[9/21]Roms That Work With SafeStrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sbollero

Aug 16, 2010
Elkhart
I know this goes somewhere else but GPE ROM states that Google now doesn't have a network connection when I hold the home button. this happens on Wi-Fi and lte. Everything else works great...

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I was able to install (Slot 1 at 2Gb) hyperdrive (chose stock kernel) and then flash the ME7 kernel file. Hyperdrive is working good so far.

after a dozen attempts, hyperdrive is up and running now. The key I think on the install is to uncheck "reboot" at the end of the flash so it goes right back into SS so kernel patch can be flashed...then reboot system

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
How big do the Rom slots need to be? In GB.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Here was my rough guess for what size to make your data slot:

1gb data is normally only for a testing slot. More than say 30+ apps and you'll be pretty full. (Games are larger than other apps). Of course with the system being 2.8gb, having a smaller data like this doesn't make as much sense. On other devices the system partition is much smaller (600mb) and making a small data allows for several test slots which hardly take up any room

2gb data should work for most users. And that's what I use as it should allow for 2 slots to be created this way.

3gb data is for power users. This large of a virtual partition can be unstable on some devices. Not sure yet on the S4.

Sent from VZW S4

sbollero

Aug 16, 2010
Elkhart
after a dozen attempts, hyperdrive is up and running now. The key I think on the install is to uncheck "reboot" at the end of the flash so it goes right back into SS so kernel patch can be flashed...then reboot system

You can choose up to 10 zips to queue up to be flashed in a row. I chose gpe.zip first then added the Wi-Fi fix. It did it before it rebooted automatically.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

1gb data is normally only for a testing slot. More than say 30+ apps and you'll be pretty full. (Games are larger than other apps). Of course with the system being 2.8gb, having a smaller data like this doesn't make as much sense. On other devices the system partition is much smaller (600mb) and making a small data allows for several test slots which hardly take up any room

2gb data should work for most users. And that's what I use as it should allow for 2 slots to be created this way.

3gb data is for power users. This large of a virtual partition can be unstable on some devices. Not sure yet on the S4.

Sent from VZW S4

After flashing a ROM in rom-slot 1, could I use the same 2 gb partition (a portion of the left over) for a test rom on rom-slot 2? Is that what you do?

Z.Z.Z.

Aug 31, 2013
After creating a roms-slot, whenever i try to wipe data, it says fail everytime.
Can anybody pleeeeze help me cause i really want to install roms????!!!!!

It says

Updating partition details. . .
Wiping data without wiping /data/media . . .
Done.
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs function.
E:Unable to wipe ' /cache' using function call.

sbollero

Aug 16, 2010
Elkhart
After creating a roms-slot, whenever i try to wipe data, it says fail everytime.
Can anybody pleeeeze help me cause i really want to install roms????!!!!!

It says

Updating partition details. . .
Wiping data without wiping /data/media . . .
Done.
Formatting Cache using make_ext4fs function.
E:Unable to wipe ' /cache' using function call.

It doesn't matter. Keep calm and flash on, bro.

Reactions: Z.Z.Z.

zagan131313

Jul 6, 2013
Hey guys I'm currently using eclipse and at first it was just the WiFi that wasn't working but zip fixed it and then my gapps would shut down and that when away after reflashing and now I have a notification saying that the usb storage is damaged. Help please.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: michaelg117

michaelg117

Nov 26, 2010
Tucson
Hey guys I'm currently using eclipse and at first it was just the WiFi that wasn't working but zip fixed it and then my gapps would shut down and that when away after reflashing and now I have a notification saying that the usb storage is damaged. Help please.

Does it say this on your stock too?

Sent from Navi

killajoe

Jul 30, 2013
Pontiac, Michigan
I know this goes somewhere else but GPE ROM states that Google now doesn't have a network connection when I hold the home button. this happens on Wi-Fi and lte. Everything else works great...

Any ideas?

These are for the Verizon Galaxy S4. That's what I'm testing them on so by the looks of your tag your not on Verizon and that is only new variable I can see from here. I am not a developer, Just a serial Flasher. Wish I could help I been Running GPE for almost 8 hours problem free

killajoe

Jul 30, 2013
Pontiac, Michigan

Correct. also says something along the lines of that in OP for future reference. My fault maybe I didnt make it clear enough in the OP. Ill fix

G

GuestK00350

Would you test the MDK Eclipse?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC

Sent from VZW S4

Could you clarify unstable, please?

killajoe

Jul 30, 2013
Pontiac, Michigan

un·sta·ble
ˌənˈstābəl/
adjective
adjective: unstable; comparative adjective: unstabler; superlative adjective: unstablest
prone to change, fail, or give way; not stable.
"the unstable cliff tops"
synonyms:unsteady, rocky, wobbly, tippy; More
antonyms:steady
prone to psychiatric problems or sudden changes of mood.
"he was mentally unstable"
synonyms:unbalanced, of unsound mind, mentally ill, deranged, demented, disturbed, unhinged, volatile; More
antonyms:balanced, of sound mind ;)

Sent From The Future

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
un·sta·ble
ˌənˈstābəl/
adjective
adjective: unstable; comparative adjective: unstabler; superlative adjective: unstablest
synonyms:unbalanced, of unsound mind, mentally ill, deranged, demented, disturbed, unhinged, volatile; More

Sent From The Future

Oh my goodness you must be that guy on TV that makes everybody laugh!

