[GB/JB] ***Feralab*** Discussion Thread - Break The Limits...

Do you want Ferat to make a Rom / Firmware that looks and feels like Xperia Z3 / Z4?

• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5204328

hey guys this my 1st attempt to install custom rom ....my 1st choice it's FeraLab GB v30 :victory:

so i follow pre installation steps like:
1.root
2.install xrecovery
3.make a backup

now i wanna proceed with main installation but i don't undestand this

how do i know if a have any bootloader (locked or unlocked)?

now if it's locked can i go directly install the rom?
because installation steps are not quite for newbies like me (sorry but every must start with something)!

i ride SE xperia x10i GB 2.3.3 baseband 2.1.71

If this is your first attemtp at installing a custom ROM, then you still have a locked bootloader.
First, install FeraKernel-GB-v12.1(LockedBootloaders).zip via xRecovery.
Reboot and install the ROM you downloaded.
Now, sometime during the installation process, it will ask if you are on locked/unlocked bootloader.
Select 'Locked'.
Continue with installation.

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
I will make a little announce. For futher and better development, I need x10, because I don't have it for almost half a year. So I have a question, if anybody from Turkey, Istanbul, can give me x10. Name the price here. And leave phone number please. Thank you.

JeySee

Apr 14, 2011
Berlin
Hi there Fera Fans & Friends!
I've succeeded in buying a nice, good working X10 for our Great Developer Master Fera :cool:
I payed already the price of 71+4,90 € & as soon as I have it, I'll post it to Istanbul, so Fera can do what he's best of doing with this X10!!!
If you like You can donate something towards me & be part of helping Fera ;getting back his beloved X10
PayPal account: jseehaus@gmail.com

Best regards

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380041045894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380041045894.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 288

MAdbUSU

Aug 22, 2013
If this is your first attemtp at installing a custom ROM, then you still have a locked bootloader.
First, install FeraKernel-GB-v12.1(LockedBootloaders).zip via xRecovery.
Reboot and install the ROM you downloaded.
Now, sometime during the installation process, it will ask if you are on locked/unlocked bootloader.
Select 'Locked'.
Continue with installation.

i miss something .....because i get this when i try to install kernel from xrecovery menu
i choose install custom zip
E: can't mount SDCARD:APLICATII/ferakernel-gb-v12.1(lockedbootloaders).zip
instalation aborded.

any clue?

MAdbUSU

Aug 22, 2013
== Installation Requipments ==:

-- If you're on Unlocked bootloader, you need latest FlashTool and device drivers (included in flashtool).
-- If you're on Locked bootloader, you need xRecovey which can also be installed by FlashTool (automated mode). You have to be Rooted first.
-- Baseband 71 (Use SEUS to update to latest official firmware).

== Installation Instruction ==:

FOR LOCKED BOOTLOADERS:
-- Download ZIP file called nearly same as [LB]FeraKernel-GB-xxx.zip and copy it to SDcard.
-- Boot to xRecovery and flash zip(all drivers are already in kernel zip).
-- Reboot your device twice and you're done.

i follow fera instruction.....why i need flash tool?

Last edited:

JeySee

Apr 14, 2011
Berlin
I think Kernel is included in Rom for locked bootloader & the zip file if mentioned by Fera has to be installed threw xrecovery, than you should do that.
I'm sorry if I couldn't help, you should unlock your BL it's worth it and really easy! Just use your flashtool to unblock it. Anyway, someone else might know more that hasn't unlocked their BL and will help you!
Good luck

MAdbUSU

Aug 22, 2013
not on the right track

so after i read around my error http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16381443
"E: can't mount SDCARD:APLICATII/ferakernel-gb-v12.1(lockedbootloaders).zip
installation aborted. "

i start in recovery i connect thru shell and i run this script
rm -r /sdcard
mkdir sdcard
chmod 777 sdcard

then i choose install custom zip ->ferakernel-gb-v12.1(lockedbootloaders).zip
installation started but after 4 commands lines installation stops...
i reeebot the phone ...it's start after loog time logo screen .... i think it's working...i need some suggestion to move on.

Attachments

• P1080484.jpg
    P1080484.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 185
D

Deleted member 5204328

Battery Issue!

