Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2013, 05:48 AM |#161  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hresto

I don't know how long it usually takes since this is the first time installing, however, when the progress bar stops during deployment of Ubuntu, it takes about 3 minutes to complete. I just downloaded again from Google and I got weird filenames, which I installed with the same results.

What happens after moboot boots uImage.CyanogenMod?

Do you get an error or just a blank screen? Can you adb shell after about 30 seconds later?

If no, format data and system and just install the system cm-10*.zip file without the rootfs..

Can you adb shell now?

Filenames should be...
cm-10.1-20130927-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip
saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip

I still haven't checked... will soon..

https://github.com/jshafer817/Ubuntu...alboot_android

29th September 2013, 08:46 AM |#162  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
It would be great if you could write a guide for the dual boot solution

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation mit Tapatalk 4
29th September 2013, 11:51 AM |#163  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
We are now dual-booting with android. First thread updated.. read the notes carefully!

Tested! Formatted the 3 new partitions, installed the same files I uploaded to google drive.

Should work.... I tested it... one time. =) First time I got dual booting working, wiped, wrote\updated (wrote is a bad word) the partition creation script... removed my 3 lvm's.. ran the script to create them.. created the rootfs.. wiped 3 new ubuntu touch partitions again.. removed the /boot/uImage.UbuntuTouch.. installed the 2 zip files.. booted okay (with same bugs as non dual-boot,.. touchscreen can be iffy etc etc).. I then uploaded to google drive.
29th September 2013, 03:17 PM |#164  
Flag Nuremberg

Donate to Me
More
What are the installation steps for a touchpad running CM10.2?
The Following User Says Thank You to alex1301 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex1301 Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 03:19 PM |#165  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1301

What are the installation steps for a touchpad running CM10.2?

Should be the same.. I will update the description.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshafer817 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jshafer817 Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 03:39 PM |#166  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
For those of us who don't mind having UT instead of Android can we just install this two files as usual without messing with partitions?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5s Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 04:23 PM |#167  
Thanks Meter: 18

Donate to Me
More
Jshafer you da man.... triple boot just a quick question before I get busy installing. I am dual booting using jscullins cm10 preview which runs perfect. Do I need to restart from scratch? Or can I just use the 3 files and follow your guide meaning: first file in webos, second file cm10.x ( do I need this as I am already running cm10, or will it create the partition?) And last but not least the rootfs for Ubuntu saucy touch? Right? By the way I am using the latest moboot. Sorry for my questions but I am still a newbie but feel comfortable installing all of this.
So exciting

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

BTW I would be happy to host your files on my web page permanently.....PM if interested, this counts for all HP touchpad related files....

The Following User Says Thank You to kyzerdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyzerdroid Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 04:30 PM |#168  
Flag Nuremberg

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys,
how can I uninstall the Ubuntu Desktop partitions?
The Following User Says Thank You to alex1301 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alex1301 Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 04:47 PM |#169  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

For those of us who don't mind having UT instead of Android can we just install this two files as usual without messing with partitions?

Thanks

You can, but you would have to change the /etc/fstab file to reflect the different dm-# for the ubuntu touch partitions.. Create a new RootFS with your fstab. Check out the notes.. I added.. more.
29th September 2013, 04:49 PM |#170  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1301

Hey guys,
how can I uninstall the Ubuntu Desktop partitions?

Added that in the uninstaller.. check out those notes. Though.. I do wonder about that 10.66GB that is what my 16GB Touchpad was at with 3.0.5 stock partition size and cyanogenmod 10.1 from milaq... I remember something better but.. hmmm...
29th September 2013, 04:51 PM |#171  
OP Senior Member
NRH, TX.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzerdroid

Jshafer you da man.... triple boot just a quick question before I get busy installing. I am dual booting using jscullins cm10 preview which runs perfect. Do I need to restart from scratch? Or can I just use the 3 files and follow your guide meaning: first file in webos, second file cm10.x ( do I need this as I am already running cm10, or will it create the partition?) And last but not least the rootfs for Ubuntu saucy touch? Right? By the way I am using the latest moboot. Sorry for my questions but I am still a newbie but feel comfortable installing all of this.
So exciting

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

BTW I would be happy to host your files on my web page permanently.....PM if interested, this counts for all HP touchpad related files....

You are ready.. be sure to have novaterm installed.. You need Android and WebOS and NOT already have Ubuntu Desktop version installed. You know if you do...

Gracias!

*Running out of energy! Going to bed as soon as the caffeine wears off and I crash!!*
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)