Thanks Meter: 137,584

Donate to Me
More
r4
* Merge KEXEC patches to work with MultiRom from Tassadar
* Merge all the work on the Hotplug driver from Mako
* Merge all the work on the GPU governor from Mako
* Merge my latest touch boost implementation directly from Mako
* Disable AVS to allow for true undervolting (with AVS enabled it would regulate the voltages back to its default values internally)
* Enable Module support for TouchControl
* Should work fine with the latest PAC and Carbon rom nightlies
* Other misc changes available on github repo

I was hoping for 4.4 to hit earlier, so I was holding off this release, but I'm glad I did because I could merge my latest codes from Mako. Hope you like it!
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2013, 04:53 AM |#612  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,666

More
Miasmic landed on Flo

Flo mpdecision kernels vs r4 gaming test

mpdecision ondemand timer_rate = 20000

Beach Buggy Blitz
Average FPS = 35

Real Racing 3
Average FPS = 30

r4 interactive default timer_rate = 25000

Beach Buggy Blitz
Average FPS = 35

Real Racing 3
Average FPS = 30

Let's decrease FK timer_rate to 20000 (better for gaming!) and also make the test fair

r4 interactive modified timer_rate = 20000

Beach Buggy Blitz
Average FPS = 38

Real Racing 3
Average FPS = 32

Behaviour

mpdecision = 2 cores constant 1512, others 2 offline, oh wtf
FK = 4 cores, a lot of 384 and 486, still smooth + significantly cooler

Just got asphalt 8 and im not bothering to do anymore mpdecision test again ^^
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hanny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hanny Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 06:18 AM |#613  
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeve4

What change was required?

https://github.com/franciscofranco/r...4e9d039f1c1ff4

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDarkDefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDarkDefender Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 08:41 AM |#614  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
@franciscofranco Is there an alternative method to get FKU other than Google play store? I don't know why but every time I tried to purchase FKU Google cancels the order but I can purchase other apps normally.
27th October 2013, 09:57 AM |#615  
Flag Sosnowiec
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Does this kernel have usb-ethernet dongle drivers? I suppose it doesn't, so would it be possible to add this drivers in one of the next releases?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
27th October 2013, 12:45 PM |#616  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Posted wrong info. Please delete.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
27th October 2013, 01:34 PM |#617  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog

I have it slightly on my device too, but it is 100% stock bootloader still locked. Sometimes I come back to it and battery has gone up a bit, sometimes it goes down a bit. I'd say it's normal

Okay, I did some further testing and here's what I found. Battery drops from 33% to 23%, always to 23% while sleeping. Happened on r4 too. However, I did not notice it on latest elementalX Same rom too.

To be fair I just installed back to franco, so I'll have to see if it happens again. Oh and the battery might go back up 1% or so but not much more and it it still drains normally.
27th October 2013, 01:37 PM |#618  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud3me

Okay, I did some further testing and here's what I dound. Battery drops from 33% to 23%, always to 23% while sleeping. Happened on r4 too. However, I did not notice it on latest elementalX Same rom too.

To be fair I just installed back to franco, so I'll have to see if it happens again. Oh and the battery might go back up 1% or so but not much more and it it still drains normally.

I think this might answer your question/problem

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post46733968
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poondog Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 01:52 PM |#619  

More
Quote:

I think this might answer your question/problem

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post46733968

Well that sucks. Strange though that I didn't (presumably) have it on elementalX. And the fact that it's always the exact same jump. Will have to do a complete stock test once kitkat hits However, if there really isn't anything wrong with the battery, then it's a struggle for me to get 5h screen on time (in <24h of on battery) with moderate usage.

On the other hand deep sleep battery has been amazing on this device. Barely get any drain during the night.
27th October 2013, 03:17 PM |#620  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12,992

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud3me

Well that sucks. Strange though that I didn't (presumably) have it on elementalX. And the fact that it's always the exact same jump. Will have to do a complete stock test once kitkat hits However, if there really isn't anything wrong with the battery, then it's a struggle for me to get 5h screen on time (in <24h of on battery) with moderate usage.

On the other hand deep sleep battery has been amazing on this device. Barely get any drain during the night.

I had 6 hours screen time in just under 3 days, mostly playing light games and browsing internet/xda plus watching videos using stock streaming player
This is with the battery spikes so personally I don't see them as a problem.
27th October 2013, 04:48 PM |#621  

More
Quote:

I had 6 hours screen time in just under 3 days, mostly playing light games and browsing internet/xda plus watching videos using stock streaming player
This is with the battery spikes so personally I don't see them as a problem.

Well, I wouldn't be complaining either if I had that kind of battery life.

Antutu scores are down on r4 around 1000 points compared to previous release. Scores lower than stock aosp for me. This was on stock Franco settings, gets a little higher with ondemand if someone cares.

Can't really say about actual performance but @Miasmic post seems promsing

Edit: Just had fps drop super slow, seemed like slow mo but still usable. Was especially noticeable in app drawer scrolling. Reboot solved it, though. Btw, what's the most useful log for kernel developers in case of an error?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)