20th September 2013, 01:16 PM |#711  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys
Thanks Meter: 2,588

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasba

That's what I thought would be the case, and that my screen layout would be empty, but after flashing the kernel all of my apps were all still on the screen where they were before I flashed the kernel.

If I have to reinstall everything then so be it.

If they were all still on the screen you didn't set up the card correctly and it fell back to using the normal data partition.

20th September 2013, 01:42 PM |#712  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumpster

If they were all still on the screen you didn't set up the card correctly and it fell back to using the normal data partition.

In my own round about way that's what i was getting at in the first place!

could it be that the class 4 card caused this to happen? as I said I set partition 1 to be fat32 and partition 2 to be ext4. I'm going to try again when the class 10 turns up today but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.
20th September 2013, 01:44 PM |#713  
Flag Worthing, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Hi, im on hairy bean 2.2 and want to go to 2.31 - I just want to be sure that ive understood right that basically i just need the full hairybean package from the Op and thats all?
thanks!
20th September 2013, 02:00 PM |#714  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasba

In my own round about way that's what i was getting at in the first place!

could it be that the class 4 card caused this to happen? as I said I set partition 1 to be fat32 and partition 2 to be ext4. I'm going to try again when the class 10 turns up today but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

I have no idea what you did mate. Make sure both partitions are set to primary and a lot of people say that minitool does not work for them correctly and to use gparted.

That's all I can tell you.
20th September 2013, 02:00 PM |#715  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke84

Hi, im on hairy bean 2.2 and want to go to 2.31 - I just want to be sure that ive understood right that basically i just need the full hairybean package from the Op and thats all?
thanks!

Get the bootloader upgrade and flash that first then the full rom.

Instructions are all in OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flumpster Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 02:08 PM |#716  
Flag Worthing, UK
Thanks Meter: 1,197

More
Quote:

Get the bootloader upgrade and flash that first then the full rom.

Instructions are all in OP.

thank you, sorry i miss-read OP i thought the upgrade was a ROM upgrade patch for people on 2.30 etc.
thanks again!
21st September 2013, 08:24 PM |#717  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys

Donate to Me
More
Just a quick update.

There is nothing really going on at the moment. I don't really see a point in updating the rom where it is the smoothest it has ever been for me and the testers.

I could update a few apps etc but not much point when I think that 4.3 should be released soon from Asus for either the tf300 or tf700.

Once we get a new base I will get to work on Hairybean 3.0 and no doubt 3.01 will follow about 2 weeks after lol.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flumpster Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 06:22 AM |#718  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Just a quick update.

There is nothing really going on at the moment. I don't really see a point in updating the rom where it is the smoothest it has ever been for me and the testers.

I could update a few apps etc but not much point when I think that 2.3 should be released soon from Asus for either the tf300 or tf700.

Once we get a new base I will get to work on Hairybean 3.0 and no doubt 3.01 will follow about 2 weeks after lol.

Hi,

You mentioned you got a newer kernel that's even more power efficient. Did you release it, i.e. after HB officially went 2.31, did you release a newer kernel? I don't think I missed anything.

All in all, you deserve to take a break, buddy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4
22nd September 2013, 04:10 PM |#719  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklm1234

Hi,

You mentioned you got a newer kernel that's even more power efficient. Did you release it, i.e. after HB officially went 2.31, did you release a newer kernel? I don't think I missed anything.

All in all, you deserve to take a break, buddy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

The version I tested seemed to have a dock drain so I went back to using the one that is included in 2.31.

That kernel seems to be working fine for all of us and if anyone is getting any problems with it then I would suggest using the stock kernel and seeing if the problem still persists.

We will need a completely new kernel once 4.3 is released so what we have for now I think is good enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to flumpster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flumpster Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 01:21 AM |#720  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I looked through the thread but could not find any info on this....I came from Androwook 1.51 and i just installed 2.3.1 seemingly with no issues. However I have a Asus update notification that states there is a pad firmware update available. Should i install this or will this be a mistake?

I thought we would be off the firmware gravy train with a JB port rom....confused.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
23rd September 2013, 01:27 AM |#721  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rhondda Valleys

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theryanfoley

I looked through the thread but could not find any info on this....I came from Androwook 1.51 and i just installed 2.3.1 seemingly with no issues. However I have a Asus update notification that states there is a pad firmware update available. Should i install this or will this be a mistake?

I thought we would be off the firmware gravy train with a JB port rom....confused.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

They are firmware updates that are not part of the OS but included in the rom. They upgrade hardware like the dock etc.

They are fine to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)