[APP][2.2+][v1.8.03] Hovering Controls (emulates Air Gesture from S4-S5-S6)

Search This thread

oakleyguy89

Dec 7, 2012
Hey guys, I was wondering. Does this app eat your guys' battery? Because it seems to be chewing through mine pretty bad. According to my usage it uses about %25.

Echo113

Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburgh!! 412!!
Great app. How bout an option to hide the toast notifications? Also change quick glance clock to 12 hour.

I got nothin.

Last edited:

Ameya9

Oct 8, 2013
Request

Hello. Thanks a lot for developing this application. However, I only had one request to make. Would it be possible for you, to make quick-glance exactly like it is found on the galaxy S-4. I mean, when you wave over the S-4, the quick-glance feature has a cool coloured animation with bubbles, I think. Thanking you once more for your help.

Regards,
Ameya9

iHeymanth

May 30, 2013
Vizag
Working awesome in my Xperia V
In my opinion the previous app slide option should have work vice versa as forward n backward.

Sent from my LT25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I am using the one swipe to show lock screen in combination with hover hold to lock phone. I've noticed whenever I swipe to show the lock screen and input my pattern, the phone unlocks but then relocks within seconds. Only happens when I've used the swipe to display the lock screen instead of pressing a button. Anyone else experience this? Any fix?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
I am using the one swipe to show lock screen in combination with hover hold to lock phone. I've noticed whenever I swipe to show the lock screen and input my pattern, the phone unlocks but then relocks within seconds. Only happens when I've used the swipe to display the lock screen instead of pressing a button. Anyone else experience this? Any fix?

Yes. If you use swipe once for lockscreen preview, the screen will be turned off in a couple of seconds, even if you unlock the phone. However, this behavior wasn't present in earlier versions. In my opinion, the way it used to be was far more convenient and less annoying.
Beside that, for some reason swipe twice to unlock is very slow to respond (could be more than 15 seconds), and sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Also, the sensitivity is weird as well. Sometimes it will recognize the movement when I accidentally move my hand over the phone at 30+ cm, but when it's just couple of centimetres above the sensor, the sensitivity seems to be very low. I did sensor test in app, and everything seems okay there. But when it comes to unlocking the phone, the story is a bit different.

Sent from my Xperia Z

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yes. If you use swipe once for lockscreen preview, the screen will be turned off in a couple of seconds, even if you unlock the phone. However, this behavior wasn't present in earlier versions. In my opinion, the way it used to be was far more convenient and less annoying.
Beside that, for some reason swipe twice to unlock is very slow to respond (could be more than 15 seconds), and sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Also, the sensitivity is weird as well. Sometimes it will recognize the movement when I accidentally move my hand over the phone at 30+ cm, but when it's just couple of centimetres above the sensor, the sensitivity seems to be very low. I did sensor test in app, and everything seems okay there. But when it comes to unlocking the phone, the story is a bit different.

Sent from my Xperia Z

Glad to see I'm not alone. Are you aware of any fix or will we have to wait for the dev to take care of it?

Interesting, I haven't had any problem like that while using the swipe twice to unlock. Perhaps take a look at your sensor options and adjust the time? Not sure if that will help but worth a shot. As for sensitivity, I haven't had any issues but then again it's pretty subjective for me.

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
@DJMaj07 unfortunately, I don't know of any workaround. We'll have to wait for the dev to look into it.

I've tried everything, but it's still hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my Xperia Z

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
@DJMaj07 unfortunately, I don't know of any workaround. We'll have to wait for the dev to look into it.

I've tried everything, but it's still hit and miss for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Sent from my Xperia Z

I emailed him earlier about a different issue I was having and he was very quick with a helpful response. I'll email him again and see if he can look into it when he has time.

Hmm. Might have to do with your phone and its proximity sensor, or maybe your ROM and its deep sleep settings. Hopefully it's the latter so you can fix it!

forgin

Sep 11, 2010

Sent from my Xperia Z

Glad to see I'm not alone. Are you aware of any fix or will we have to wait for the dev to take care of it?

