Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
:::: Im not responsible if you brick Your Phone ::::

Flashable via Odin

Why would I you need this:
1-You want the 4.2.2 FW 'Alors Voila'
2-You bootlooped or other reason and you don't have a Nandroid / Backup. and No yet official Firmware for Canadian Carrier and you surely don't want to send it to Samsung :) So you can do this one.
3-Cause I Want it :)

what its not working:
the Phone ( trying to fix it )
Force Close:
S Note flash the csc so snote won't forceclose . Download
If with the download its still not working so add it manually and put the permission
For files permissions is
XXX
X
X
For folders
XXX
X. X
X X
And reboot

Download:
4.2.2 i467M Only ( Canadian 4G Lte Note 8.0 )

Beside you wont see the developer submenu so u cant click on debug. but they're still on the phone, so nobody freak out. Google hasn't taken the "developer" out of its Nexus line, and it's not going to anytime soon. But the settings have been hidden from casual view in the settings menu. Here's how to get them back:
1. Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
2. Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
3. Tap it seven (7) times. After the third tap, you'll see a playful dialog that says you're four taps away from being a developer. (If only it were that simple, eh?) Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.
for more info visit this link

If u want the s translator download the zip file http://db.tt/ADug1EoL extract it copy s translator to app and set the permission. And now for the libnmsp_vocoder.so add it in system/lib ( and set the permission) reboot the tablet.

if you have the AT&T ( i467 ) Nah do not touch ;)

Do you want the resizable note 2 popup browse? So download this as any app http://db.tt/yGNx9PnV
Enjoy it :)

Last edited:

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Hi, thanks for doing this.
I've been wanting 4.2.2 for my sgh-i467m (Rogers) for a long time.
But I do really need the S-Note function. So I'll wait until you add S-Note :)
I have a question though. I'm currently paying text messaging add-on $15/mo. Do you think I will lose this function?
And also, phone feature would be so siiick.
I'll wait patiently :)

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I have a question though. I'm currently paying text messaging add-on $15/mo. Do you think I will lose this function?

I made more researches. it seems that after the update to 4.2.2 the S note is force closing and some its working. now im investigating to see what version is working with no bugs,,,
as for the add ons you tablet will work exactly same as now. so you don't have to worry. I have 5gb/17.5$ I also want to use it so I wouldn't update it in this way if I know it will affect us :)
the Phone Feature yeah its good. but I decided to keep it on a side for now and witting to see first further aboout the snote.

Last edited:

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
I made more researches. it seems that after the update to 4.2.2 the S note is force closing and some its working. now im investigating to see what version is working with no bugs,,,
as for the add ons you tablet will work exactly same as now. so you don't have to worry. I have 5gb/17.5$ I also want to use it so I wouldn't update it in this way if I know it will affect us :)
the Phone Feature yeah its good. but I decided to keep it on a side for now and witting to see first further aboout the snote.

You're awesome. Keep me posted :)

nickdollahz

Jun 13, 2008
Glastonbury
You probably have to extract the CSC stuff in order for the SNote to work. I had that force close issue with my first release of stock 4.2.2 rom.

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
You probably have to extract the CSC stuff in order for the SNote to work. I had that force close issue with my first release of stock 4.2.2 rom.

added manually the csc. cause but odin yes it flash it but cant be seen in system. same as with twrp or cw.

can you please give the exact steps that u did. and what version of firmware are you using...

Reactions: terra-starr

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks for uploading the S-Note fix. I have downloaded both files and ready to flash but I don't want to screw up.
I'm a little new to this... never flashed a rom with Odin before. I used Odin for rooting but never flashing roms.
Could you post a step by step on how to flash?

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Thanks for uploading the S-Note fix. I have downloaded both files and ready to flash but I don't want to screw up.
I'm a little new to this... never flashed a rom with Odin before. I used Odin for rooting but never flashing roms.

