Originally Posted by thedrmonkey
The thing is I'm only installing a few apps from the Asteroid Market (less than 5). I don't want to give up on this headunit since it's hilarious to tell people my radio runs pure Android and then I get this WTF look; plus it has every connection and feature I was looking for in a headunit.
You should know that it really isn't the quantity of the apps but the space they take up on the internal storage. Besides, there's not that much room to begin with; a total of 376MB for internal storage is almost already filled up with the pre-install software. You might be able to alleviate your Black Lagoon problems by moving your 5 applications onto the SD Card. Especially, if one or more of those apps are navigation packages with offline maps. It doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise, I would suspect there's a problem with internal flash memory and you should have the unit replaced before the warranty expires.
Originally Posted by hoppy_barzed
ok, make sense.
I have just downloaded the latest version of the file:
you can download it here: http://sdrv.ms/1dilYEb (remove spaces, I am new to the forum and can't post links)
let me know if you need something else
Alright, I found an interesting startup script for the SCT. The path inside the archive is "FileSystem\system\etc\set_adb_usb.sh"
# Author: Yann Sionneau <[email protected]>
# This script is called by a udev rule when a cable is plugged in USB0 port.
# This script sets adb.tcp.port to -1 meaning that ADB will then listen on USB
# instead of TCP/IP.
# Then this script will restart adbd service
if [ -f /tmp/cache/others/adb_usb ]
This leads me to believe the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is running over TCP by default, sort of like on the original Google TV. So, you might be able to download the Android Developer Tools
. Unzip it, and then at the command line use "platform-tools\adb connect <IP.address.of.SCT>" to connect to your SCT and install third party apps by either using "platform-tools\adb install <package_name>" or use the GUI, "\tools\monitor.bat" Either than or try and figure out which port on the SCT is USB 0 which turns into a ADB port when something is connected to it.
On a side note, I'm a little tired of having to respond to people about giving access to the SCT software when it is already available. The download is listed above, I fixed the link to make it even easier. All anyone needs to extract the files from the archive is the plftool that loveshackdave created and mentioned in this post.
Originally Posted by loveshackdave
Okay, I've posted the binaries and source for my .NET plftool project here. I've handled the symlink sections by simply creating a file called [filename].simlink that contains the section data. The should be fine for rebuilding the plf file. I've still got to handle the file permissions byte and figure out what the 2 unknown uint's are in the file_action header. the permissions shouldn't be too much of an issue, I'm thinking of creating a filesystem meta-data file that will hold all this information for rebuilding, unless anyone has any better ideas.
Basically, download, unzip, and go into the command line, the binaries directory and use the command syntax, "plftool -i <input_file> -o <output_directory>"
And please take the time to thank hoppy_barzed for hosting it for us and for loveshackdave for providing the tool to use it.