Post Reply Email Thread
2nd October 2013, 11:54 PM |#811  
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepagebook

BUT, no data network..

well, depends on your carrier, if its frequency bands are the same as the european version that you got, data should work?

3rd October 2013, 12:24 AM |#812  
Flag Land of Buckeye & Formosa
Thanks Meter: 2,356

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharl1987

well, depends on your carrier, if its frequency bands are the same as the european version that you got, data should work?

Bud, are you in Ohio?
I think I have teh same at&t as yours. now I just figured it out that only when I set the network preference to "GMS" only, it will work as "E" for data. other than that, no connection.
3rd October 2013, 12:24 AM |#813  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
FGS Trading
Okay, I'm not related to this company at all, but I've bought about 20 different Samsung devices from them, through Amazon, in the past 4 years. I've always had reliable service from them. I buy from them because I don't want carrier bloat (although now with T-Mobile it seems they are adding very little bloat, so I may buy T-Mobile now to get the extra bands.)

But here is the response from them, just in case anyone is interested:

Quote:

The region lock is only being used in some parts of Europe at the
moment and on a select few models (our Samsung distributor sent us
some samples of region locked phones and they still accepted our local
sim cards... but we can't say of problems will arise in the future, so
for the time being, we are not selling any of those models and
sourcing those products outside Europe).

Regarding the Note 3, we do have the N900/N9000 3G model and the N9005
4G model. Direct pricing is as follows (best deal is on the 16GB N9005
model)

Note 3 3G 32GB Black $730
Note 3 3G 32GB White $730
Note 3 LTE 16GB Black $690
Note 3 LTE 16GB White $690
Note 3 LTE 32GB Black $740
Note 3 LTE 32GB White $740

Let us know if you are interested

Here is their link on Amazon (US) in case anyone wants it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main/re...A1QPS08K9FKKNF

I also see that the N9000 and N9005 are now both on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5PGBEE/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F0FVKN6/

Although I do not see any sign of an N900 yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to wfire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wfire Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 02:38 AM |#814  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovid

Don't forget, this is the Samsung Galaxy S4 - I just posted in this forum because I was confirming what the previous gentleman from CLOVE was stating - that Samsung will be rolling out this "upgrade" on other devices.

It's here!

Here is the CSC (Again, from SGS4):

AP: i9500UBUBMG9
CP: i9500UBUBMG9
CSC: i9500UUBBMG9

<Settings>
- <Main>
- <Security>
<NbNetworkLock>20</NbNetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>460BB</NetworkLock>

That is good to know as the region lock roll-out is due to be imposed on most Samsung phones which upgrade with official updates, whether an existing GS3/4, Note II/3 or presumably a new premium Samsung F. It will be relevant to many, come what may.

On your GS4:

- you can parse CSC UUBBMG9 file name as UUB -Trinidad & Tobago; B - [do not know but guess B for "Blocked"]; M - 2013; G - July; 9 - version 9,

- the MCC block list on it has 20 MCCs, all of which MCCs are on the European region lock lists posted earlier in the thread:

460 China
250 Russian Federation
255 Ukraine

502 Malaysia
510 Indonesia

401 Kazakhstan

525 Singapore
452 Vietnam
505 Australia
515 Philippines

470 Bangladesh
404 India
405 India

603 Algeria
602 Egypt
432 Iran
604 Morocco
416 Jordan
424 United Arab Emirates
425 Israel

Indeed, the MCCs blocked match exactly the first 20 of the MCCs blocked on the OXXBMH1 European region locked Note 3 posted at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=762 (omitting the Middle Eastern and African ones it seems).

I would encourage anyone who has, whether SUCCESSFULLY or unsuccessfully, used their Note 3 with a SIM issued by a carrier from one of these countries (such as India or UAE) to post their CSC file name and MCC block list particularly if different to ones already posted as it might (do not know for sure) help highlight particular CSCs which are less restrictive in some way. Similarly anyone with a new GS4 with a region lock sticker.

To help I suggest:
  • To find CSC file name, dial *#1234# into your stock telephone dialler.
  • To find MCC blocklist in your Note 3, use a file manager app like ES file explorer to look at the file /system/csc/customer.xml and then look for the lines starting:
<Settings>
- <Main>
- <Security>
<NbNetworkLock>20</NbNetworkLock>

"NbNetworkLock" seems to be the number of Mobile Country Codes (MCCs) blocked on your phone.
Each "NetworkLock" below it consists of a MCC of three digits and a Mobile Network Code (MCN) with two letters "BB". As "BB" is a wildcard it seems to be treated as all networks operating in that MCC. This means that "460BB" is all the networks with a country code of 460 (ie Russia).

We have not seen any examples straying away from this format yet, but who knows if there might be some changes to allow individual MCNs to side-step a general block on their MCC. Perhaps CSCs for US carriers will show a different region lock pattern or have no such region locks at all. Crowd sourcing this information from those who have used their phone with SIMs from outside the region whether successfully or not may help show the extent of the issue given Samsung are not speaking up.