Interesting, I haven't had any problem like that while using the swipe twice to unlock. Perhaps take a look at your sensor options and adjust the time? Not sure if that will help but worth a shot. As for sensitivity, I haven't had any issues but then again it's pretty subjective for me.

Sent from my Xperia Z

I emailed him earlier about a different issue I was having and he was very quick with a helpful response. I'll email him again and see if he can look into it when he has time.

Hmm. Might have to do with your phone and its proximity sensor, or maybe your ROM and its deep sleep settings. Hopefully it's the latter so you can fix it!

Sorry all for being so away...i promised an update for last week and couldnt...i am so bussy with my job practice....almost have no time to sleep xDDDDD but fortunatelly yesterday i started hard on it and improved the quickglance appearance, its much cooler now. I am improving the settings layout adding options to choose what slide do what (will slowly add them step by steps) also adding options for quickglance settings like hour/date format.
i will release a version this weekend with whatever i get finished and so on for every weekend. so it get a little more active.

about screen locking after a few secs.. i will test it and try to find whats going on.

smar

Aug 27, 2005
London
Slide Direction?

Thanks for a great app.

Is there any chance you could detect the slide direction (using the proximity sensors)? I know there was some comments on this before, where it was suggested that it is not possible as most phones have a single sensor. However, this would be a really useful addition for those phones that do have the sensors.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

cd69

Sep 19, 2012
I have to say that this app has been great. But the battery life is reduced by 30%.i know the sensors are on all the time and it's not the apps fault. Anywho appreciate the hard work and hopefully we have a battery friendly solution soon if possible

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
I have to say that this app has been great. But the battery life is reduced by 30%.i know the sensors are on all the time and it's not the apps fault. Anywho appreciate the hard work and hopefully we have a battery friendly solution soon if possible

Mine shows it only uses 1.3% of my battery after running all day...

TaPpEd from my nOtEwOrThY N2

cd69

Sep 19, 2012
@jrbxx7 you are lucky. I tried everything possible but still no luck. I have to mention that I primarily use this to unlock the phone as I hate physical buttons. But still a great app

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
@jrbxx7 you are lucky. I tried everything possible but still no luck. I have to mention that I primarily use this to unlock the phone as I hate physical buttons. But still a great app

Thats prob the diff. Urs has wakelocks and screen on....
I use it mainly as screen off music controls. Love it with my blue tooth system.

TaPpEd from my nOtEwOrThY N2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!!

I am developing a new app, its called Hovering Controls. The app imitates the beheaviour of Air Gesture from Galaxy S4 (some options need root like gallery swipe and browser scroll) It also emulates Quick Glance, Air Call accept etc etc..
    You can also control your music/video players, start your desired app on a move, switch to previous apps, jump to launchscreen....you can check the features bellow.
    I have 2 version of the app, both full versions, one is XDA version wich is totally free (you can download here) and a supportive version published in Google Play (with this version you support future updates and features).
    Any feedback and suggestions are well received. I will try to add all features you ask for.
    Thank you every body!!

Sharing INFO:
    Please do not upload the app in other sites, stores or online storages. Link back to this post or to Google Play.
    I prefer not using the app on custom roms, i prefer that people just download it from here or the store so they always can have the latest updates and fixes.
    If you make a translated version (i will translate it asap) pm me with a link to download so i can post it here too.

Any questions, petitions suggestions or whatever you want, pm me or contact me via Skype(golgorth@hotmail.com) or gmail(forgin50@gmail.com)

Thank you everybody!

Download:
    Attached to the post. This is version is fully featured, free but with ads, you can get the premium which remove ads to support.

