Thanks Meter: 10,502

By thecubed, Inactive Recognized Developer on 18th September 2013, 04:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2013, 05:50 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

I dont have the phone (yet) but thanks for rootz!

You should get it (now)

Also on topic, you need something from every version or just want to know if it works?

18th September 2013, 05:53 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Guys im about to get this version soon LG G2 F320S LTE-A 4G LTE,its the korean version of the phone.Does the root works with this version too?Or if not is there any root that works?I hate on screen buttons and the 1st think i want to do when i get it,is to hide them lol
18th September 2013, 05:59 AM |#13  
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 407

Donate to Me
More
Thanks man! I swear I remember you from the Revolution days and trying to figure out recovery on that thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to stetsonaw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stetsonaw Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 06:02 AM |#14  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverdALIEN

what happened to the other thread (which links to this one) in which there were t-mobile variant rooting instructions? i mean i know what happened, they were deleted but why?

The other thread contained a link to a root that could possibly compromise your phone's security (and your desktop too, since there's all sorts of other stuff in those exe files).

If someone pops into the #lg-g2 chan with a TMO phone I'll gladly support TMO as well!

If you did happen to use the old root, I'd recommend restoring your phone back to stock with the TOT / KDZ files before applying this root.
The Following User Says Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 06:03 AM |#15  
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetsonaw

Thanks man! I swear I remember you from the Revolution days and trying to figure out recovery on that thing!

You got this phone too? Join #lg-g2 ! It'll be like old times!
The Following User Says Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 06:05 AM |#16  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef3j

Most definitely thanks, I see I have USB debugging on but am not sure what is meant by:

command prompt and type adb devices, you should see your Serial Number and online.

Command prompt from where?

Thanks...

Mike

You need to have the android sdk installed on your computer. I find it easier to use a distro of linux but windows is fine too. Find android sdk install and make sure adb is in the /platform-tools folder. Then run this adb devices cmd with your phone attached via usb and if it works you should have an rsa security pop up on your phone you have to allow. Then your phone is connected via adb.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Wesley32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wesley32 Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 06:07 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubed

The other thread contained a link to a root that could possibly compromise your phone's security (and your desktop too, since there's all sorts of other stuff in those exe files).

If someone pops into the #lg-g2 chan with a TMO phone I'll gladly support TMO as well!

If you did happen to use the old root, I'd recommend restoring your phone back to stock with the TOT / KDZ files before applying this root.

how does one "pop into the #lg-g2 chan" ? i have a tmo g2 and i'm no dev or hacker but i'm clever and have been rooting and customizing since 4.0.

all i really want at this point is the ability to remove the bloatware and then possibly unroot
18th September 2013, 06:20 AM |#18  
Flag Eagle Mountain
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverdALIEN

how does one "pop into the #lg-g2 chan" ? i have a tmo g2 and i'm no dev or hacker but i'm clever and have been rooting and customizing since 4.0.

An easy way would be going here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#lg-g2 putting in a username, filling out the captcha and then connect.
18th September 2013, 06:52 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubed

Sorry... can you please explain how to do this? Or at least point me towards the right posts?
18th September 2013, 07:04 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 746

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1

What can we do if we rooted with that weird Chinese exe?

How can I unroot so that I can use this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertwiz

Sorry... can you please explain how to do this? Or at least point me towards the right posts?

You will need to go back to stock, and then reroot with this rooter.

If you are on VZW ONLY, follow my guide here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448960

if you are on anything else, this guide is better to follow, but I had issues with the first section (which is why I wrote my VZW-specific guide) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WACOMalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WACOMalt Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 08:24 AM |#21  
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
I'll be updating the OP shortly with a TMO version soon too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thecubed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thecubed Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)