Roland_D

Dec 26, 2010
Newton, NC
Gotta have fun every once and awhile!! No harm intended

Sent From The Future

Aahh don't worry.. I don't get pissed at people online... Just like to bite back when they play the smart asses :D I used to moderate a few forums when I was a kid... Before Facebook and their decline lol... People take themselves too seriously...

My question is still valid tho... What does unstable means cause I made a 3gb partition and it would be good to know what kind of problems I could run into...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I WILL NO LONGER BE SUPPORTING THIS THREAD WITH MY OWN PERSONALLY FOUND INFORMATION. THOUGH IF ANYONE PRESENTS ME WITH NEW ROMS AND PROOF THEY WORK AND LEGIT, ILL GLADLY ADD THEM TO THIS THREAD. JUST MESSAGE OR TAG ME.

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO ROM'S THAT WORK WITH SAFESTRAP ON VERIZON ME7.

COULD THESE ROM's WORK FOR YOU NON VERIZON FOLKS OUT THERE? I DON'T KNOW... I'M ONLY TESTING WITH A VERIZON S4 SO FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Standard Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

First of all none of this would be possible with out @Hashcode. So A BIG THANKS to him!!!!

What is SafeStrap? and Where Can I Find it?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45517751

For Us On Me7 We Can Only Use Roms using the Me7 Kernel

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. DOWMLOAD ROM OF YOUR CHOICE (STILL THINK IT HAS TO BE Me7 BASED)
    2. FLASH ROM (DO NOT REBOOT YET, YOU MUST DO STEP 3 FIRST BEFORE REBOOT)
    3. FLASH HASCODES FIX OVER TOP OF ROM
    ------>
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=507
    4. REBOOT&PROFIT!!!!

***NOTE THESE ARE ROMS I HAVE PERSONALLY "TESTED", IF YOU FIND A ROM THAT DOES OR DOESN'T WORK SUBMIT A LINK TO THAT ROM IN YOUR POST AND ILL TEST IT AND THEN ILL ADD IT THIS LIST***
    TESTED = It Booted, GPS, WIFI and DATA WORK. I Tried a NAVIGATION APP TO CONFIRM GPS LOCK. I CONNECTED TO MY HOME WIFI NETWORK AND USED WHATEVER STOCK BROWSER CAME WITH THAT ROM TO CONNECT TO A WEBSITE and I DID THE SAME OVER CARRIER NETWORK (DATA). I MADE ONE PHONE CALL

ROMS THAT WORK!!!! (IF YOU LIKE ANY OF THESE ROMS DON'T FORGET TO DONATE TO THE ROM CREATORS AND SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR THEIR HARD WORK. MOST OF THE OPs HAVE DONATE LINKS)

***I ONLY CHOOSE STOCK KERNELS WHEN and IF AROMA PRESENTED A CHOICE***
    GOOGLE PLAY EDITION VERIZON ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2343355
    HYPERDRIVE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301724
    ECLIPSE http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...S4-TW-Edition-ME7-Progress-build-01-(8-15-13)
    ECLIPSE GE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363813
    JELLY BEANS BUILD 6 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2307357
    BONESTOCK http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2384362
    SYNERGY ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2319177
    CLEANROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2305781 - 4g Doesn't Work. THIS ROM ONLY

**Below Are Roms You The Community Found To Work**
    **I Have Not Tested Flash With Caution**
    Xtremeperia http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419803

ROMS THAT DONT WORK SO FAR
    AOSP Source Built
    CyanogenMod Nightly

I Made A Video On How To Install A Rom Using SafeStrap. In The Video I'm Installing The Google Play Edition Rom

If You Appreciate the effort I'm Putting In To Make Sure Us with Me7 Have A Complete List Of Working Roms For SS. Please Hit That Thanks Button and Show Me Some Love!!!
    Guide for virgins

I think it would be helpful if one of the guys that have already flashed GPE rom or the Hyperdrive rom to post a video of you booting into safestrap and all the steps you did during the install...that way itll be super helpful for all others..including myself.

The steps are so easy that you don't even need a video.

Copy the ROM and Hashcode's fix ZIPs into your external SD (for convenience).

In rooted stock, install SS.
    Run SS, grant root, hit "Install Recovery".

Reboot (however you one).
    When present with safestrap, hit Menu button.
    Do NOT wipe anything.
    Select Boot Options, select the first ROM slot.
    Select 1GB / 2GB / 3GB depending on how much you have left on your internal SD.
    Create slot (may take 5 mins)
    Since the slot is brand new, no wiping required.

Go to Insall, pick the ROM ZIP file.
    Add more ZIP, pick Hascode's fix ZIP file.
    Process with installation.
    At the end of AROMA installation, make sure to DESELECT the "Reboot" check (if presented).
    As AROMA exits, Hashcode's fix ZIP will be flashed.
    When that's done, hit Reboot System

Enjoy :)
    Hate to be a buzzkill in here folks, but this thread is getting way too close to being a BEST rom thread.

There are plenty of discussions about SS roms in development. It is about time members take the time to read and study and take the time to see what is there.

I am requesting that a committed Recognized Contributor (or Senior Member) create an updated post with a list of (updated) ROMs that are SS ready and be done...questions and answers should be happening in the development threads.

Someone please step up, make the list of ROMs, and let me know, we will create the thread, with links to the works in the development sections, and we can update as needed.
    I have tried the majority of these ROM's but I'm having a hard time deciding which ROM i like the best..

What is everybody's favorite ROM?

Hyperdrive, by a mile.

Sent from my Hyperdriven SCH-I545 Dev Edition using Tapatalk 4.

un·sta·ble
    ˌənˈstābəl/
    adjective

Sent From The Future