Galaxy Ace 3 Root & Forum

Search This thread

ktkooot

Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
i use galaxy ace 3 the problem with internal storage not enough for games >>>i want to know how to make all games install on the real extrnal storage not on internal >>is that make by cwm or root or update flash file ?????
my device not rooted can i do this thing without root????
if i root my device is any tool to make my internal swap with extrnal storage???
my device ace 3 s7272
I want samsung galaxy Ace 3 (7272) Root And i ask the forum admins to create new forum to it
Regards

Fzee

Nov 9, 2012
Singapore,Sembawang
You'll have to root the device.After you do so,please post your vold.fstab in the etc folder which can be found in the root of your system

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
Read thread(1st) and see how to flash cwm on your device. Then flash file downloaded from (2nd) using cwm

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

m.hamdi

Oct 4, 2012
Galaxy Ace 3 (GT-S7272)

Attached the vold.fstab file of a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 (GT-S7272). I want to swap external memory with internal one, Any help?

Attachments

• vold.fstab.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,003

grazy

Jan 31, 2009
Hi guys,

Any idea how to get ACE 3 LTE (s7275r) rooted?

I have tried the rooting method for s7270/s7272, but not successful.

Hopefully got a brilliant dev able to come out a working root method.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TF666

Oct 28, 2013
Why are you posting questions about Ace 3 in Ace 2 thread? And cut out that drama queen style please.

grazy

Jan 31, 2009
Guys, I just find out that the Kingoapp android root program is rooting perfectly on our s7275r. Now can install seeder on it. ^^

Ps: I'm on S7275RXXUAMJ2 by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: xenoblade

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
I have the LTE version. And I managed to gain root :laugh: -> link

Can somebody with the Ace III LTE please post what files are found inside the /system/vendor/firmware/ directory ?

You can either show a screenshot or just copy / paste / write the names of the files in that folder here.

I need this info to establish what kind of wireless chipset in used in this phone before I can buy it.

Only some wireless chipsets support ANT+ functionality ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANT+ ) and Broadcom wireless chipsets almost always support it.

Many thanks in advance for your help !

dj_chapz

Jun 1, 2011
Frankfurt am Main
Can somebody with the Ace III LTE please post what files are found inside the /system/vendor/firmware/ directory ?

You can either show a screenshot or just copy / paste / write the names of the files in that folder here.

I need this info to establish what kind of wireless chipset in used in this phone before I can buy it.

Only some wireless chipsets support ANT+ functionality ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANT+ ) and Broadcom wireless chipsets almost always support it.

libpn547_fw_pku.so
libpn547_fw_platform.so
libpn547_fw.so

Reactions: bulanula

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
libpn547_fw_pku.so
libpn547_fw_platform.so
libpn547_fw.so

Thanks for trying to help but that is not the wireless chipset firmware, it is actually for NFC. Looks like the WLAN firmware is elsewhere.

Is there a directory named wifi inside there ?

/system/vendor/wifi or something inside /system/etc/firmware ?

A "dmesg" would be much more conclusive if you can.

If you are rooted you can either use terminal emulator or an app like SysLog or Lumberjack to get the "dmesg" / kernel log.

From terminal emulator you can do command "su -c dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log" and then it will be on your SD card.

See this thread for more information about getting the kernel log / "dmesg" : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

That would easily allow me to determine the chipset 100% accurately.

Just make sure you turn wifi on before you get the logs. Many thanks again if you can help. I really want to buy this phone but I need to know exactly the chipset otherwise it will be useless for my sports equipment.

Last edited:

dj_chapz

Jun 1, 2011
Frankfurt am Main
Thanks for trying to help but that is not the wireless chipset firmware, it is actually for NFC. Looks like the WLAN firmware is elsewhere.

If you are rooted you can either use terminal emulator or an app like SysLog or Lumberjack to get the "dmesg" / kernel log.

From terminal emulator you can do command "su -c dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log" and then it will be on your SD card.

See this thread for more information about getting the kernel log / "dmesg" : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185929

Just make sure you turn wifi on before you get the logs. Many thanks again if you can help. I really want to buy this phone but I need to know exactly the chipset otherwise it will be useless for my sports equipment.

Heres the dmesg.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    127.8 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: bulanula

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
Thanks, but it clearly is using Qualcomm "prima" wlan driver and not Broadcom so no ANT+ for me.

How I found out ( may be useful for others looking to see wireless chipset of other devices ) :

wlan driver calls following functions "csrNeighborRoamPrepareScanProfileFilter", "csrNeighborRoamProcessScanComplete" and "csrNeighborRoamHandleEmptyScanResult"

I see the source code for this here : https://android.googlesource.com/ke...ging/prima/CORE/SME/src/csr/csrNeighborRoam.c

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    i use galaxy ace 3 the problem with internal storage not enough for games >>>i want to know how to make all games install on the real extrnal storage not on internal >>is that make by cwm or root or update flash file ?????
    my device not rooted can i do this thing without root????
    if i root my device is any tool to make my internal swap with extrnal storage???
    my device ace 3 s7272
    I want samsung galaxy Ace 3 (7272) Root And i ask the forum admins to create new forum to it
    Regards
    Why are you posting questions about Ace 3 in Ace 2 thread? And cut out that drama queen style please.

They dont have their own thread and what about the ace 2x users? We didn't say they can't ask in our forums. Plus you didn't even say anything about the ace 2 x users

Sent from my GT-i8160 using Tapatalk
    Guys, I just find out that the Kingoapp android root program is rooting perfectly on our s7275r. Now can install seeder on it. ^^

Ps: I'm on S7275RXXUAMJ2 by the way.

libpn547_fw_pku.so
    libpn547_fw_platform.so
    libpn547_fw.so

Heres the dmesg.