FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(car audio) Parrot ASTEROID Smart

223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th September 2013, 07:38 PM |#1141  
thedrmonkey's Avatar
Member
Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Ever since I read this, I had been curious about it. I sort of imagined a small cartoon-like creature but its not. It happened to me today when I was installing Volvo SCT apps on the Smart. In my case, I think it had to with the limited internal storage capacity. If you are installing lots of applications, the default destination is on the internal storage. You might want to start moving them off to the SD Card.

Apparently, the path to the image is /etc/datavolm.bmp and here are the three different versions.

The thing is I'm only installing a few apps from the Asteroid Market (less than 5). I don't want to give up on this headunit since it's hilarious to tell people my radio runs pure Android and then I get this WTF look; plus it has every connection and feature I was looking for in a headunit.
 
 
16th September 2013, 09:12 PM |#1142  
Bikegeek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Swype Beta expired on 09/14/2013. Any way to get Swype working?

Never mind, went with Swiftkey.
17th September 2013, 02:00 AM |#1143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Extended Volume Widget
All,

I have created an extended volume widget the models an ACTUAL VOLUME KNOB. I was so frustrated with not having a knob... I was also frustrated with not being able to change tracks or toggle play pause. Just swipe from the right of the screen to activate.

Current Features:
Auto Starts at Boot
Swipe from right of screen to activate
Touch sensitive volume knob
Play/Pause Toggle
Previous/Next Track buttons
Activate from ANYWHERE (it is always running), and not have to close your current app...

Upcoming Features:
Show track meta data
Configuration options with to change swipe location to either left or bottom
Option to activate via a button
Color options?

If you have any other suggestions let me know.

Here is a link to a youtube demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgCPrTySN9s
Attached Files
File Type: apk AsteroidVolumeExtended.apk - [Click for QR Code] (767.7 KB, 78 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamieb122 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamieb122 Ad-Free
17th September 2013, 03:06 AM |#1144  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrmonkey

The thing is I'm only installing a few apps from the Asteroid Market (less than 5). I don't want to give up on this headunit since it's hilarious to tell people my radio runs pure Android and then I get this WTF look; plus it has every connection and feature I was looking for in a headunit.

You should know that it really isn't the quantity of the apps but the space they take up on the internal storage. Besides, there's not that much room to begin with; a total of 376MB for internal storage is almost already filled up with the pre-install software. You might be able to alleviate your Black Lagoon problems by moving your 5 applications onto the SD Card. Especially, if one or more of those apps are navigation packages with offline maps. It doesn't hurt to try. Otherwise, I would suspect there's a problem with internal flash memory and you should have the unit replaced before the warranty expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy_barzed

ok, make sense.
I have just downloaded the latest version of the file:
you can download it here: http://sdrv.ms/1dilYEb (remove spaces, I am new to the forum and can't post links)

let me know if you need something else

Alright, I found an interesting startup script for the SCT. The path inside the archive is "FileSystem\system\etc\set_adb_usb.sh"
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Author: Yann Sionneau <[email protected]>
#
# This script is called by a udev rule when a cable is plugged in USB0 port.
# This script sets adb.tcp.port to -1 meaning that ADB will then listen on USB
# instead of TCP/IP.
# Then this script will restart adbd service

export PATH=/system/bin:/system/xbin

if [ -f /tmp/cache/others/adb_usb ]
then
	exit 0
fi

touch /tmp/cache/others/adb_usb

setprop 
service.adb.tcp.port -1

stop adbd
start adbd
This leads me to believe the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is running over TCP by default, sort of like on the original Google TV. So, you might be able to download the Android Developer Tools. Unzip it, and then at the command line use "platform-tools\adb connect <IP.address.of.SCT>" to connect to your SCT and install third party apps by either using "platform-tools\adb install <package_name>" or use the GUI, "\tools\monitor.bat" Either than or try and figure out which port on the SCT is USB 0 which turns into a ADB port when something is connected to it.

On a side note, I'm a little tired of having to respond to people about giving access to the SCT software when it is already available. The download is listed above, I fixed the link to make it even easier. All anyone needs to extract the files from the archive is the plftool that loveshackdave created and mentioned in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshackdave

Okay, I've posted the binaries and source for my .NET plftool project here. I've handled the symlink sections by simply creating a file called [filename].simlink that contains the section data. The should be fine for rebuilding the plf file. I've still got to handle the file permissions byte and figure out what the 2 unknown uint's are in the file_action header. the permissions shouldn't be too much of an issue, I'm thinking of creating a filesystem meta-data file that will hold all this information for rebuilding, unless anyone has any better ideas.

Basically, download, unzip, and go into the command line, the binaries directory and use the command syntax, "plftool -i <input_file> -o <output_directory>"

And please take the time to thank hoppy_barzed for hosting it for us and for loveshackdave for providing the tool to use it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
17th September 2013, 04:24 AM |#1145  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Hard Drive Noise
Anyone notice noise from an external hard drive?

