FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(car audio) Parrot ASTEROID Smart

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th September 2013, 12:03 AM |#1131  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrmonkey

I'm having an issue where whenever I load ANY amount of apps the unit ends up resetting to defaults (it even shows a screenshot of Creature from the Black Lagoon)...not sure if that's normal. Anyways, it's retained root, but it constantly resets to defaults and it's starting to get annoying. Could heat be a factor? I live in Houston, TX and it's always hot and the inside of my car heats up even worse (black car with black leather).

I doubt the heat is causing your problem. I'm south of Houston and drive a black truck, although it does have a gray interior.
16th September 2013, 04:12 AM |#1132  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Google Play Services Crashing
I'm trying to get the Play Store installed on my Asteroid but am running into a problem. Google Play Services is crashing on boot. Any ideas? A particular version I should be installing? Do I need to be on the latest Asteroid firmware?

Thanks in advance for any help.
16th September 2013, 06:17 AM |#1133  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

Hey guys, here's an improved and extended version of my volume control app.

It's functions now are:
- Swipe horizontal and/or vertical to change volume
- Touch anywhere to change volume slider
- Pinch to change volume
- Ramp up volume when unmuting
- UNIKA and HID volume up/down/mute button support

You can configure and enable or disable each and every function. Additionally you can set up a minimum distance delta for detecting a swipe gesture, a custom timeout value before closing the app, the ramp up delay and the pinch sensitivity.

I recommend wiping the app's data before installing the new version.

Many thanks to donaldta for his invaluable help in testing and improving the app.


Outstanding! Thanks for continuing to improve this. Will check out this new version tonight.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Try Utter!

Yeah, I have looked at it. And had it installed for a few weeks. But I am not sure what it really offers on top of Google Voice Search.

Are you able to give me some ideas on usage scenarios? Thanks.
16th September 2013, 08:30 AM |#1134  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Volvo SCT solution?
Hi,

I have seen it mention a few times in this thread, but haven't seen any answer.
Did somebody find a way to sideload apps to the Volvo Sensus Connected Touch system? it is based on Parrot Asterroid, but with an extremly limited subset of apps in the market.

Any solution?

thanks
16th September 2013, 12:53 PM |#1135  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
+1 on getting other apps on the sensus system. Haven't got it yet but I might get the system soon.
Anyone who has the sensus connect, how limited is the mirror link functionality?

Regards

Skickat från min C6603 med Tapatalk 4
16th September 2013, 01:02 PM |#1136  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajosefox

I'm trying to get the Play Store installed on my Asteroid but am running into a problem. Google Play Services is crashing on boot. Any ideas? A particular version I should be installing? Do I need to be on the latest Asteroid firmware?

Go to this thread on the Asteroid Doisara forums. If you create an account there then you can download the correct versions as attachments of the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster

Yeah, I have looked at it. And had it installed for a few weeks. But I am not sure what it really offers on top of Google Voice Search.

Are you able to give me some ideas on usage scenarios? Thanks.

I only started using it myself. However, it can integrate with Tasker and that alone gives it the to ability to perform much more than what Google Voice Search can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy_barzed

I have seen it mention a few times in this thread, but haven't seen any answer.
Did somebody find a way to sideload apps to the Volvo Sensus Connected Touch system? it is based on Parrot Asterroid, but with an extremly limited subset of apps in the market.

Any solution?

That's because nobody with a Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (SCT) has found a way. It is true that the SCT is made by Parrot but there is no indication that it is related to the Asteroid Smart. It might be closer to the Asteroid Mini and Tablet since neither of those have a mini-USB port with the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) either. Besides the form factor of the SCT's "remote e-box" seems to suggest it as well.

I suspect that the only way to install third-party apps other than the Asteroid Market, is if the ability were added to a modified ROM. Parrot uses .plf files to update their hardware. You can see the instructions on how to do it here; http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/sensus-connected-touch. Apparently, they made it so that only SCT owners can download the .plf files through the Asteroid Market. If you have one, then sharing this file would go a long way in aiding to this movement.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 02:17 PM |#1137  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Go to. If you create an account there then you can download the correct versions as attachments of the original post.



I only started using it myself. However, it can integrate with Tasker and that alone gives it the to ability to perform much more than what Google Voice Search can do.



That's because nobody with a Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (SCT) has found a way. It is true that the SCT is made by Parrot but there is no indication that it is related to the Asteroid Smart. It might be closer to the Asteroid Mini and Tablet since neither of those have a mini-USB port with the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) either. Besides the form factor of the SCT's "remote e-box" seems to suggest it as well.

I suspect that the only way to install third-party apps other than the Asteroid Market, is if the ability were added to a modified ROM. Parrot uses .plf files to update their hardware. You can see the instructions on how to do it here; . Apparently, they made it so that only SCT owners can download the .plf files through the Asteroid Market. If you have one, then sharing this file would go a long way in aiding to this movement.

ok, make sense.
I have just downloaded the latest version of the file:
you can download it here: ht tp :// sdrv . ms / 1dilYEb (remove spaces, I am new to the forum and can't post links)

let me know if you need something else
The Following User Says Thank You to hoppy_barzed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hoppy_barzed Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 02:34 PM |#1138  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta



I only started using it myself. However, it can integrate with Tasker and that alone gives it the to ability to perform much more than what Google Voice Search can do.

Problem with Utter is it needs constant data connection for it to work (unless on jelly bean)
16th September 2013, 03:39 PM |#1139  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

I don't believe he is confirming that. I believe that he has stopped using Smart Launcher by GinLemon. The default launcher from the Asteroid Smart is actually called Parrot Home2..

Correct. Went back to default and works a bit more consistently instead of locking up or stalling, though it still does it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
16th September 2013, 06:24 PM |#1140  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrmonkey

I'm having an issue where whenever I load ANY amount of apps the unit ends up resetting to defaults (it even shows a screenshot of Creature from the Black Lagoon)

Ever since I read this, I had been curious about it. I sort of imagined a small cartoon-like creature but its not. It happened to me today when I was installing Volvo SCT apps on the Smart. In my case, I think it had to with the limited internal storage capacity. If you are installing lots of applications, the default destination is on the internal storage. You might want to start moving them off to the SD Card.

Apparently, the path to the image is /etc/datavolm.bmp and here are the three different versions.

Quote:

Asteroid Classic & Mini


Asteroid Smart & Tablet


Volvo Sensus Connected Touch

16th September 2013, 07:38 PM |#1141  
thedrmonkey's Avatar
Member
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Ever since I read this, I had been curious about it. I sort of imagined a small cartoon-like creature but its not. It happened to me today when I was installing Volvo SCT apps on the Smart. In my case, I think it had to with the limited internal storage capacity. If you are installing lots of applications, the default destination is on the internal storage. You might want to start moving them off to the SD Card.

Apparently, the path to the image is /etc/datavolm.bmp and here are the three different versions.

The thing is I'm only installing a few apps from the Asteroid Market (less than 5). I don't want to give up on this headunit since it's hilarious to tell people my radio runs pure Android and then I get this WTF look; plus it has every connection and feature I was looking for in a headunit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes