FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,870

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th October 2013, 04:42 PM |#761  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

You don't seem to be reading my posts to you and my private message. I told you it cannot be remotely done. Someone could make a bootable CWM SD for you, but you must still boot it in your device and install the zips yourself. And you don't seem to be trying my new procedure in my thread where I recommended you try the non-burning method in my item 1a.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using XDA Premium

Leapinlar, thanks for your efforts. I and others do appreciate them. It is not that the "new" persons don't read, it is more like reading a totally alien language and not get a word of it. Give him/her sometime to get used to it.
Thanks again for all you do.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellcraft26

OK, i'm giving up, spent the whole day working on this and nothing, don't want top waste more time on this, i went to walmart and bought some extra sd cards and still showing that is corrupted. I'm a total noob on this, is there someone willing to remotely do the whole thing for me? I know it should be easy but I guess i'm an moron when it comes to this type of stuff. Willing to do a donation to the guys who are making this rooting for the nooks.

Any help will be greatly appreciated it.

Do not get discouraged. This can not be done remotely like leapinlar said. First make sure you have a Sandisk class 4 microSD card. Other cards could be trouble. Then take a deep breath and a good cup of coffee and follow Dummies Guide step by step. I did it and it will work for you too. Do not give up.

13th October 2013, 08:10 PM |#762  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If you are having problems with making the bootable card only, then I suppose I can help you via teamviewer? That part should be easily doable, the rest is up to you.

I followed this guy couple of weeks ago, everything worked flawlessly and my NookHD has been running fine ever since
14th October 2013, 12:19 AM |#763  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes, you need to flash the plain stock zip I have in my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature. See item 6. It takes it completely back to 100% stock.

Figured out the issue -- I needed to use "plain" and not "rooted".

Just wish I could get the microSDXC card card to recognize 64 gb and I'd be all set...
14th October 2013, 01:35 AM |#764  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,870

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignking

Figured out the issue -- I needed to use "plain" and not "rooted".

Just wish I could get the microSDXC card card to recognize 64 gb and I'd be all set...

Format the card to fat32.

15th October 2013, 11:22 PM |#765  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks for this, very easy to follow and had it up and running in no time. Just feel like a fool for not doing this sooner considering how well it runs! Thanks again
17th October 2013, 01:09 PM |#766  

More
Suggested updates to the guide - and thanks!
First of all, a big Thank You to e.mote and each one of the people involved in putting together these packages. Your efforts are much appreciated.

I also have feedback and suggested corrections to the instruction:
  • CWM-recovery-ovation is now on version 3, and the instruction should be updated to specify that version.
  • The gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip has a warning attached to it that it is not recommended for Jelly Bean 4.2, and not compatible with 4.3. This created a lot of hesitation with me, and I am sure other followers of this guide could use a clarification. As it turned out, the package worked fine with Cyanogenmod 10.1.3
  • When doing the Stock ROM backup, CWM Recovery will default to External SD Card, so the instruction works fine.
  • However, when doing the baseline backup, after the installation of Cyanogenmod 10.1.3, CWM Recovery defaults to INTERNAL SD Card, so you cannot select the "backup" option; you must select "Backup to External SD Card".
  • Also, one useful piece of advice would be to NOT keep an SD card in the device to begin with, during the installation and updating of apps that you want included in the baseline backup. The reason is that some apps will put a data storage location on the external SD card if they can find one, and that makes the baseline backup complicated. One example of such an app is Spotify. You get an easier process if you insert an external storage SD card (FAT32 formatted) only AFTER having done the app installations and baseline backup.
Thanks again!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TedStone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TedStone Ad-Free
17th October 2013, 11:05 PM |#767  
Flag Princeton, NJ

More
"Some Nooks are finicky...". Correct. I got 2 of them 9/23/13, Monday. On Tue when they charged I began. Mine was normal finicky, maybe 10+ tries before success. Abby's was a nightmare. Wed AM I woke thinking I better return it but I wrestled with some it more. I eventually booted up without the SD card and then tried it again. Voila! Probably superstition, but finicky? Got to have a stronger term. We love the HD+, our NCs were becoming sluggish, none on CM10.1, Abby's on CM7.2.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
19th October 2013, 08:34 AM |#768  
Flag Moscow

More
Just want to point out that making SDcard bootable CWM is MUCH easier and WAY faster with instruction at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613
especially if you have only 1-2gb card. Other than that much appreciated!
21st October 2013, 05:01 AM |#769  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
I followed the first post and flashed the CM 10.1.3 rom successfully. Believe it or not, this is my first time flashing rom on an Android device. Thank you very much.

-----------------------
Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Mega
22nd October 2013, 08:31 PM |#770  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant unzip boot img
hey guys,
maybe im too dumb for this but the boot.img does not exctract for me....

could someone help?

thx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	2343501  
22nd October 2013, 10:03 PM |#771  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Curious if anyone experiences touch screen glitches sometimes where the screen responds to a different part of the screen than where you are actually touching? Turning the screen off then back on solves the problem, but didn't know if this was a device problem or CM issue. I didn't experience this prior to the root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)