I hear a lot of hard drive wine from my drive.
17th September 2013, 01:52 PM |#1146  
getiem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Alright, I found an interesting startup script for the SCT. The path inside the archive is "FileSystem\system\etc\set_adb_usb.sh"


Nice, we are following you if and how you succeed to get ADB working on SCT.

About the files inside the SCT update plf: Lots of interesting stuf. gps_firmware.bin, tomtom still in whitelist.xml. Hopefully we get soon a way to add own .apk files to the SCT system.
17th September 2013, 09:17 PM |#1147  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
I succeeded in connecting to SCT over ADB. ADB is indeed enabled over TCP/IP by default. So I tried to install an apk:

Code:
C:\android\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130911\sdk\platform-tools>adb install c:\android\apk\Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
285 KB/s (2124410 bytes in 7.265s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
Hmm, this didn't work. The logcat output:


Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 2786): creating instr width table
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): Calling main entry com.android.commands.pm.Pm
D/dalvikvm( 2041): GC_EXPLICIT freed 10K, 50% free 2735K/5379K, external 2801K/3132K, paused 44ms
W/ActivityManager( 1366): No content provider found for:
W/ActivityManager( 1366): No content provider found for:
D/PackageParser( 1366): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl-1074467422.tmp
W/PackageParser( 1366): Signatures files not found.
D/PackageManager( 1366): Scanning package com.alephzain.framaroot
W/PackageParser( 1366): Signatures files not found.
W/PackageManager( 1366): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.alephzain.framaroot-1.apk
It looks like it's searching for a specific file. This is probably because installation from Unknown Sources is disabled, and I can't enable it in the sqlite database because it's not readable without root. Hmm, chicken and egg problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnie_w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnie_w Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 12:02 AM |#1148  
donaldta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 461
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie_w

I succeeded in connecting to SCT over ADB. ADB is indeed enabled over TCP/IP by default. So I tried to install an apk:

Code:
C:\android\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20130911\sdk\platform-tools>adb install c:\android\apk\Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
285 KB/s (2124410 bytes in 7.265s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Framaroot-1.6.0.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK]
Hmm, this didn't work. The logcat output:
Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 2786): creating instr width table
D/AndroidRuntime( 2786): Calling main entry com.android.commands.pm.Pm
D/dalvikvm( 2041): GC_EXPLICIT freed 10K, 50% free 2735K/5379K, external 2801K/3132K, paused 44ms
W/ActivityManager( 1366): No content provider found for:
W/ActivityManager( 1366): No content provider found for:
D/PackageParser( 1366): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl-1074467422.tmp
W/PackageParser( 1366): Signatures files not found.
D/PackageManager( 1366): Scanning package com.alephzain.framaroot
W/PackageParser( 1366): Signatures files not found.
W/PackageManager( 1366): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.alephzain.framaroot-1.apk
It looks like it's searching for a specific file. This is probably because installation from Unknown Sources is disabled, and I can't enable it in the sqlite database because it's not readable without root. Hmm, chicken and egg problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, let's try installing something a little more legitimate than Framaroot first, since that absolutely needs the "unknown sources" to be enabled. We might have to learn how to crawl before we can run.

It seems like it is looking for the package's signature file. Try something like ESFileExplorer_120.apk or another Android Market app which should have the proper signatures inside of it. I tested it myself on the Asteroid Smart by uninstalling ES File Explorer, disabling "Unknown Sources", rebooting it, and then re-installing it via ADB.

Otherwise try other things such as "adb remount" which remounts the rootfs as writeable, "adb push <package_name.apk> /data/app" this attempts to copy the packing into the user's install directory, "adb push <package_name.apk> /data/system" this attempts to copy the package into the system. If you're used to linux command line then play around with "adb shell" to see what opportunities exists. Is this where you tried "sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db"? If you can't do it directly, maybe copy settings.db to the sdcard and use sqlite3 to edit it then copy the modified version over? Unfortunately, I don't have a SCT so we'll need someone with one that can tinker with linux/android to help find a way.
18th September 2013, 12:55 AM |#1149  
santu001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Thanks donalddta and johnnie for trying to sort this out! Eagerly awaiting if we'll be able to improve on SCT... or at least get something out of it!
18th September 2013, 03:49 AM |#1150  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Google Play Music
Hey folks you've already been an immense help in getting Play Service working on my Smart. However, I'm running into just one new issue. Google Play Music thinks I'm offline. It will load up all my music but it appears grayed out and when I click on it it tells me I'm offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
18th September 2013, 07:57 AM |#1151  
getiem's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Since we are getting more development on the Volvo SCT system and it differs in Hard- and Software from the Parrot Asteroid Smart, it may be usefull to open a separate topic here?

Would be better to bundle the stuff of Volvo SCT.

Who will start a new topic with some base info from this topic copied? Can a moderator split SCT postings to a different topic?

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by getiem

Since we are getting more development on the Volvo SCT system and it differs in Hard- and Software from the Parrot Asteroid Smart, it may be usefull to open a separate topic here?

Would be better to bundle the stuff of Volvo SCT.

Who will start a new topic with some base info from this topic copied? Can a moderator split SCT postings to a different topic?

I opened a new topic about Volvo SCT
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post45695718
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes