FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zerolemon Rugged Case

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 12
 
By mcleaver84, Member on 8th October 2013, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2013, 04:37 PM |#51  
clapper66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219

Got mine in yesterday, not impressed. Well I should really say it's what you would expect a $20 otter box to be like. The screen protector isn't flush with the phone, the port covers can depress into the port, it's even thicker width wise than an otterbox, has a smaller front lip than an otterbox.

That said, the volume/power buttons are some of the best I've used on a rugged case. The back is smooth so it's easy to get out of a pocket but there's still braille style dots on the side for grip.

If you're going to use the zerolemon i'd recommend this case if you don't own a dremel to do the otter box mod.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

from what you said is the only really bad thing is the screen protector if anything im just going to cut it out if i do not like it. i look at it this way it has to be safer than just using the TPU case for my 7500 mAh battery.
 
 
16th October 2013, 04:40 PM |#52  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,753
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66

from what you said is the only really bad thing is the screen protector if anything im just going to cut it out if i do not like it. i look at it this way it has to be safer than just using the TPU case for my 7500 mAh battery.

No need to cut it feels like you can pop it right out. Like I said, if you don't have access to a dremel I would get this case.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshm.1219 Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 06:30 PM |#53  
Account currently disabled
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66

from what you said is the only really bad thing is the screen protector if anything im just going to cut it out if i do not like it. i look at it this way it has to be safer than just using the TPU case for my 7500 mAh battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillebob

Couldn't resist this at $20, ordered a few hours ago on amazonUS and got a shipped email shortly after. Wish it had a kickstand on the case though, it's the only thing i'll miss about the cheap case i'm currently using. Also disappointing to hear the built in screen protector isn't tight against the screen, as the otterbox defender case I had on my s3 made it feel like an old resistive touch screen, still if it's an issue a sharp knife should fix it.

Hello from ZeroLemon

For the screen protector, we do see some clients are having issues about it not sitting tight on the screen. We are happy to get those sorted for you. Please email us about this

Thanks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zerolemon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zerolemon Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 07:27 PM |#54  
gillebob's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolemon

Hello from ZeroLemon

For the screen protector, we do see some clients are having issues about it not sitting tight on the screen. We are happy to get those sorted for you. Please email us about this

Thanks

Thanks for that zerolemon, i'm more than impressed with 7500 mah battery and if there's an issue with case i'll certainly let you know. Also, great to see a manufacturer taking the time to post on here.
18th October 2013, 12:48 AM |#55  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Just got mine. Digging it.
I pulled the stock screen protector off. It was already half way off. Using the screen protector I already had on my phone. Also rocking the 7500mah battery from hyperion.
Which Btw had a better tpu molded case. Compared to the 7500 zerolemon standard tpu.

But I really needed the clip holster this offers lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
18th October 2013, 01:17 AM |#56  
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit18

Just got mine. Digging it.
I pulled the stock screen protector off. It was already half way off. Using the screen protector I already had on my phone. Also rocking the 7500mah battery from hyperion.
Which Btw had a better tpu molded case. Compared to the 7500 zerolemon standard tpu.

But I really needed the clip holster this offers lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Can you explain,
Which screen protector you saying was already half way off, that you removed.
Was it the one that was suppose to be built-in this new case? It was just falling out?
Please explain more clearly
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
18th October 2013, 02:22 AM |#57  
clapper66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit18

Just got mine. Digging it.
I pulled the stock screen protector off. It was already half way off. Using the screen protector I already had on my phone. Also rocking the 7500mah battery from hyperion.
Which Btw had a better tpu molded case. Compared to the 7500 zerolemon standard tpu.

But I really needed the clip holster this offers lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Well I heard the Hyperion tpu case messed up the flash so both cases have there pros and cons

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
18th October 2013, 02:26 AM |#58  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad2277

Can you explain,
Which screen protector you saying was already half way off, that you removed.
Was it the one that was suppose to be built-in this new case? It was just falling out?
Please explain more clearly
Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

The one that came with the rugged case. It was partially unattached. Which is common for these. Believe it's from heat. If you choose to use it....... You have to press along the edges were the adhesive is sandwiched then install the case.
It's like the Otterbox defender cases. But this one didn't cause bubbles like the Otterbox did on my iPhone 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to milkit18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift milkit18 Ad-Free
18th October 2013, 03:16 AM |#59  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I emailed zerolemon and baxtex wireless both regarding an issue with my screen protector not snug with my screen and still no response so far.
18th October 2013, 03:30 AM |#60  
clapper66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by echsos

I emailed zerolemon and baxtex wireless both regarding an issue with my screen protector not snug with my screen and still no response so far.

Well if anything I'm going to take it off anyways. I will report back on mine when I get it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
18th October 2013, 06:24 AM |#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapper66

Well I heard the Hyperion tpu case messed up the flash so both cases have there pros and cons

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Heard the same thing.
But mine was fine. No flash problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes