8th October 2013, 10:22 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Also pay attention to the blurb about proprietary binaries

There is a link for the Nexus binaries in that blurb. Make sure you install them before building and you are good.

Where is the link to download the Nexus binaries btw? I didn't see a proprietary binaries blurb in the above 2 links.
Thanks.
8th October 2013, 10:33 AM |#12  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,529

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

Where is the link to download the Nexus binaries btw? I didn't see a proprietary binaries blurb in the above 2 links.
Thanks.

Its under the actual "Building for devices" page...

http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

Wich leads to...

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 01:56 PM |#13  
Flag Union City California
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:

Alright then...

Build 20131008.010041 up!

Changes

• Re-synced repo for 2013/10/08
  • Fixed Settings -> Security F/C
  • Changed SU to SuperSU

Also can I have some people rate the thread 5 stars... The Nexus 7 FHD troll is at it again. He is going around rating my threads, and others, 1 star.

Any help with that would be appreciated. Damn trolls, lol!

Hi Scott. Where is the download link for this one? I think a few folks would love to know the fix for the security fc since last I read it was blocking their update as well. Definitely want to try the aosp one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mpmilestogo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mpmilestogo Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 02:38 PM |#14  
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524

More
Quote:

Its under the actual "Building for devices" page...

http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

Wich leads to...

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/drivers

hi scott,
could you please share the sources you build from? and specifically how you fixed the Security settings FC?
thanks.
8th October 2013, 05:21 PM |#15  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

Thanks Scotts, appreciated your fast response.

Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmilestogo

Hi Scott. Where is the download link for this one? I think a few folks would love to know the fix for the security fc since last I read it was blocking their update as well. Definitely want to try the aosp one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Its in the OP. Post 1. I just changed the link. Happy downloading!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 05:28 PM |#16  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

hi scott,
could you please share the sources you build from? and specifically how you fixed the Security settings FC?
thanks.

The source is the AOSP tree and it can be found here: http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html (thats all I am using).

Fixing the Settings F/C was creative... had to Google to get the answer, lol

Here is what I found...

CM 10.2 initially had this issue as its based from AOSP like this rom (SOURCE). They did not explain a fix... Also, note this is a less than one week old issue. So I continued on with Google... (Google is a son of a bitch when you need it )

Then found this thread on XDA from the Nexus 4 about an update to 4.2.2 HERE! This started to make sense as they posted a fix for the N4. HOWEVER that fix was not applicable to our N7.2 because we did not have the keymaster files on the vendor partition!!!

So test flashed the Google stock ROM /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/* files into this AOSP ROM. VIOLA! It worked and solved the problem.

Now I will admit I am not sure why these files are not in the AOSP source tree as I am still learning... If you can shed more light then please do! But I do know that it fixed the issue. Was not seemingly prevalent before October 2nd (or maybe it was but thats when it was reported on CM10.2) and moving those files into the ROM base resolved (granted they are not in the same spot as the N4).

Please feel free to share anything you know in this thread.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 05:28 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

Your welcome!

Its in the OP. Post 1. I just changed the link. Happy downloading!

Thanks Scott. I think I found something rather strange with my tablet with just about any of the AOSP builds. I found this on another as well. It seems whenever I enable locations in chrome or chrome beta the tablet soft resets immediately. If I turn off location reporting, nothing happens but I get no location updates. I decided to restore things using the factory images. For the umpteen thousandth time, thanks to the Android team for providing the safety net!

Gonna try again later today and see if this issue persists after resetting the device to the factory image and reflashing the AOSP build.
8th October 2013, 05:33 PM |#18  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpmilestogo

Thanks Scott. I think I found something rather strange with my tablet with just about any of the AOSP builds. I found this on another as well. It seems whenever I enable locations in chrome or chrome beta the tablet soft resets immediately. If I turn off location reporting, nothing happens but I get no location updates. I decided to restore things using the factory images. For the umpteen thousandth time, thanks to the Android team for providing the safety net!

Gonna try again later today and see if this issue persists after resetting the device to the factory image and reflashing the AOSP build.

No this very possible depending on the GAPPS used. I think this is more a GAPPS issue then a ROM issue. I cant say for sure but I might have time to look later.

If someone else knows then do tell.

However I dont much care for Chrome on mobile (love it on PC) so I use AOSP and it runs well. But have not tested location.

Im sure a fix can be found with enough effort.
8th October 2013, 05:38 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

No this very possible depending on the GAPPS used. I think this is more a GAPPS issue then a ROM issue. I cant say for sure but I might have time to look later.

If someone else knows then do tell.

However I dont much care for Chrome on mobile (love it on PC) so I use AOSP and it runs well. But have not tested location.

Im sure a fix can be found with enough effort.

Interesting. I've tried the BANKS minimal GAPPS core and photosphere as well as the goo.im gapps in clean flashes of other aosp based ROMs but still had the same issue. Perhaps I'll try the PA gapps next since they seem to have everything in them. Gonna give the whole thing a try a bit later today as well. I'm lucky enough to have two Nexus 7 tablets so one has your latest CleanROM on it which I love! The other seems to have descended into flashing heaven or the other place .

Any help appreciate on the issue though. I'd love to run AOSP on the second tablet since one of them is destined for my daughter when she realizes she wants one.
8th October 2013, 05:47 PM |#20  
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524

More
Quote:

The source is the AOSP tree and it can be found here: http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html (thats all I am using).

Fixing the Settings F/C was creative... had to Google to get the answer, lol

Here is what I found...

CM 10.2 initially had this issue as its based from AOSP like this rom (SOURCE). They did not explain a fix... Also, note this is a less than one week old issue. So I continued on with Google... (Google is a son of a bitch when you need it )

Then found this thread on XDA from the Nexus 4 about an update to 4.2.2 HERE! This started to make sense as they posted a fix for the N4. HOWEVER that fix was not applicable to our N7.2 because we did not have the keymaster files on the vendor partition!!!

So test flashed the Google stock ROM /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/* files into this AOSP ROM. VIOLA! It worked and solved the problem.

Now I will admit I am not sure why these files are not in the AOSP source tree as I am still learning... If you can shed more light then please do! But I do know that it fixed the issue. Was not seemingly prevalent before October 2nd (or maybe it was but thats when it was reported on CM10.2) and moving those files into the ROM base resolved (granted they are not in the same spot as the N4).

Please feel free to share anything you know in this thread.

Thank you very much. Did you figure out the commit in the CM repo that actually solved this issue?

Also, what do you mean by So test flashed the Google stock ROM /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/* files into this AOSP ROM ? Could you elaborate please?

I'd be happy to share anything I get to know about this. Been researching about this too. Thanks.
8th October 2013, 06:02 PM |#21  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

Thank you very much. Did you figure out the commit in the CM repo that actually solved this issue?

Also, what do you mean by So test flashed the Google stock ROM /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/* files into this AOSP ROM ? Could you elaborate please?

I'd be happy to share anything I get to know about this. Been researching about this too. Thanks.

I have not looked at the CM Repo yet.

What I mean by the statement of keymaster is that I pulled the files from the Google image. I then put them in the AOSP ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)