Current Version 1.8.03:
    - Fully changed UI, easier to understand.
    - Fixed to work on Android Marshmallow (6)
    - Removed Bookmarks open (not possible with android 6 ...so deleted)
    - Fixed answer call for Android 6

-FEATURES-
    Features for NO ROOT:
    - Blacklist app to pause hovering controls in desired apps.
    - Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
    - Silence alarm.
    - Silence incoming call.
    - Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward beheaviour)
    - Fast go to home screen
    - QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!! (or choose to show your lockscreen)
    - Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
    - Shake your phone to switch speakerphone on/off
    - Unlock screen with two hand slides!
    - Lock screen
    - Flip Cover mode.
    - Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (it uses Hover Hold motion)

Features for ROOT USERS:
    - All previous features.
    - Tilt to slide left or right in any app and homescreen (Experimental)
    - AutoShoot pictures/videos, no need to push the button again! (DESACTIVATED UNTIL NEW UPDATE)
    - Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous)
    - Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up)

More features to come as well as translations!!!

PERMISSIONS:
    DISABLE_KEYGUARD = for unlocking the lockscreen
    GET_TASKS = to get your running apps and switch betwen them
    INTERNET = not actually used, but might use for future updates.
    READ_CALL_LOG = get your missing calls to show in QuickGlance
    READ_PHONE_STATE = to pause app while in a call for example
    READ_SMS = show counter of new received sms in QuickGlance
    RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED = to start upon boot
    REORDER_TASKS = to switch betwen recent tasks (like back&forward betwen 2 apps)
    VIBRATE = vibrate phone xD
    WAKE_LOCK = to wake up phone and show QuickGlance or unlock screen

Credits:
    - pavik62 -- Russian translation
    - LeSScro -- Designs
    - MSTRoyal -- German translation and lots of testing!!!
    (translations will be available in future updates)
    Also thanks all who offered for translations that will be added in future updates and of course i would like to thank all people that helped me with their feedback and ideas.

ChangeLog
    - Fixed bug when screen locks a few seconds later after unlocked.
    - Now both answer call with hoverhold and twice slide works at same time.
    - Added option to autoanswer with double slide
    - Added option to activate speakerphone automatically when answered with double slide.
    - Fixed a possible bug with speakerphone.
    v1.3.9
    - Option to blacklist notifications of apps (under lockscreen options).
    - Fixed some bugs.
    - Reconstructed lost code.
    - Option to set a blacklist of apps so hovering controls will not fire events while they are opened.
    - QuickGlance now can show any new notifications (only android 4.3 and newer);
    - Cleaned service code to use less ram.
    - Speakerphone option while in a phonecall has been changed to Twice Slide (no more shakes).
    v1.3.1
    -Fix auto answer call for some devices.
    - Fix bug that answer a call after a few seconds when silencing it.
    - Fix some FC when answering calls and other FC.
    - Option to choose a video player for the music/video player controls, fixing a bug that music start playing when trying to pause a video.
    - Tried to add Spotify support, pleas report if it works, i couldnt really test it.
    - Test sensor section changed to Sensor options, You can change alternate sensor delay time and set it to use for real use.
    - More fixes i dont remember
    v1.2.9
    - Music Controls fully implemented, read instructions in description.
    - Unlock lockscreen for NON ROOT!!
    - Fix a FC when answering a call.
    - Other tweaks.
    v1.2.8
    - Cleaned code for less ram usage and faster execution.
    - Changed root code: root options should work better.
    - Samsung Alarms now mute on wave, bugged in last version.
    - Test Sensor own service now stops properly when exiting.
    - HTC Sense added for gallery slides.
    - Contacts and Telephone apps now opens as diferent apps (should work for others too).
    - More fixes to events behaviours
    v1.2.7
    - Again, Fixed QuickPic gallery slides.
    - Added slides compatibility with F-Stop Image Gallery.
    - Fixed Stock Camera not pausing events if you set to not use while in camera mode.
    - Other fixes.
    v1.2.6
    - Hover Hold with alternate sensor detector fixed. Sorry.
    - Fix QuickPick gallery slide
    v1.2.5
    - Permissions added to fix some FC (bluetooth for answer calls and read contacts to check missed calls)
    - Added option to stop detecting when screen is off.
    - Added option to switch on/off vibration with events.
    - Adjusted browser scroll (firefox not suported yet) and gallery slider (now works with quickpick)
    - Start at boot now works as it should be.
    v1.2.4
    - QuickGlance now works propperly!!
    - Now you can answer calls without root, just put your phone in your ear.
    - Fixed more force close errors.
    - Shake to reject added but dissabled because it needs a permission that shows up as "Service that cost you money" and users dont like this kind of permissions and i dont like them too.
    v1.2.3
    - Fixed a Force Close when unlocking screen with waves after showing quickglance
    - Adjusted QuickGlance so it should not show lockscreen.
    - You can now adjust Shake sensitiviy in Test Sensors screen
    - Other code fixes.
    v1.2.2
    - Slides will not open any app in background when lockscreen is shown
    - Deleted Hanging up phone calls with Hover Hold, just to answer (root)
    - Shake your phone to switch speakerphone on/off
    - Hovering Control will not react to events while in a camera app.
    - Hover Hold autoshot desactivated until new updates.
    v 1.2.0
    - lots of features.
    v1.1.3
    - Alternative detector is now available for use, just choose it in setting screen.
    - Setting screen is now on with only one setting xD more to come.
    - You can now select your launcher as an app to open (usefull for fast home button) not available with carousel.
    - You can now select Previous app (not for carousel) this will open your previous oppened app, if not available will open second, if not, nothing happens.
    v1.1.2:
    -Changed UI to be easier to understand.
    -A spinner with your carrousel apps is now shown in the main screen.
    -Added compatibility with 2.2 and up!
    v1.1.1
    - In Test Sensor section added new option to change the type of the detector, activate it if the app is not detecting you propperly. Only available in test sensor section, not available for use yet.
    v1.1
    -Added "test sensor" options in menu, this way you can check your hand slides and find they way it works for your sensor.

