) in these threads than with Polaris.

Great to see such an active lot of folk here - all with very healthy opinions.
Anyway, I'm enjoying the fruits of your hard work and getting to know my new device - thanks again for your efforts.

vicster

Nov 18, 2007
Copenhagen
Great Rom Thanks alot for the hardwork..

i have a couple of issues tho.

1. SMS Conversations takes AGES to load and there are no caching of the messages so the conversation on specific contacts ages to respond (might be a know issue, im never lucky with the search function sorry)

2. MMS i can't seem to recive MMS messages at all. much less get to the part where i can choose to download the picture/voice/video etc. from the message. i have absolutely no idear what i am doing wrong but somthing just aint working for me. if anyone has a suggestion to fix/help ill be more than happy!

3. Tmobile Account info? is there a way to get rid of this properly rather insignificant program (performance wise) but still i (atleast) have no use for it and well its more a luxury thing it annoys meh eyes =)

Anyways Thanks alot for a great ROM im loving it!, i just hope the speed on 2.5 will be improved at somepoint.

Best Regards
Vicster!

Sjuust

Oct 14, 2007
Meppel
www.persberichten.com
Just noticed a giant "Button1" button when using the Facebook app..guess it's a skinning problem?

for the rest..I love the skinning..it really looks great.

ps, get yourself a beer mate! (8AJ71314TX2716637)

Last edited:

Manni01

Sep 17, 2007
Thanks!

Just to say thanks for your excellent work!
I'm using the standard version as stability is most important to me, and I can't fault it.
Donation 6NH30579YG1864237

avaterera

Aug 28, 2009
I have small problem. Just flashed standard 2.1 and after changing city (time options) TouchFlo crashed and don't want to start.
Anyone had that problem?

guntcent

May 15, 2008
Garden Grove
best rom on the tp2

the rom is sooo slick fast n smooth n i hope u continue ur work n releasing more n more roms for the community ill b donating u to support ur works thanks for all of the genius work

one more thing is there a myspace app yet? im wondering if it existed

avaterera

Aug 28, 2009
nope i never had that problem it happens when you are using too much ram n ur touchflo closes n restart again. Give more specific details man.

My RAM is at 42% and as You said touchflo closes n restart again.
Tried soft-reset but without success.

Where I can change TouchFlo clock settings without TouchFlo? System registry maybe?

Noticed a couple of things with the Sep17 2.1 Build:

1. Don't have the option for "Save As Read" when I get an SMS pop-up on the right softkey menu.
I use that option all the time - can we have it back? EDIT: Seems to have come back by itself. Seem to be getting some odd messaging behaviour going on...gonna keep an eye on it.
2. Still a few green bits - noticed that when setting an alarm in Manila in landscape, when you select a day, it's green, not blue.

Otherwise so far so good!

Last edited:

GordonTGopher

Nov 9, 2005
Letchworth Garden City
I have a Touch Pro 2. When i try to flash with Titanium ROM i get a error message Error 262: Update Error.

I am than asked to go to page: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=492930

and replace the RUU file... i have done this but i still get the error.

Can anybody assist?

I THINK this is the error you get if the phone is not connected properly, you need to have it connected and synced through Activesync / WMDC

Gordon

dipdap

Jul 7, 2009
Hi NRGZ28,

I just made a little donation for your work:
1CJ19660RP853030K
I really enjoy your 2.5rom :)

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
So, I have a question. I decided to go against popular opinion and suggestion and actually utilize the Manila messaging on 2.1 despite trying whatever possible to avoid it in the past. I heard it sucked, was too slow, wasn't reliable, and everything else that couldn't be positive about it. I've found it to be the complete opposite though, doesn't hang like the WM6.5 client, continues to send the message whenever signal is available automatically, allows for quick access to everything else dealing with the contact, and I've become a strong lover in HTCs ability to handle these messages. I also text more a day than is probably recommended for a healthy life, but hey, what can you do. My only true gripe about the system is the way to access the texting tab. If multiple messages from multiple people come in, there is no way to see a list of the messages...which is horrible. (I'm assuming this is fixed in 2.5 with its complete messaging application) Also, in order to initiate a text with this person, you must go to the All People tab, go into All People, search for the person, click that person, go to their text tab...it's a real pain in the ass. So, my question is, has anybody found a quicker solution who is also choosing to not bypass this system? I tried to replace the action soft button with a direct path to All People at least, but I couldn't figure out the exact path for it, if there even is one since it's embedded in manila. I can't use 2.5 yet as I need a more stable, landscape enabled interface, so wishful thinking is the way to go.

deaad

Oct 20, 2008
Rotterdam
Yeah... not much I can do about that....:)

Good news, I found a solution for the MMS/Add Contacts issue in the latest 2.5 ROM. I was able to port the newest Messaging application from the Qilin and drop it in. Now both editing MMS servers and adding contacts from manila, works fine. Let's test it out. Uploading in a little bit... It's have a 17 1/2 date on it.

Love your roms very much.
So I donated you a beer. 41303263N0058752C
I think I missed something, cann't find de update for your the 17th 2.5 rom.
Or is it not uploaded yet?
Thanks

lovelldr

Oct 31, 2007
Is there any chance of you cooking in to your rom the Remote Tracker software?

Think this would make it a much better Rom ;) Also, shouldn't be too much work hopefully, but any chance of making the "TMobile Account Info" programme under "System" in the start menu, an uninstallable software? As I don't have a T-Mobile Sim Card, so would like to uninstall it...

Keep up good work.

Cheers :)

Reactions: dreamerguy00
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still any word on the account manager stuff with the youtube and facebook upload.
    I can confirm that the facebook upload works for pictures just did it on the 10-11 release.
    But the youtube upload asks me for my username and password in portrait put it in and it just sits there verifying account or something. Waited a good 5 minutes too for this. And before it gives you the option to put in a username and password it says something about clearing Twitter tweets.
    Any help or confirmation this will NOT work at all would be great, other then this small nit picky stuff wonderful ROM

Again, not sure about this with the TP2 but there IS a CAB file to ad account mgr. Pretty sure it is an older version and not even sure if it works with this ROM or not. You may wanna do a search and find it and give it a test run. Or you can just wait for NRG to fix it. I'm sure he will as he is the best in the biz!
    Bugs Bugs & More Bugs....

Firstly thanks for all the hard work building this.....I'm using the Manila 2 version and not the 2.5 (which I read was buggy)

I've been using for 2 days now...and as a business phone, this ROM is not ideal (at least for me).
    Bugs:

1. PIN logon (required for my exchange server) won't display characters entered....fly by touch really
    2. Half the password/PIN logon is missing most times when entering the phone after being locked.....basically I only get half the screen displayed
    3. Sounds and notification settings do not save after setting, despite hard/soft reset - pretty annoying to have sounds play for most notifications
    4. TouchFlo icons vanish sporadically, again having to touch by memory of what's there.

Anyone else having these issures?
    Anyone know where I can find the original T-Mobile ROM to go back to something more stable?
    Is there any chance of you cooking in to your rom the Remote Tracker software?

Think this would make it a much better Rom ;) Also, shouldn't be too much work hopefully, but any chance of making the "TMobile Account Info" programme under "System" in the start menu, an uninstallable software? As I don't have a T-Mobile Sim Card, so would like to uninstall it...

Keep up good work.

Cheers :)
    Gotcha.... thanks !!
    Good idea. Ideally you'd want a "mark as read" and a "delete" button.

Absolutly, this seamingly simple mod would save lots of time and taps.