[GUIDE] Fixing Security Error / Other commom problems

466 posts
Thanks Meter: 138

By shucrut, Senior Member on 19th August 2013, 12:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2013, 03:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi. I'm able to install the drivers, and when using option 7 for jelly bean, the app gets stuck at <waiting for device> and the phone's screen shows a grey lg logo and the word fastboot in the corner, and there are strange vertical stripes at the bottom of the screen that don;t seem to go away anymore. I would appreciate any help
28th August 2013, 04:30 AM |#12  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 948

More
Quote:

Hi. I'm able to install the drivers, and when using option 7 for jelly bean, the app gets stuck at <waiting for device> and the phone's screen shows a grey lg logo and the word fastboot in the corner, and there are strange vertical stripes at the bottom of the screen that don;t seem to go away anymore. I would appreciate any help

The strange vertical lines will go away after awhile. Did you look at my my second post in this thread. You should check them out. Another thing, you need to use x & u for ice, if your are trying to use the offline flash method.

CM 10.1 P769

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickfastgoninja

Thanks, but this method does not work for my p769.

Background info on device in question:

I can fastboot, but after doing so and attempting to flash the KDZ I get an error that the phone is not connected:
Attachment 2211271

Even though the OMAP device (fastboot) is visible in device manager: Attachment 2211272

Is there any way to rescue the device? I keep reading that p769 is almost always recoverable from soft-brick but I seem to be completely stuck. Thanks in advance.

You did not state if you flashed ice cream x&u, you have it installed properly.
Another thing, how did your phone get into this state? What did you?

CM 10.1 P769
30th August 2013, 04:03 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubemike99

What model is yours? Mine is a P768 and its only recognized by KDZ offline method if i choose P768 ICS x loader and uboot

But seems like the drivers are not installed in windows, are you using Windows 7 ? If yes, try reinstall the fastboot drivers following the thread i link in first post, pluging the phone in another USB port of your PC. kuma82 wrote a very good thing about installing the drivers, they are also linked in first post, take a look there and tell us if problem persists
28th September 2013, 08:57 AM |#14  
Flag Anaheim

Donate to Me
More
I get to the fastboot on my l9 tmobile but it just keeps telling me to select phone model over and over again. it never gets me in fastboot on the computer.
i flashed a wrong rom and it just keeps telling me security error. it wont boot at all. i dont know what to do. Phone boots up into fastboot but doesnt show up on computer as fastboot. ive been trying to fix this for 2 weeks now.

Edit: i can get into sw upgrade on my phon but it shuts off in a while it never stays on.
30th September 2013, 05:32 PM |#15  
Flag Mineral Wells
Thanks Meter: 154

More
fastboot is to only allow the PC to format a partition after that you can go to sw mode make sure with the fast boot program you choose ICS u-boot xloader. after that completes flash using sw mode

I'd try a new PC if had to. I know on mine I had to use another PC. Ideally windows 7

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
30th September 2013, 08:10 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidalerik

I get to the fastboot on my l9 tmobile but it just keeps telling me to select phone model over and over again. it never gets me in fastboot on the computer.
i flashed a wrong rom and it just keeps telling me security error. it wont boot at all. i dont know what to do. Phone boots up into fastboot but doesnt show up on computer as fastboot. ive been trying to fix this for 2 weeks now.

Edit: i can get into sw upgrade on my phon but it shuts off in a while it never stays on.

You dont need to enter in fastboot. Run lelus fastboot script, select ics xloader and uboot for your phone model. It will say to you remove the battery and press enter, remove it and press enter. Then insert usb cable (im assuming you have fastboot drivers installed) and after about 2 seconds re insert the battery.

Now your sw update mode should stay on until your kdz update finish

And dont forget to run lelus script as administrator
5th October 2013, 05:02 AM |#17  

More
have followed all the steps stated but am having trouble getting into s/w upgrade mode.. in the last 5 hours ive managed to go into it twice by sheer dumb luck. am now very frustrated. another question- do i have to use the lelus script everytime i try to go into upgrade mode?
8th October 2013, 08:10 PM |#18  
Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidalerik

Try holding vol up and power with battery out. Hold it even after the s/w appears.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th October 2013, 08:41 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diod66

have followed all the steps stated but am having trouble getting into s/w upgrade mode.. in the last 5 hours ive managed to go into it twice by sheer dumb luck. am now very frustrated. another question- do i have to use the lelus script everytime i try to go into upgrade mode?

Try installing ICS xloader and uboot with lelus script instead of JB ones and try again
8th October 2013, 08:44 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0899

Try holding vol up and power with battery out. Hold it even after the s/w appears.

I Recommend the same for you, try installing ICS xloader and uboot with lelus script and try again
8th October 2013, 09:54 PM |#21  
Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Idk if it has been said but security has been misspelled throughout this thread. Might affect people trying to search for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to will0899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift will0899 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)