My battery is really acting up lately, with the phone shutting down whilst it is showing over 80% charge.
In an attempt to see if it's the ROM/kernel, I fully restored the phone to stock via SEUS to no avail.
I even got a newish battery for the X10, but it still does the same thing.
The phone has been severely water damaged (LCD had to be replaced as a result, but everything else seems to work fine)
Could the water damage have damaged something on the phone itself?
I'm at my wits end :(
I also tried a PAC ROM, but the phone still has abnormally fast battery drain (though it doesn't power off by itself)
I have to have a working X10 that must last for more than 0.5 femtoseconds :(
I'm only getting an Z1 by the end of the year, and no replacement can be afforded at this moment in time :(
Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

JeySee

Apr 14, 2011
Berlin
My battery is really acting up lately, with the phone shutting down whilst it is showing over 80% charge.
In an attempt to see if it's the ROM/kernel, I fully restored the phone to stock via SEUS to no avail.
I even got a newish battery for the X10, but it still does the same thing.
The phone has been severely water damaged (LCD had to be replaced as a result, but everything else seems to work fine)
Could the water damage have damaged something on the phone itself?
I'm at my wits end :(
I also tried a PAC ROM, but the phone still has abnormally fast battery drain (though it doesn't power off by itself)
I have to have a working X10 that must last for more than 0.5 femtoseconds :(
I'm only getting an Z1 by the end of the year, and no replacement can be afforded at this moment in time :(
Any ideas?

I´d try a Clean install (repairment with pccompanion) down to stock android. Or try callibrating your battery--search xda--.

If this hasn´t got anything to do with the Rom installed but is hardware issue (because of waterdamage) than I advise You one very risky method, which is totally on Your own responsibility. (Don´t come crying to me, if this method destroys Your Phone)
I had a hard bricked phone once & nothing could get my phone back alife again, not even the repairment store.
So i searched some Youtube videos & after performing the instructions, it worked again.
This should realy be Your last way out...

To get Your phone into parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1EpuHdgUL0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To maybe fix something, probably unfixable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt0NeZazfZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I did it without foil & tried it twice for approx 9-10 min.

GOOOOOOD Luck :good:

D

Deleted member 5204328

I´d try a Clean install (repairment with pccompanion) down to stock android. Or try callibrating your battery--search xda--.

If this hasn´t got anything to do with the Rom installed but is hardware issue (because of waterdamage) than I advise You one very risky method, which is totally on Your own responsibility. (Don´t come crying to me, if this method destroys Your Phone)
I had a hard bricked phone once & nothing could get my phone back alife again, not even the repairment store.
So i searched some Youtube videos & after performing the instructions, it worked again.
This should realy be Your last way out...

To get Your phone into parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1EpuHdgUL0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

To maybe fix something, probably unfixable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt0NeZazfZc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I did it without foil & tried it twice for approx 9-10 min.

GOOOOOOD Luck :good:

I did a clean install from PC Companion (no idea why I said SEUS)
I already tried to recalibrate the battery using many methods, but also to no avail :(

It looks too risky for me. I don't want to break my only Android device!

D

Deleted member 5204328

IDreadman

Mar 15, 2012
so after i read around my error http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16381443
"E: can't mount SDCARD:APLICATII/ferakernel-gb-v12.1(lockedbootloaders).zip
installation aborted. "

i start in recovery i connect thru shell and i run this script
rm -r /sdcard
mkdir sdcard
chmod 777 sdcard

then i choose install custom zip ->ferakernel-gb-v12.1(lockedbootloaders).zip
installation started but after 4 commands lines installation stops...
i reeebot the phone ...it's start after loog time logo screen .... i think it's working...i need some suggestion to move on.

hi

I flashed FeraKernel v12.1 LB & had the same "installation aborted" but when I reboot Fera's boot animanation appeared & I went in recovery & flashed rom GB v30, waited 3 min & reboot again & waited 2 min after that I configure phone. Now been using for 3 days & everything is okay, I have installed a few apps & games. I'm on LB & was using Donut HD 2 .29 before. Hope this helps.

1 LOVE

Reactions: MAdbUSU

MAdbUSU

Aug 22, 2013
i make 2 times factory reset and after...

