FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71/v3.72 [2014-04-02 KK Beta]

3,419 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,861

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 18th September 2013, 05:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom recovery for locked devices!
5th October 2013, 05:53 AM |#321  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3rnand3zz

I have a 32 GB galaxy s4... Is there any way of upgrading the limit of space for date to more than just 3 gbs..... I would be happy to donate to the work on that upgrade.....
As now I can only hold 3 GB maximum space which is a waist for the whole point of buying a 32gb...

Thank you so much for your work so far. ..

Read previous post and you will find out....

But did you know that the whole point of your 32gb S4 is to keep it stock?. You should say thanks that safestrap exist and let you run another rom only in 3gb ! Could be worst... if you can't use safestrap with only 3gb uninstall it and use your stock rom with 32gb and be happy with that.

5th October 2013, 04:08 PM |#322  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I don't understand the problem. I've a amdl base. I'm lucky to have graviton as my stock rom. I don't touch it. I will be using my 2 gig slot for infamous which is a more complicated ROM for me. But I can safely check it out this way. I can also check out my old backups to delete unneeded ones. Can't ask for more from hash code. This is superb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th October 2013, 02:51 AM |#323  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongcruz

Hi, what I did was a backup of the stock ROM .... then I restored in the second 3gb slot. Then I use the first slot as for my Foxround ROM so I m not limited to the 3gb storage....hope it helps.

Just hopping we have the external SD card for slots in the future....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

The reason why we need to use slot 1 is because there is not much to do with 3gb.......so..... what I did was a backup of the stock ROM .... then I restored in the second 3gb slot. Then I use the first slot as for my Foxround ROM so I m not limited to the 3gb storage....hope it helps.

Wow, great tip, thanks!

One question though...once you have restored the stock to slot 2, do you have to totally wipe out the normal stock ROM in Safetrap in order to recover all that space for slot 1?
6th October 2013, 05:35 AM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

I had the crashing too, just try reinstalling the app/driver. Also, if it won't process audio, change these lines in your build.prop:

tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=false

I have foxhound 2.0 and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

i guess i could change build prop using rom tool box pro.
6th October 2013, 04:51 PM |#325  
Flag Cosmo, Fl
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jongcruz

Hi, what I did was a backup of the stock ROM .... then I restored in the second 3gb slot. Then I use the first slot as for my Foxround ROM so I m not limited to the 3gb storage....hope it helps.

Just hopping we have the external SD card for slots in the future....

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

The reason why we need to use slot 1 is because there is not much to do with 3gb.......so..... what I did was a backup of the stock ROM .... then I restored in the second 3gb slot. Then I use the first slot as for my Foxround ROM so I m not limited to the 3gb storage....hope it helps.

This reads confusing - are you are installing Foxhound into slot 1, or into the stock rom area, and thus overwriting the stock ATT TouchWiz install? ie, on my install there is the stock rom area, and then there are 4 additional slots available (1-4). Slot 1 is one of the "virtual" slots and constrained to 3gb, just as is slot 2, 3, and 4. The stock rom area is not a "slot"

If you are installing Foxhound into the stock rom area overwriting the MF3 ATT Touchwiz, have you tested restoring the stock rom?
7th October 2013, 06:07 AM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
To all the people flashing on the stock rom slot, are you all on a firmware other than MF3? The reason I ask is you must be able to odin back incase you brick, coz us poor saps on MF3 would be taking a trip down BestBuy lane in hopes of recovering.

Just an FYI, Ive soft bricked my MF3 a handfull of times now, but thanks to Hashcode, slot1 softbrick didnt effect stock rom a bit. Now if I was as brave as some of these people flashing on the stock rom slot, I would hace been S.O.L.
7th October 2013, 11:47 AM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Is it alarming if SS installed on its own? I didn't need to use a file manager to install it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[COLOR="Silver"]
7th October 2013, 03:12 PM |#328  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash2000

Is it alarming if SS installed on its own? I didn't need to use a file manager to install it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[COLOR="Silver"]

I cant see why it would be. As long as the install procedes smoothly and it begins to manifest itself on each boot, provided you follow the installation instructions once the apk is open. I see why you might be nervous about it but just watch how its working and that everything is in its correct place and DO NOT FLASH OVER THE STOCK ROM. You should be fine.

7th October 2013, 05:13 PM |#329  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerythul

I cant see why it would be. As long as the install procedes smoothly and it begins to manifest itself on each boot, provided you follow the installation instructions once the apk is open. I see why you might be nervous about it but just watch how its working and that everything is in its correct place and DO NOT FLASH OVER THE STOCK ROM. You should be fine.

I'm sure its fine, just thought it was odd that I didn't need to install the apk thru a file manager. Either way I have SS in my app drawer, once I learn more on how it works etc I'll fully install it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th October 2013, 11:51 PM |#330  
Flag Narnia
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblehyper

He said "over the stock ROM". If that runs good then I'll do the same LOL

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

What google edition ROM did you install? And can you post the step by step on how you did it? That's interesting. Thanks.

Yeah the rom is this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2341794
All I did was go into safestrap, hit install, selected the rom, installed it, wiped cache, then reboot. Once I realized I had forgotten to wipe, I went back into safestrap and wiped. Then I rebooted and the splash screen said "Safestrap is disabled" and I hit the back button (continue) and it immediately started booting into google edition and works just fine
8th October 2013, 01:31 AM |#331  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 25

More
can someone help me I'm trying to remove the recovery but I am not rooted anymore. do I have to be rooted to remove the recovery? if not how do I remove the recovery without being rooted?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)