Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Makes you wonder if it's on the level or it's just a prank

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010
Makes you wonder if it's on the level or it's just a prank

He posted a pic of his screen showing it. Also if he had sent it to Sonic to get the Java card magic worked, I'm sure sonic would have said something. Beaups has posted his findings in more than one thread. Seems real to me.

Sent from the HTC One and only

Nov 21, 2012
He posted a pic of his screen showing it. Also if he had sent it to Sonic to get the Java card magic worked, I'm sure sonic would have said something. Beaups has posted his findings in more than one thread. Seems real to me.

Beaups is well known for facepalm and moonshine. He and fuses and hyuh unlocked the one originally and also the droid DNA even after HTC did all this write protect crap. He is not joking around or messing with you...

Anyway, one benefit of waiting is so HTC can't patch or release a new bootloader before 4.3 is out. If this exploit comes out now, who knows if Verizon will stop the 4.3 update and force HTC to fix the exploit first? This can affect all future replacements so it is kind of a big deal, but I do not see HTC fixing this until 4.4 will come out, if at all. For all we know, it is unpatchable. I am sure beaups has a reason to release it now as opposed to waiting.

Reactions: nexusisneecesary

dlscott1111

Apr 20, 2011
Beaups is the real deal. Just google his work for 2 seconds and you will be impressed. Man of the year in my book!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Yea...I really wouldn't want to be throwing out the idea that this is a prank dude...its all seems legit

Hey seen it before on other phones where people who said they got something abd wasn't true. I'd rather be cautious than to fly blindly to get excited to just be let down. Is it so wrong to be cautious?

grishky

Jul 29, 2010
Concord, NH
Hey seen it before on other phones where people who said they got something abd wasn't true. I'd rather be cautious than to fly blindly to get excited to just be let down. Is it so wrong to be cautious?

Well no. But his credentials are pretty good. If this was some no name who has "Ported" a ROM to a phone once, then I would be skeptical.

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Well no. But his credentials are pretty good. If this was some no name who has "Ported" a ROM to a phone once, then I would be skeptical.

See I know nothing about him. The phones I have owned he hasn't dev for. So he is unknown to me. If you say his credentials are good then I take back what I said about this being a possible prank and apologize to beanup and the community.

grishky

Jul 29, 2010
Concord, NH
See I know nothing about him. The phones I have owned he hasn't dev for. So he is unknown to me. If you say his credentials are good then I take back what I said about this being a possible prank and apologize to beanup and the community.

Well just look at his signature for a second! haha

sacnotsack

Dec 27, 2010

I'm in the same boat as you. I knew nothing about this person, but the sequence of events were backing up what he said. He posted a pic showing his results, and said it would be "soon" then I did a quick search on Google and he's done plenty of other work that backs up his claim. Noe IF I were to come out and say, "I did it, I found an exploit and I'll release it soon. " I wouldn't expect anyone to believe me because I haven't done any previous work to back up that I am even capable of doing this......and actually I dont have the knowledge to do this. Just saying, do a little home work before going out and saying it's a prank.

Reactions: dlscott1111

Nov 21, 2012

Yeah its not a problem. Just realize at the very least, you don't get a "recognized developer" tag willy-nilly around here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not waiting on any vzw updates. Just need to get everything done. It will be done "soon".

yes, its wrong.
    I think everyone just needs to chill out with the speculation and stop calling beaups. You're only distracting him if anything.

I'm sure it will be posted as soon as it is ready for public consumption. But just leave the guy alone.
    Here is a place to discuss the current methods of S-Off.

We have Sonic2765's java card which will always work, and a promised method from beaups.

Sonic's Java Card will work on any device.
    Sonic's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2427960

Beaups method will work on any device even with the minor OTA that was released.

So, it seems safe to take the OTA, but I am not responsible if this is incorrect.