I reboot the phone 3-4 times i got the same SE animation, i check in settings for kernel version its the same... the problem it's the phone it's very laggy and wifi not working i got error on status.

now i have a phone which it's not smart anymore :p

i still waiting for some suggestion

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MAdbUSU

Aug 22, 2013
Finally I did it.... I'm on feralab rom with v12 feralab kernel.... just wanna say thank you for this awesome rom.... for me it's really a big improve. It's very fast and stable. :)

I'm really happy with this rom. :)

Questions
It's normally to shoot down @ 20%? :confused:
Any clue why phone doesn't ring with phone speakers when i have connected ear headphones it's ring only in ear headphones? with stock 2.3.3 works

p.s. how can I make screenshot ? :rolleyes: .....found it :D

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody. v11 will be a bit delayed cuz i'm a bit busy and i have toi study and feeling a bit thick and also i want to fix all bugs and due to i'm still trying to import lockscreen music widget. but rom is already rocking. new beautifull effects and overall view.. trying to make it stable with all the things it have also doing some experiments with kernel and bttery. was reading linux wiki a bit).
    about the discussion of my rom.
    I don't f***ing care what you say about it.First and first of all I make this rom for myself..to make it loved by me firstly, because when you do something for yourself, you will do it much better then for anybody else... so after i make any version for me), i juxt share it with you.. share with my work... but of cours i don't make it completely for me. I'm reading every post and try to make this rom good for all (including me) using your suggestions and wishes..watching to your bugreports. and i want to thank you all for that.Of course after every release i'm being nervous reading every post refreshing the page and waiting for users reactions..if they like what i've done or not. and of cource i'm getting sad when see that someone is not satisfied or got wlods for ex... or simply can't install properly...and also i'm gettig happy and glad when i see happy people. i like to make people happy...not sad... and not only with making roms... in real life...just go and smile to the stranger outside and make him a bit happy. So I share my work with you not to make you sad. some peaple when flash rom..start to find firstly bugs..not it's advances..and they start to think that's buggy rom withiout continuing to try. I wanted to leave xda and i already left it...but for one day :D cuz i miss you guys and i miss my work..i like the thing i do and it gives me some kind of pleasure..and every work you do with love will be a good work.
    In v11 there will be superb sound improvement...f***ing cool design and animations. keep trying to port Pdroid and make charging led to off on full charge. also keep trying to port media plyer lockscreen widget...xperia s keyboard and mms bug fix(keep on trying to fix) and more and more tweaks and improvements. so please be patient..this release gonna be i thenk the best i ever released... so it will take time to test it and improve. hope you like it. thank you.
    v20 Final ready
    Juiced my brain and made some great end in Gingerbread series

I will leave xda somewhere in 10th June so now lets rock :cool:
    the rest time will be for ICS and CM7 and then I go)...have to work somewhere cuz I will damn die here) need some money :D
    Testing rom now and when will say DONE! - then its DONE :D
    Change log of v20 will die with me when time comes :D:D so..
    But I think you all will notice the changes by your own ;)
    Believe me its big) all is fixed and updated..

Have fun and be happy)
    Thanks for using FeraLab
    Hi there Fera Fans & Friends!
    I've succeeded in buying a nice, good working X10 for our Great Developer Master Fera :cool:
    I payed already the price of 71+4,90 € & as soon as I have it, I'll post it to Istanbul, so Fera can do what he's best of doing with this X10!!!
    If you like You can donate something towards me & be part of helping Fera ;getting back his beloved X10
    PayPal account: jseehaus@gmail.com

Best regards
    To Everyone

This is the introductory video for Feralab :D
    Feel free to comment on it

If you like than hit thanx....
    wtf...

If you're asking yourself or me...WTF maan? why your rom is paid... I will tell you here...
    If you say that paid rom is not a good idea and you always make or download rom for free..i will say that it is your business.. Also rom will be free for all in 3 days from release.
    v13.5 version of my rom was a realy hard work. I made some unique for stock roms things in this version and it was pretty hard to do but I succeed. So firstly please respect my efforts. The other reason is...that rom is extremily stable and fast...the perfect rom... I think you can remember my previous paid rom..it was also very cool.. and i dont make sh*t paid.. i make it paid only if it realy deserves it.
    The other and mostly main reason is that i'm poor..realy... i'm a simple student studying abroad alone ...4000 km far from my home and i can't work here somewhere in mc'donalds cuz they asking turkish passport which i don't have sure.. I extremily need money. I hoard it for my plane ticket which is very expensive.. (529 f****ng dollars) and it is very big miney for me..my family is not rich also...my mother is housewife and my father is simple carpenter..and we have 3 children(including me :)) and the only reason i could study abroad is my brain and efforts..otherwise..i couldnt study at all..
    So please respect my work..if you don't have money or can't donate just wait 3 days..not so much..

Thank you very much...have fun.
    FeraVolt.