FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cheap and Cheerful Battery Review

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By calyxim, Senior Member on 16th February 2012, 02:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Around 8 months or so ago I bought this cheapo "YIBOYUAN" batteries off ebay. Since then I almost never used my original battery.
It comes with wall charger and 2x batteries. So I swap them once a week or so.
Anyway, lets cut to the chase;
They have always performed as good as my stock battery. Actually I tried my stock battery last week and it gave me the same battery life. 38 hours vs 42 hours to be exact. (wifi on all the time, 15 minutes of calls, 30 minutes of gps navigation, 30 minutes of web browsing, 4 widgets, 15-30 minutes of facebook, twitter, football results etc.. apps)

So, if you want cheap batteries that (almost) does what it says on the tin, yiboyuan is the way to go.
( I'm not Chinese by any means )

16th February 2012, 02:05 PM |#2  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calyxim

Around 8 months or so ago I bought this cheapo "YIBOYUAN" batteries off ebay. Since then I almost never used my original battery.
They have always performed as good as my stock battery. Actually I tried my stock battery last week and it gave me the same battery life. 38 hours vs 42 hours to be exact. (wifi on all the time, 15 minutes of calls, 30 minutes of gps navigation, 30 minutes of web browsing, 4 widgets, 15-30 minutes of facebook, twitter, football results etc.. apps)

So, if you want cheap batteries that (almost) does what it says on the tin, yiboyuan is the way to go.

I bought batteries off eBay for my nexus s and they were a bit loose

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
16th November 2012, 11:58 PM |#3  
Thumbs up
yiboyuan ,,, just heard that name...
14th March 2013, 06:10 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

My friend sold me his phone and with it the same package as you: 2 yiboyuan batteries and a charger. He told me to charge these batteries only with the charger because charging them in the phone might overheat it. Is it false? Did you have any issues? I never used these batteries before but now my stock battery is getting worst every day. From what you say these are very good batteries so I will certainly use them
Thanks
23rd October 2013, 02:13 PM |#5  
Flag Chania Krete
Thanks Meter: 27

More
wildfire batteries
Quote:
Originally Posted by philfontaine

My friend sold me his phone and with it the same package as you: 2 yiboyuan batteries and a charger. He told me to charge these batteries only with the charger because charging them in the phone might overheat it. Is it false? Did you have any issues? I never used these batteries before but now my stock battery is getting worst every day. From what you say these are very good batteries so I will certainly use them
Thanks

well guys if you want my opinion on that as i know some about batteries ..If the battery after market you are talking about is Li-po there is no way to overheat in your mobile except if it is Ni mi . they have to be li- po .Then you have no prob to charge into your mobile ..If the real milampers are a little more or less there is something called calibration and you can use it .You wait until the phone shows 100% charged and not the green light as sometimes lights on at 91 % on some roms!!If we are talking about NI-mi its a different technology and needs !!!! its own charge .And last to speak about LIpo batteries that all mobles use these seasons they carry in a chip that cut the charge voltage of the battery when they are fully charged and then the phone shows 100%..! In the case when this chip is damaged then the battery wont stop charging and the results are overheat and the battery gets (pregnant) !!Then the battery needs to be replaced !! If you read on your battery" LI po "then you can charge into your mobile. If it shows NI mi then use only its own wall charger !!

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:

Sorry LI-ion its almost the same tech as LI po
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, cheap, chinese, wildfire, yiboyuan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)