Known issues:
    - Music controls sometimes fails to work..musc player can became a little crazy.
    - Nexus 7 has no proximity sensor...app not working.

My Google Play apps:
    https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Golgorz&c=apps

Hovering Controls in Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golgorz.hoveringcontrols

PD: If i get a new icon i will update it, i think i messed it up with the psd xD
    Hi mate :),I found these issues hope fix in future release:
    -always 'FC' during incoming calls on S2
    - an issue with playing songs on hover hold when I watch youtube video is really annoying (solved by disable Music/video control) hope fix without disable.
    - problem with pausing video when the video is in landscape (sometimes it doesn't work)
    - make it less battery consumption
    --------------------
    New features hope to add
    - add a feature to choose delay time for the speed of sensor response would be great (to increase or reduce the sensor response time)
    - add a feature to take a screenshot with swipe like s3 :p
    -----------------
    Thank you a lot for this app I love it :
    waiting for new updates :D
    new verison 1.3.0 out!!
    I love the last release 1.3.0 :) but just face these issues:
    -pause function is not working when the video is landscape on s2 (stock video player) just working in portrait, I hope this feature works in both portrait and landscape
    -an issue in hovering hold when the video is playing that if I didn't select the video player it will open a song in background
    - unlock feature is not working with my ripple lock on s2 after u make it work without root :(

suggestion:
    I wonder if it is possible to make this function instead of two slides,the sensor can detect my hand motion if I swipe my hand to right side swipe to right (Next pic) and if I swipe it to left go to left (previous pic), it will be great

thnx a lot bro :D

Sent from my Xperia Z

Sent from my Xperia Z

Sorry all for being so away...i promised an update for last week and couldnt...i am so bussy with my job practice....almost have no time to sleep xDDDDD but fortunatelly yesterday i started hard on it and improved the quickglance appearance, its much cooler now. I am improving the settings layout adding options to choose what slide do what (will slowly add them step by steps) also adding options for quickglance settings like hour/date format.
    i will release a version this weekend with whatever i get finished and so on for every weekend. so it get a little more active.

about screen locking after a few secs.. i will test it and try to find whats going on.