[Q] DNA not turning on. What?!

Search This thread

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? :(

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. I put it in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.
The phone was fully charged three hours ago when I unplugged it, and when I plug it in now there are no lights turning on.
I'm incredible confused and a bit scared. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? :(

Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
Plug it in either to an outlet or the USB on your pc (I cant remember which) and hold the power button down until it comes back to life... Should work

What Rom and kernel are you running and are you overclocking?

I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I'm using crDroid AOSP with cpalmer's kernel. No overclock or anything. I've had it for days without any problems.
And I have it plugged it, but nothing happens when I hold power button.

Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it if your comfortable with opening the phone it worked for someone else with this issue where the dna magically died.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
I'm a little afraid to try and open it in fear of damaging it more :eek:
But I also don't think I could open it since I don't have much in terms of tools.

jasoraso

May 24, 2007
Salt Lake City, UT
Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
Make sure you are holding the power button for at least 30 seconds. IF that doesn't work, try power and volume down for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, leave on the charger for an hour, then try again, both plugged in, and unplugged

Tried all of those with no luck...
I'm upset that this even happened. What could possibly cause the battery to just go dead like this?

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Return it or get a replacement, there have been quite a few reports of battery / no power issues.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Most of them just reset the battery by disconnecting it and reconnecting it. I'm sure there is a way to reset it with a combination of buttons. Maybe go call htc the support is actually really good I haven't had any bad interactions with them in the 2 instances I called. This should also be covered on the year warranty and they should replace it for free since it has not been a year yet. I would call.

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
I was able to take it to Verizon and get a replacement for free. I'll still kind of freaked out that it will happen again though...
My phone was rooted... So will Verizon know when they receive my old phone?

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
Unlikely

I was able to take it to Verizon and get a replacement for free. I'll still kind of freaked out that it will happen again though...

It was a hardware failure, they'll probably send it back to HTC for refurbishment or recycling. It's unlikely that they will find out that you rooted it.

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston

If you can't turn it on they can't so I guess no one will know.

Nowak4G

Jan 17, 2011
Buffalo

I had my phone just turn off and never turn on again and I sent it back and never heard anything from Verizon.

masterchiefb117

Mar 31, 2010
Los Angeles
Did they replace on sight?

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Im having the same issue and I have opened it up already, well they replace then and there so they dont check it or do they send it out and you wait. I bought this back in August 4 so only about 2 months old. I didnt get insurance because I got it thru Best Buy and they dicked me over there. So i cant use Best Buy and was wondering can i even go thru Verizon for this?

Dec 3, 2012
Did they replace on sight?

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Im having the same issue and I have opened it up already, well they replace then and there so they dont check it or do they send it out and you wait. I bought this back in August 4 so only about 2 months old. I didnt get insurance because I got it thru Best Buy and they dicked me over there. So i cant use Best Buy and was wondering can i even go thru Verizon for this?

well you did open it up, and they might find that out; pretty sure that will void the warranty. unless you are able to mend it back up. i screwed up my first dna and got a replacement since it wouldnt turn back on and they never found out

Nowak4G

Jan 17, 2011
Buffalo
Verizon sent me a refurbished one and I sent in the broken one. It wasn't through insurance.

Cremacious

Sep 6, 2011
I called Verizon, they sent me a new one (new, not refurbished) with instructions on sending old one back. Everything was under warranty so I was never charged for anything.

masterchiefb117

Mar 31, 2010
Los Angeles
I wouldnt be able to send mine it anyway. Theres a hair like crack on the screen and they wont send one out or they will but then they would see it then charge me the full price of the phone because of it. Customer negligence......

sweetmello7

Feb 20, 2014
Castries
I am having this same problem

I was using my phone earlier, and everything was normal. The battery was at least about 70%, I put the phone in my pocket when using my computer, but when I pulled it out to use it, the device was off. I pressed the power button. Nothing. Held the power button down. Nothing. Held the power button + volume down. Nothing, again.

I am having this exact issue with my Droid DNA. The circumstances are exactly the same. Two weeks ago, I stuck my phone into my pocket, took it out five minutes later and the device was off. Since then, Everything I've tried to get it to turn on has not worked. I even got a replacement battery however nothing.

When on the charger, all it does is blink the red light no matter how long I leave it on. I'm desperate as this phone is a second hand purchase and not on warranty. Also, I live in the Caribbean so I don't have many options for getting it fixed/replaced. I've tried every button combination, searched many forums and tried many suggestions.

Is there anybody who may have ANY other ideas to get this phone to work?

The phone is not rooted.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Verizon doesn't care if its soff and htc don'ts care. Verizon just isn't allowed to give you service if they know if soff.