1 open ur Odin /it will be a good first start ;)/
2 click on Pda and select the .tar file that I uploaded
3 click on start and wait

So if U say U did rooted your phone with Odin its the same step U have to put the phone on download mode (power on the phone while you hole the -Volume)
Et voilà...

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012

So if U say U did rooted your phone with Odin its the same step U have to put the phone on download mode (power on the phone while you hole the -Volume)
Et voilà...

Oh that's the same method I rooted :) What about the S-Note CSC file?

dsp0704

Jun 6, 2012
Thanks, I finally got around flashing. Everything works great and better. Before things like app launching time or keyboard was extremely laggy. But now its gone. Also sometimes touch screen not responding for a second or two is also gone. I cant thank you enough.
I wasnt really going to use the phone feature but that phone app sitting in the app drawer is really tempting to use. Do you have any progress on that yet?
Also, do you think you can port some note3 stuff like aircommand?
Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N5120 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

terra-starr

Aug 6, 2010
Bainbridge Island, WA
try to do a back up on ur ex sd card. and specially the backup with ur at&t modem.
and test it.
The AT&T version has a locked bootloader, so we can't load a custom recovery to make a back up. We do have root, which is great to have.

Can you point me in the right direction to make a back up?

Should those with a locked bootloader not flash this file?

I really appreciate your work on this.

Thank you

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
The AT&T version has a locked bootloader, so we can't load a custom recovery to make a back up. We do have root, which is great to have.

Thank you

Ok 1 download the cf auto root . Fla**** via odin and reflash the recovery twp.once its done to under recovery mode and create a back up better to do it on the ext sd card.
And once its done go back to download mod and flash the rom via odin. We the i467M also we dont have an unlocked bootloader. But flashing via odin if possible.
Now when its done ur tablet may and may not boot. If its not booting go to recovery mod and clean cache and dalvik. Et voilà!!!!

terra-starr

Aug 6, 2010
Bainbridge Island, WA
Ok 1 download the cf auto root . Fla**** via odin and reflash the recovery twp.once its done to under recovery mode and create a back up better to do it on the ext sd card.
And once its done go back to download mod and flash the rom via odin. We the i467M also we dont have an unlocked bootloader. But flashing via odin if possible.
Now when its done ur tablet may and may not boot. If its not booting go to recovery mod and clean cache and dalvik. Et voilà!!!!

Which Note 8 version of twrp should I flash, N5210?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :::: Im not responsible if you brick Your Phone ::::

Flashable via Odin

Why would I you need this:
    1-You want the 4.2.2 FW 'Alors Voila'
    2-You bootlooped or other reason and you don't have a Nandroid / Backup. and No yet official Firmware for Canadian Carrier and you surely don't want to send it to Samsung :) So you can do this one.
    3-Cause I Want it :)

what its not working:
    the Phone ( trying to fix it )
    Force Close:
    S Note flash the csc so snote won't forceclose . Download
    If with the download its still not working so add it manually and put the permission
    For files permissions is
    XXX
    X
    X
    For folders
    XXX
    X. X
    X X
    And reboot

Download:
    4.2.2 i467M Only ( Canadian 4G Lte Note 8.0 )

Beside you wont see the developer submenu so u cant click on debug. but they're still on the phone, so nobody freak out. Google hasn't taken the "developer" out of its Nexus line, and it's not going to anytime soon. But the settings have been hidden from casual view in the settings menu. Here's how to get them back:
    1. Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
    2. Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
    3. Tap it seven (7) times. After the third tap, you'll see a playful dialog that says you're four taps away from being a developer. (If only it were that simple, eh?) Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.
    for more info visit this link

If u want the s translator download the zip file http://db.tt/ADug1EoL extract it copy s translator to app and set the permission. And now for the libnmsp_vocoder.so add it in system/lib ( and set the permission) reboot the tablet.

if you have the AT&T ( i467 ) Nah do not touch ;)

Do you want the resizable note 2 popup browse? So download this as any app http://db.tt/yGNx9PnV
    Enjoy it :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252162

Et voilà...

Thank you