Zerolemon Rugged Case

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By mcleaver84, Member on 8th October 2013, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th October 2013, 07:35 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Couldn't resist this at $20, ordered a few hours ago on amazonUS and got a shipped email shortly after. Wish it had a kickstand on the case though, it's the only thing i'll miss about the cheap case i'm currently using. Also disappointing to hear the built in screen protector isn't tight against the screen, as the otterbox defender case I had on my s3 made it feel like an old resistive touch screen, still if it's an issue a sharp knife should fix it.

15th October 2013, 07:36 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is there any signal degradation with this case?
15th October 2013, 09:30 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1,890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillebob

Couldn't resist this at $20, ordered a few hours ago on amazonUS and got a shipped email shortly after. Wish it had a kickstand on the case though, it's the only thing i'll miss about the cheap case i'm currently using. Also disappointing to hear the built in screen protector isn't tight against the screen, as the otterbox defender case I had on my s3 made it feel like an old resistive touch screen, still if it's an issue a sharp knife should fix it.

I believe it does have a kickstand. Mine was delivered today so I'll let you know when I get home.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free
15th October 2013, 10:03 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

I believe it does have a kickstand. Mine was delivered today so I'll let you know when I get home.

Looking at the pictures it seems the spring clip on the holster can be used as a stand, but I haven't seen any other stand on it, would be happy to be wrong though.
15th October 2013, 11:53 PM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillebob

Looking at the pictures it seems the spring clip on the holster can be used as a stand, but I haven't seen any other stand on it, would be happy to be wrong though.

Yep you're right. It's the optional clip.

Overall it's a good case. It feels a lot better than the tpu case that came with the original battery. My only complaint is the screen protector. You have a little space between the protector and the screen making you have to press a little harder. I did turn on high touch sensitivity and that helps a little.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
15th October 2013, 11:55 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
No signal degradation from what I've noticed. The kick stand is on the holster, not the case.
16th October 2013, 02:05 AM |#47  

More
Either I'm on drugs or this rugged case actually feels thinner and lighter than the phone does with the original TPU case.

16th October 2013, 02:25 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Feels good built in screen protector is good no watermarks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
16th October 2013, 02:29 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs2011

Either I'm on drugs or this rugged case actually feels thinner and lighter than the phone does with the original TPU case.

ZeroLemon items are like Drugs they are very nice but also priced very very Well :P.
16th October 2013, 02:30 PM |#50  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,753

More
Got mine in yesterday, not impressed. Well I should really say it's what you would expect a $20 otter box to be like. The screen protector isn't flush with the phone, the port covers can depress into the port, it's even thicker width wise than an otterbox, has a smaller front lip than an otterbox.

That said, the volume/power buttons are some of the best I've used on a rugged case. The back is smooth so it's easy to get out of a pocket but there's still braille style dots on the side for grip.

If you're going to use the zerolemon i'd recommend this case if you don't own a dremel to do the otter box mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2013, 04:37 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Got mine in yesterday, not impressed. Well I should really say it's what you would expect a $20 otter box to be like. The screen protector isn't flush with the phone, the port covers can depress into the port, it's even thicker width wise than an otterbox, has a smaller front lip than an otterbox.

That said, the volume/power buttons are some of the best I've used on a rugged case. The back is smooth so it's easy to get out of a pocket but there's still braille style dots on the side for grip.

If you're going to use the zerolemon i'd recommend this case if you don't own a dremel to do the otter box mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

from what you said is the only really bad thing is the screen protector if anything im just going to cut it out if i do not like it. i look at it this way it has to be safer than just using the TPU case for my 7500 mAh battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)