OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay

Is this 2.2+ or what

Sent after :stirthepot:

Not on PC, but the desktop Play Store page has that info. I think it's pretty widely compatible.
5th October 2013, 05:35 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Differences...
What is the difference between Habit Browser and the "classic" version???
5th October 2013, 09:01 PM |#66  

More
Are there any notable features over Firefox?

Sent from my XT912 using xda app-developers app
5th October 2013, 09:31 PM |#67  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Dolphin wins it.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
6th October 2013, 11:38 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thumbs up
Odd name for a browser, Habit Browser, but thanks for the recommendation, this is superb, probably the best all-round browser I've come across (and I've spent the last week trying pretty much every notable one) for someone looking for a full set of features and functions, total customizability and tweakability, all with a light system footprint.

Some of the features that really stood out for me (in addition to the ones ikjadoon mentioned in the first post):

1. Custom user agent string. Few browsers allow this, and I use this to set a custom user agent string that says just 'Mobile'. This forces Facebook to load the older, non-Javascript version of the mobile site, which is MUCH lighter both to render and to hold in memory (it uses about half the memory of the usual Facebook mobile site) - at the expense of the different layout and Javascript functionality for instant, non-reloading interaction such as liking posts and auto-refreshing messages.
Very often, I just want to check and respond to pending notifications/messages, and check out what's going on on my news feed, for which I find this lighter, stripped-down site far easier to work with without memory use skyrocketing and disrupting my other running tasks.

2. Per-site and per-tab user agent rules - I use this to force Facebook to load its stripped-down non-JS site, while leaving all other sites loading the usual Android or desktop versions. Total control.

3. The two quick 'pie' menus, accessible by swiping inwards from the screen edges. Fully customisable to hold the functions/toggles/features that you use most often. My quick menus are customised for quick access to inverted rendering, sharing the current page (to Evernote or Messaging), per-tab user agent, favourites, open tabs list, switch to previous/next open tab, open address bar, and a few others, so I can get rid of the main toolbar/menus for a full-screen experience without losing out on usability.

4. Fully customisable interface, toolbars and menus. This lets me pick exactly what I want to see and use, getting rid of things like the home page button (which I never use), to make room for other buttons and toggles of choice, shift the positions and sizes of the toolbars, or get rid of the menu/toolbar entirely. No other browser comes close, in this department. Outstanding.

5. Can use Flash. I haven't ever needed to use Flash yet, but it's nice to know that Habit can do it, if I ever need to.

6. Inverted rendering/night mode, for reading at night or in low-light conditions. Many browsers (including stock AOSP) have this, but not some of the other major contenders, like Opera.

7. Assorted gestures like flicking to switch tabs, all customisable.

8. Despite all this, it's about as light and fast as the stock AOSP browser or Naked Browser (which was my top choice for almost a year), and is clearly designed to maximise performance.

The only underwhelming thing about Habit is the slightly unpolished interface, especially the often quirky language in the menus and settings, that just leaves the overall impression a little rough around the edges. I sent the developer a polite e-mail with suggestions regarding this. And as shallow as this may sound. I also can't shake off the feeling that 'Habit Browser' is an odd name that might steer a lot away from even giving this excellent browser a chance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanielKennethRego For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanielKennethRego Ad-Free
6th October 2013, 11:45 AM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Gd gD gd best browser

Sent from my A110Q using xda premium
6th October 2013, 01:02 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
really so cool? i will try, thanks/
6th October 2013, 03:22 PM |#71  

More