Thanks Meter: 308

By devid801, Senior Member on 18th August 2013, 04:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2013, 04:43 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theejay0625

Thanks! Its because i cant see the developer's screen shots.. dont know why.. its just blank.. im using this xda on my tablet.. havent tried using desktop to check xda.. thanks again mate!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Can i install this rom? Im using 4.1.2 australia stock not rooted.. the reason im not rooted cause i've experienced random restarts and bootloop out of nowhere.. does this rom have random restarts?

Sent from my GT-P6200 using XDA Premium HD app

You can flash this rom. Very good. You should first of all do a factory reset(using recovery only , very important dont factory reset from the mobile. it will brick your device). Then You should format your sdcard using recovery. Then you should copy the zip file the developer has given to your sd card and flash it. As for your existing apps and games, use titanium to back up. This way it will be very fresh and I hope you will not get random restarts.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Thanks to you man. This rom is good. But you have left out google keyboard, which was a good addition. The mode "exposed " is good and working properly. Only thing I can't do properly is convert my tab to Tablet UI. If do through exposed, the icons are getting bunching together and even my home screen is messed up. I tried to make it right using the settings in Apex but cant do a good job job of it. Can you suggest a way?
The Following User Says Thank You to seking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seking Ad-Free
18th September 2013, 07:09 PM |#92  
OP Senior Member

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by seking

You can flash this rom. Very good. You should first of all do a factory reset(using recovery only , very important dont factory reset from the mobile. it will brick your device). Then You should format your sdcard using recovery. Then you should copy the zip file the developer has given to your sd card and flash it. As for your existing apps and games, use titanium to back up. This way it will be very fresh and I hope you will not get random restarts.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Thanks to you man. This rom is good. But you have left out google keyboard, which was a good addition. The mode "exposed " is good and working properly. Only thing I can't do properly is convert my tab to Tablet UI. If do through exposed, the icons are getting bunching together and even my home screen is messed up. I tried to make it right using the settings in Apex but cant do a good job job of it. Can you suggest a way?

Rom Exclusive 1.6 upload now : added Toggle AOSP Lockscreen , added Dolphin Browser HD whit flashplayer support, removed Chrome browser , added TouchPal X 5.4.5 - Ultra gesture keyboard , removed Google keyboard , added Multi CSC support , removed Google Camera 4.3 .
Just completed upload I'll add the link to the download version 1.6...Thanks for the support..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to devid801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devid801 Ad-Free
19th September 2013, 02:30 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
[QUOTE=seking;45706543]You can flash this rom. Very good. You should first of all do a factory reset(using recovery only , very important dont factory reset from the mobile. it will brick your device). Then You should format your sdcard using recovery. Then you should copy the zip file the developer has given to your sd card and flash it. As for your existing apps and games, use titanium to back up. This way it will be very fresh and I hope you will not get random restarts.[COLOR="Silver"]

first of all thanks for the steps on how to flash this rom.. factory reset from mobile is not safe? i thought that the brick is fixed in JB? hehe anyway.. so first i should install CWM then flash the root to be able to use titanium back up.. then format sdcard from recovery.. is factory reset just like wipe cache and wipe partition? then u said that i should copy the zip from the developer.. should i use a sdcard adpater to transfer just use the tab as media device just after factory reset from recovery? im really sorry for my many questions.. im really scared to install roms on my tab because it my phone and our internet connection at home.. and ofcourse i dont have the money to get a new phone.. hehe sorry!
19th September 2013, 03:13 PM |#94  

More
[QUOTE=theejay0625;45733510]
Quote:

You can flash this rom. Very good. You should first of all do a factory reset(using recovery only , very important dont factory reset from the mobile. it will brick your device). Then You should format your sdcard using recovery. Then you should copy the zip file the developer has given to your sd card and flash it. As for your existing apps and games, use titanium to back up. This way it will be very fresh and I hope you will not get random restarts.[COLOR="Silver"]

first of all thanks for the steps on how to flash this rom.. factory reset from mobile is not safe? i thought that the brick is fixed in JB? hehe anyway.. so first i should install CWM then flash the root to be able to use titanium back up.. then format sdcard from recovery.. is factory reset just like wipe cache and wipe partition? then u said that i should copy the zip from the developer.. should i use a sdcard adpater to transfer just use the tab as media device just after factory reset from recovery? im really sorry for my many questions.. im really scared to install roms on my tab because it my phone and our internet connection at home.. and ofcourse i dont have the money to get a new phone.. hehe sorry!

Nobody knows for sure if brick is fixed in JB. So dont take risk. The following are the steps you need to take
  1. Flash Recovery
  2. . do back up from recovery to external sd card
  3. reboot tab
  4. install titanium
  5. back up apps and sms and contacts using titanium. you can install sms back up restore and do back up of sms
  6. reboot to recovery
  7. factory reset
  8. format sd card from recovery
  9. reboot tab
  10. copy the downloaded zip to tablet (not to sd card)
  11. reboot to recovery ( i hope you know how( power + volume up))
  12. flash the zip
  13. reboot and enter wifi details and email details
  14. install titanium
  15. using titanium restore from back up
  16. if you play heavy games, back up their folders which are in android/data/ folder after 3rd step and now copy those backed up folders again to android/data.
The Following User Says Thank You to seking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seking Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 07:09 AM |#95  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 643

More
Brick has been fixed for a long time if you do not use OEM recovery. Clearing memory from CWM or TWRP recovery will never trigger the brick bug.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DigitalMD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DigitalMD Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 09:38 AM |#96  
OP Senior Member

More
Angry
Rom_Aroma_Exclusive_v1.6 is ready ! Changelog in main Thread....Now that the rom is stable I start working on the creation of P6210 rom.Thanks
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to devid801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devid801 Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 01:08 PM |#97  

More
Smile main changes in version 1.6
As post your post the main changes between version 1.5 and 1.6 is [*]multi csc[*]TouchPal keyboard[*]dolphin browser

Of the than this is there is there any other change?

The above is for determining whether to download and change everything? As it is I am happy with version 1.5.
20th September 2013, 03:38 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

As post your post the main changes between version 1.5 and 1.6 is [*]multi csc[*]TouchPal keyboard[*]dolphin browser

Of the than this is there is there any other change?

The above is for determining whether to download and change everything? As it is I am happy with version 1.5.

Yes is correct,I made minor changes ,browser,keyboard,CSC...Toggle Aosp lockscreen.....
The Following User Says Thank You to devid801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devid801 Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 12:28 AM |#99  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Any 4shared mirror?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
21st September 2013, 01:42 AM |#100  
Flag Corona, CA
Thanks Meter: 469

Donate to Me
More
Thanks bro trying 1.6 now. Edit: found tablet ui in closed settings. Thanks.

Also where is multi window? Thanks.
21st September 2013, 09:06 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

Thanks bro trying 1.6 now. Edit: found tablet ui in closed settings. Thanks.

Also where is multi window? Thanks.

Problem with multiwindow is Fc phone.apk, error Activity java com/sec/phone window manager service...folder locate in android.policy.jar ....i have before tried with firmware stock and this mod. but the problem remains..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devid801 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devid801 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)