By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th October 2013, 10:02 PM |#981  
Flag Diepenbeek
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

This would be a lot easier to fix if I knew why Android is targeting Lux more than other apps. So far any fixes I've tried solve the issue for one device, and break another. I'm still working on the problem. It also doesn't help that my thesis is due later this month.

I have to let you know that the problem fixed itself. Flashed a new version of Slim beans and got rid of some unnessecary apps and
works flawless once again. Not sure if the problem is with another app/rom/or something else though...

15th October 2013, 03:12 PM |#982  
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 952

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diSke

I have to let you know that the problem fixed itself. Flashed a new version of Slim beans and got rid of some unnessecary apps and
works flawless once again. Not sure if the problem is with another app/rom/or something else though...

Yea I haven't noticed it happening again. Strange

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk now Free
15th October 2013, 05:00 PM |#983  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
anyone using this with the Note 3?
how is it?
15th October 2013, 05:17 PM |#984  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare

anyone using this with the Note 3?
how is it?

Why not simply try and tell us?
15th October 2013, 05:21 PM |#985  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi.a

Why not simply try and tell us?

been reading reviews on the app store on battery life/wakelocks... thought I'll look around for more reviews and thoughts first
16th October 2013, 12:47 PM |#986  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 565

More
Something weird happened last night. My screen just suddenly lit up to max brightness while i was in bed in complete darkness. Blinded me for a sec. Then it adjusted itself in a couple of seconds again. Used to happen very often with my old Xperia Z. Only once so far with the G2. Shall monitor and update if anything changes.
17th October 2013, 05:21 AM |#987  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Anybody got good profile for Galaxy Note 2?
I just moved from a Galaxy S2 to a Note 2. I bought the paid version. It worked beautifully on the GS2,
but doesn't work well at all on my Note 2.

- The light wouldn't adjust when light changes. sometimes it did and most of the time it did not
- most of time it changed very slowly and I tried to change the up and down delay but it didn't improve much.
- I tried to create new links for the profile I was in, but it never worked well

- I really ran out of things to try. Could anybody who got theirs work on a Note 2 tell me what your settings are?

Thank you very much.
mike
17th October 2013, 05:41 PM |#988  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So if I understand this app correctly it is a screen overlay filter. It does not reduce the power to the backlight and save power. I noticed on my home screen a stripe at the bottom of the screen was the much brighter so it can not be the backlight that is reduced
18th October 2013, 04:27 AM |#989  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75

You can use Tasker for that

I tried using Tasker to kill Lux when in car mode, but Lux just turns back on a couple seconds later. I tried checking "root", too.

I'm admittedly a noob with Tasker so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
18th October 2013, 04:35 AM |#990  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxxel

So if I understand this app correctly it is a screen overlay filter. It does not reduce the power to the backlight and save power. I noticed on my home screen a stripe at the bottom of the screen was the much brighter so it can not be the backlight that is reduced

Afaik, it is an overlay. It doesn't seem to be able to cover the navigation bar yet can the status bar.

OP, Is there a possibility that it could go over the whole screen/navbar/status bar. I use Paranoid Android and having the per app colors so, again if possible, would be nice to be able to have the navbar covered also.
18th October 2013, 05:04 AM |#991  
Flag Kariong
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider

I just moved from a Galaxy S2 to a Note 2. I bought the paid version. It worked beautifully on the GS2,
but doesn't work well at all on my Note 2.

- The light wouldn't adjust when light changes. sometimes it did and most of the time it did not
- most of time it changed very slowly and I tried to change the up and down delay but it didn't improve much.
- I tried to create new links for the profile I was in, but it never worked well

- I really ran out of things to try. Could anybody who got theirs work on a Note 2 tell me what your settings are?

I've got the international version, N7100, and lux is working pretty well. It's been a while since I've installed it and set up from scratch as I usually just restore settings using TB, but from memory I have changed very little after the initial setup. I do have it set up to adjust dynamically and to use the auto profile though.

Are you using a custom rom, or the stock samsung one? I'm using a samsung based custom rom (Alliance v4 to be precise). Maybe that makes a difference? Dunno....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)