Perhaps may collate and put this on a spreadsheet and post it at some point too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dxzh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dxzh Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 06:34 AM |#815  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Guys, Samsung doesn't care about XDA or their customers.

Do you know what Samsung cares about? MONEY.

So hit them WHERE IT HURTS! Go to websites that actually sell the phones, a la Amazon.com and write a 1-star NEGATIVE review.

Where else can I trash talk apart from Amazon? Just name it and I'll be there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullHorn7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BullHorn7 Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 07:26 AM |#816  
Flag Homeless
Thanks Meter: 201

More
uhm, I surprised Samsung still keep their mouth shut.
-Samsung is good phones but after sale service is sh*t.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd October 2013, 07:38 AM |#817  
Flag Akron
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepagebook

Bud, are you in Ohio?
I think I have teh same at&t as yours. now I just figured it out that only when I set the network preference to "GMS" only, it will work as "E" for data. other than that, no connection.

I have a European s3 and it works just fine on AT&T. What bands does your note 3 support for 3G?
3rd October 2013, 07:47 AM |#818  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

uhm, I surprised Samsung still keep their mouth shut.
-Samsung is good phones but after sale service is sh*t.

Keeping their mouths shut at this time is a good idea.

Ask Apple Maps and Microsoft about their WP Phone upgrade, or heck the guys behind the DMCA. The correct procedure is to reign in your marketing folk and hope that the rage goes away, because with this level of anti-consumer plotting that's the best they can do. Marketing crap inflames consumers especially when the lines used have been proven to be LIES.

Looks like my trusty S2 will be the last Sammy I get. It's lasted long enough and I guess there is a silver lining to 4.1.2 being the very last stock I can get
3rd October 2013, 10:40 AM |#819  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It seems that the mere presence of applicable NetworkLock entries in customer.xml is not a sufficient condition for a network lock to actually be enforced.

I checked my Galaxy S4 purchased in May which had received an OTA firmware update about two or three weeks ago. CSC of the phone is I905AUTDMI1. The customer.xml file contains the following list of network locks. Whether these were added with the recent OTA update or have been part of the CSC from the start I do not know. Since the list contains an entry for MCC 515, I checked whether the phone still accepts a SMART Communications SIM as it did prior to the firmware update. A SMART SIM continues to work, so maybe there is at least partial truth to Samsung's claims.

<Settings>
<Main>
<Security>
<NbNetworkLock>38</NbNetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>250BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>255BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>502BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>510BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>401BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>525BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>452BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>505BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>515BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>470BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>404BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>405BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>603BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>602BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>432BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>604BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>416BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>424BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>425BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>724BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>370BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>338BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>374BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>706BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>734BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>714BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>712BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>740BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>704BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>708BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>710BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>744BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>748BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>736BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>621BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>620BB</NetworkLock>
<NetworkLock>639BB</NetworkLock>
</Security>
<Network>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dglx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dglx Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 11:14 AM |#820  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
So guys, this sim lock issue is still not solved? Even when using a unlocked sim in the correct region to unlock it?
3rd October 2013, 11:24 AM |#821  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onweel2

And this being post by Clove UK the shop for the phone in Netherland and this his last coment
"Josh Bethell says:
October 2, 2013 at 1:48 pm
A quick thank you from everyone at Clove for the level of understanding in this comment thread and the odd customer testimony too!

This is undoubtedly a huge frustration – sure we’ve lost sales which no business enjoys; however it’s the confusion and extra work this has caused which compounds things. There have been industry mutterings reported by some news sites that this type of behaviour could be in the works from major manufacturers. It is pretty upsetting though that it was not communicated to us and other retailers fully until the procedure was finalised, orders had been placed and stock arrived.

We hate disappointing our customers, which in this case we’ve had to do many times over by cancelling and refunding orders, in some cases to long standing and valued international clients.

By the end of this week we should have a definitive update on the situation. We sent a Note 3 to offsite colleague Wardy in Thailand last week. He activated this there with a UK SIM. He could roam on the UK SIM but could not use his local Thai SIM, seeing the unlock SIM screen before he could proceed.

We have since sent UK activated handsets to a few choice customers this week, on the basis that they can return them if they do not work with their local SIMs. These customers are in regions that include Africa, North America and the Middle East.

Regardless of information from Samsung or anecdotes on forums and other blogs, we are conducting our own research on this, at our own costs, to cover all the bases.

Especially now we are also beginning to see other Samsung devices (new stock of the S4 & S4 Mini) with the same restrictions and warning stickers on the packaging. We want to be 100% certain of the message we give out to anyone wanting to purchase a new Samsung device and provide any support we can to legitimate international clients"

http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/09/25/s...m-limitations/

Can someone please ask the mod or admin to stick this page at front page of the topic? i think this page is usefull

i tweeted that to samsung mobile Uk so that anyone following them on twitter sees the tweet https://twitter.com/bubblesmoney/sta...10850876514304 hope many retweet it just so that there is more awareness that big companies that have existed for a long while in the phone selling business have stopped global sales / delveries of this phone due to region lock issue affecting their customers and even them as even their phone hasnt been unlocked during travel abroad.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubblesmoney For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubblesmoney Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)